What's new

Industrialists furious over prolonged load shedding in Faisalabad

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Industrialists furious over prolonged load shedding in Faisalabad

Factory owners and industrialists of Faisalabad have warned the government of shutting down their factories if the load shedding continues in the same fashion. The industrialists in the city are livid over long hours of power cut.

On the other hand, Faisalabad Power Looms Association has threatened to close the Auto Loom industry from 28th of July in protest against the load shedding. 400,000 workers are feared to lose their jobs if the load shedding continues in the same way.

According to the Power Looms owners, three percent of the industry has been completely eliminated from the scene because of the load shedding issue only. Remaining industry is also facing existential threat due to the same reason.

During the previous government, load shedding was restricted to four hours a day but the current government is doing load shedding for 8 – 10 hours a day because of the court orders. Long schedules of power cut are the reason for increasing the production costs of the products and at the same time, the electricity tariffs have also been doubled compared to the rates during previous government.

Hundreds of thousands of labourers have become jobless because of extensive power cuts. The businesses are declining and they are resulting in more unemployment in the city. Power Looms Association says that it has discussed the issue with the government machinery but because the situation still remains unchanged, they are forced to close their factories as a protest.

The factory owners and Power Looms Association said that if the four hour load shedding schedule does not get restored, all the labourers, who are a victim of this load shedding, will be a part of the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI)’s long march and will besiege the houses of cabinet members and government representatives.

Industrialists furious over prolonged load shedding in Faisalabad | Pakistan | Dunya News

They all deserve it for voting PMLN.

Aero you make lots of sense most of the times but PTI propaganda have gotten in to you. Explain how PTI would have resolved energy crisis? :what:

Aero you make lots of sense most of the times but PTI propaganda have gotten in to you. Explain how PTI would have resolved energy crisis? :what:

Did i make such a claim?

I was merely pointing out to the idiocy of the Faisalabadi businessmen who were duped in by Noon's 'business friendly' rhetoric.

For Faisalabad, Sialkot and Karachi AT LEAST, we should be taking measures on 'WAR FOOTINGS' to provide energy.

what PTI propaganda, did PTI claimed to end it in 6months, 1 year and then 1.5 years and eventually Allah say dua karo?

PTI policy was divided into two the short term projects between 3 to 6 years and long term 20 years projects, and that too I believe could be achieved only if done on emergency basis...

while the current government has not done it on priority basis.. the PM is on 10 days long vacations, then plans to have celebrations, have gone on visits of other countries with his brother and sons, and what did Pakistan get in return? Thinga investment !

Did i make such a claim?

I was merely pointing out to the idiocy of the Faisalabadi businessmen who were duped in by Noon's 'business friendly' rhetoric.

For Faisalabad, Sialkot and Karachi AT LEAST, we should be taking measures on 'WAR FOOTINGS' to provide energy.

Problem is even short term coal power plants take 3-4 years. Which many of them will be completed by 2017. Unfortunately there is no short term solution (1-2 years) to solve this crisis, only Mushy and PPP can be blamed for this mess.

what PTI propaganda, did PTI claimed to end it in 6months, 1 year and then 1.5 years and eventually Allah say dua karo?

PTI policy was divided into two the short term projects between 3 to 6 years and long term 20 years projects, and that too I believe could be achieved only if done on emergency basis...

while the current government has not done it on priority basis.. the PM is on 10 days long vacations, then plans to have celebrations, have gone on visits of other countries with his brother and sons, and what did Pakistan get in return? Thinga investment !

I think you are either ignorant on purpose or have been turning blind eye when ever news of project initiated by N come out.

10559883_763208957051046_6358172792544809113_n-jpg.39290

These small power plants of 55mw in industrial cities are short term, can anyone tell how much time they need to be completed? 660mw one need 3-4 years.

Problem is even short term coal power plants take 3-4 years. Which many of them will be completed by 2017. Unfortunately there is no short term solution (1-2 years) to solve this crisis, only Mushy and PPP can be blamed for this mess.

I think you are either ignorant on purpose or have been turning blind eye when ever news of project initiated by N come out.

10559883_763208957051046_6358172792544809113_n-jpg.39290

These small power plants of 55mw in industrial cities are short term, can anyone tell how much time they need to be completed? 660mw one need 3-4 years.

how conveniently blamed it all on previous govts. pmln slogan in 1997 was Kalabagh dam banaye gaye.. did zilch then too... still doing zilch as by 4-5 years the demand would probably increase 6000 MW, which is more than these small expensive projects will do.. while Dam is the only viable solution, zilch is being done on that...

how conveniently blamed it all on previous govts. pmln slogan in 1997 was Kalabagh dam banaye gaye.. did zilch then too... still doing zilch as by 4-5 years the demand would probably increase 6000 MW, which is more than these small expensive projects will do.. while Dam is the only viable solution, zilch is being done on that...

Again ignorance, are you seriously going to blame N for Kalabagh dam?

Again ignorance, are you seriously going to blame N for Kalabagh dam?

I was making a point, excuses dont help when in power.. pmln is in power, if it were serious about solving the electricity crisis, it would have focused on the projects that can actually help solve the problem.

I was making a point, excuses dont help when in power.. pmln is in power, if it were serious about solving the electricity crisis, it would have focused on the projects that can actually help solve the problem.

N is not dictator, first ask PTI to convince KPK. After that Sindh will be still left.

Back
Top Bottom