What's new

Indonesian vice president meets with senior Chinese military official !

Daniel808

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Indonesian Vice President Boediono met with the visiting Chinese general Fan Changlong on Friday in Jakarta, according to the Chinese delegation.

Boediono said the bilateral relations between Indonesia and China have grown fast in recent years and the bilateral cooperation in various fields has achieved fruitful results.

Indonesia highly values the importance of strengthening the comprehensive cooperation with China in defense and security areas, said Boediono, adding that Indonesia is ready to make new contributions to regional peace, stability, and prosperity with China.

Boediono said Indonesia has just successfully conducted the presidential election, and the new leaders will continue to advance the bilateral comprehensive strategic partnership under the direction and target set by the two countries.

Fan, also the vice chairman of China's Central Military Commission, the highest authority which runs the country's armed forced, said China and Indonesia are good neighbors, good friends and good partners, and the bilateral ties, which has been upgraded to comprehensive strategic partnership last year, have entered a new era.

"China believes the bilateral ties between the two countries and the two armies will be advanced under the efforts of the new Indonesian leadership and China on the basis of the current bilateral relationship," said Fan.

Fan also conveyed the greeting and best wishes from Chinese Vice President Li Yuanchao to Boediono during the meeting. Boediono expressed his gratitude and requested General Fan to convey his greetings and good wishes to Vice President Li in return.

Fan arrived in Jakarta on Wednesday for a three-day official visit as guest of the Indonesian Defense Ministry. Indonesia is the last stop of Fan's three-state tour after New Zealand and Australia.

Indonesian vice president meets with senior Chinese military official - Headlines, features, photo and videos from ecns.cn|china|news|chinanews|ecns|cns

Indonesia and China, Together for Peaceful rise of Asia :china:

pls do something useful for ASEAN and refrain from repeating Chinese propaganda, thank you.

You are our enemy. Why should we fight Indonesia? We will keep a close eye on you.
AUTSSS....are we enemy?
actually we both have an on/off friend/enemy relationship. nothing unusual, is just business as usual.

I say Indonesia should do something useful benefiting for ASEAN, not fighting China, not repeating Chinese propaganda.

what happen in South China Sea is your Problem VC. you must know that.
we have many benefits with our Improvement relationship with our partner, China.

why we must broke that good relationship?
you are right. why should I bother of what Indonesia does?

AUTSSS....are we enemy?
actually we both have an on/off friend/enemy relationship. nothing unusual, is just business as usual.

I say Indonesia should do something useful benefiting for ASEAN, not fighting China, not repeating Chinese propaganda.

you are right. why should I bother of what Indonesia does?

Benefiting ASEAN or benefiting Vietnam? that's different :p:

Indonesia can help to ease the intensified SCS dispute, by the way, Indonesia's influence will no longer be only limited to ASEAN. As a regional power, Indonesia should have global view, do not get misled by Vietnam.

yes, of course :-)

I think Indonesia will not make 'blunder', like what VC and PH did LOL :omghaha:

Indonesia can help to ease the intensified SCS dispute, by the way, Indonesia's influence will no longer be only limited to ASEAN. As a regional power, Indonesia should have global view, do not get misled by Vietnam.
where was the wannabe regional power Indo when you placed oil rigs along with warships, patrol vessels and fighter jets into our waters? sinking our fishing vessel and arresting our fishermen?
where is Indo voice when your warships conduct war games in the SC Sea as we see right now?
Does Indonesia's influence hinder China to put more dots on the map? instead of 9 now 10?

if Indonesia does nothing, then I just ask them refraining from repeating Chinese propaganda of "peaceful rise of China and Indonesia...bla bla ASIA". Nobody buys this scrap.

Benefiting ASEAN or benefiting Vietnam? that's different :p:

yes, of course :-)

I think Indonesia will not make 'blunder', like what VC and PH did LOL :omghaha:
It is wise if you begin to contribute something positive to peace and stability in the region instead of backing down and licking boots of the Chinese.

Last edited:
where was the wannabe regional power Indo when you placed oil rigs along with warships, patrol vessels and fighter jets into our waters? sinking our fishing vessel and arresting our fishermen?
where is Indo voice when your warships conduct war games in the SC Sea as we see right now?
Does Indonesia's influence hinder China to put more dots on the map? instead of 9 now 10?

why do you always tell us a "wannabe", we never proclaimed ourselves a regional power, some organizations put us in the rankings. Compared to Viet guys who always proclaim themselves "soon-to-be nuclear powers bla bla and ble ble economics bla bla" where in facts you guys are nothing but a group of people in a place where the U.S dropped agent orange on your head :lol: .

Anyway, back to the topic, say, if we help Vietnam in the SCS, what good can you do for us? Diplomatic is always two ways, we can speak up for you, but can you speak up for us when we need something? You can't help us diplomatically (not even in the ASEAN), forget economically and militarily, why should we help you when you can't give us something back in return?

We don't love China and we know China doesn't love us too, but there are things like trades, military, and technology that keep China and Indonesia relatively peaceful towards each other.

if Indonesia does nothing, then I just ask them refraining from repeating Chinese propaganda of "peaceful rise of China and Indonesia...bla bla ASIA". Nobody buys this scrap.

It is wise if you begin to contribute something positive to peace and stability in the region instead of backing down and licking boots of the Chinese.

Wait wait, if you Viet guys can spread propaganda about "how big and powerful" Vietnam is in here, why can't Indonesians? You guys are weirdos, thinking that this forum belongs to you and all :lol:

Is Vietnam saying "if you are not with us, you are against us"? They think they are American or something?

If Indonesia say "peaceful rise with China" and that would be seen by Vietnamese as choosing China against Vietnam? Did China force Indonesia to choose?

How we can trying to solve the SCS problems while we are trying to alienating China, the biggest factor in the problems itself? Like it or not they've been there, and they just will get a more clearer presence every passing days. Surely, alienating China is not the answer

No, don't get me wrong. I mean, Indonesia will be a neutral regional power (if you don't agree on this, but soon close to), to make East and Southeast Asia, especially the SCS more balanced. Even in the EU, different countries have different views on Russian sanctions, they all have their own deal with Russia, they don't want to lose it. There is too much uncertainty for their economy to lose an important trade partner. I think it's Indonesian their own decision to do the best for their own country, they don't need your suggestion.

Is Vietnam saying "if you are not with us, you are against us"? They think they are American or something?

If Indonesia say "peaceful rise with China" and that would be seen by Vietnamese as choosing China against Vietnam? Did China force Indonesia to choose?
No, just saying Indonesia should not support China imperialism because it runs against the interests of Vietnam and others in the region.
do you personally believe to the slogan "peaceful rise with China"?

How we can trying to solve the SCS problems while we are trying to alienating China, the biggest factor in the problems itself? Like it or not they've been there, and they just will get a more clearer presence every passing days. Surely, alienating China is not the answer
It is not our business if you increase tie with China. Being a friend of China does not mean you should support them or keep silent regardless of right or wrong. You are the biggest country in ASEAN, that carries a responsibily with it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom