Indonesia Defence Forum

de1a7b61e80614ec99b0b554bfc3a01c.jpg

89f8ace8c74e4ba7e1c72b120520f73d.jpg

52a7d351252e33a0070e25d9943caa6c.jpg

Last edited:
Indonesia cuts steel on second SIGMA frigate
Ridzwan Rahmat, Singapore - IHS Jane's Navy International
18 September 2014
Indonesian state-owned shipbuilder PT PAL held a steel-cutting ceremony for the Indonesian Navy's (Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut's/TNI-AL's) second SIGMA 10514 Perusak Kawal Rudal (PKR) guided-missile frigate in Surabaya, Indonesia, on 17 September.

d974b393da7310f656840401eb6f7f2a.jpg
Computer-generated imagery of Indonesia's SIGMA 10514 Perusak Kawal Rudal (PKR) guided-missile frigate. (DSNS)
The vessel is being built jointly with Dutch shipbuilder Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) under a contract signed in 2013 by the Indonesian Ministry of Defence. The contract follows a prior tender, signed in June 2012, to construct the first ship.

Both frigates are being assembled from six major block modules in an arrangement aimed at transferring naval shipbuilding expertise from DSNS to PT PAL. In the first vessel, four modules were built by PT PAL and two supplied by DSNS.

Indonesia cuts steel on second SIGMA frigate - IHS Jane's 360

C-295 MPA/ASW version is not yet to be certificated so there is no sample in the market right now.....that's as far as i know

CN-235 220 MPA/ASW prices is varying, depend on how many console suit system you want to install in them and how much sensors and what kind type of sensors you put into them. Indonesia version cost around 35 to more 40 million US dollar per plane. At least we can install exocet missile carrying plane suit system if you want to put them into anti-shipping roles and Mk 46 torpies and Mad tails boom with capabilities to dropping sonobuouys if you want to put them into ASW roles.

View attachment 65553

That's quite an ok price for a plane like that. I was researching a bit last night and I've found out that Vietnam is also negotiating for that plane, but they want it with the FITS – Fully Integrated Tactical System suite from Airbus. By the way, the C-295 MPA / ASW its been in the market for a few years now and several countries have it. The AWACS version is the one that is not certified yet, it will be next year.

Last edited:
wonder why these leos have no heavy machine gun/.50 cal on its turrets

Because German parliament is quite a bitch when be asking to issued permit license/selling for small arms equipment.

anyone knows the exact numbers of C-130 Hercules variants still operational under 31st and 32nd Air Squadron and how many of them in each squadron?
all i know that the C-130H variants are operated by the 31st Sq. and all the C-130B variants including the Air Tanker are operated under the 32nd Sq. (plus 1 unit of C-130 L-100-30 under the 17th VIP Sq and we once had 1 unit of C-130 MP at 5th Sq. but crashed in north sumatra)

anyone knows the exact numbers of C-130 Hercules variants still operational under 31st and 32nd Air Squadron and how many of them in each squadron?
all i know that the C-130H variants are operated by the 31st Sq. and all the C-130B variants including the Air Tanker are operated under the 32nd Sq. (plus 1 unit of C-130 L-100-30 under the 17th VIP Sq and we once had 1 unit of C-130 MP at 5th Sq. but crashed in north sumatra)

I don't know for sure either, but once I went on a school program in which I had to stay at Halim for 3 days for usual school program and we were offered a free joy flight on a C-130, before the flight the students get to ask questions and the question I asked was the number of C-130s they currently have, a technician from 31st Squadron said to me "sekitar 18 dek". Until now I'm not sure if it's 18 C-130s in Halim AFB or 18 C-130s in the Indonesian Air Force. I also checked news sources like Antara which said we have 28 C-130. I can't put the link of the news source here because i haven't exceed 29 post but try and find on antaranews website "beberapa fakta C130 hercules TNI AU. This is something I am curious about as well.

Last edited:
Indonesia, China Agree to Review Maritime Radar Procurement

b78a29c0f0f8034848bc08e0041fa6b4.jpg
SLR-66 Radar (photo : militaryphotos)

Beijing, China (ANTARA News) - The governments of Indonesia and China have jointly agreed to conduct an in-depth assessment of the procurement of the SLR-66 OTH maritime radar to boost the security of sea lanes in the Indonesian archipelago.

Indonesian Defense Minister Purnomo Yusgiantoro informed ANTARA in Beijing on Tuesday that Indonesia and China will reevaluate the financing mechanism for the procurement of the radar.

"In short, Indonesia and China will review everything that is related to the procurement of the maritime spy radar," he noted.
Minister Purnomo revealed that Indonesia will also reassess the necessary technical specifications for ensuring the security of sea lanes in the archipelago and the interoperability of the SLR-66 OTH radar with maritime patrol ships deployed by Indonesia.

"All this time, the sea lanes have been monitored using maritime patrol ships and airplanes of the Indonesian Navy," he stated.
In order to beef up security of Indonesias large maritime territory, particularly in the eastern region, Purnomo asserted that the country needed the spy radar, which was offered by China.

Thus, during the three-day work visit to China, on September 21-23, Minister Purnomo also visited the China Educational Instrument and Equipment Corp (CEIEC) office, the enterprise that offered the spy radar to Indonesia.

On the occasion, the CEIECs Director, Qu Huimin, explained that the SLR-66 OTH spy radar has an active mode operational capability to monitor up to 280 kilometers and passive mode with a monitoring capability of 500 kilometers.

The SLR-66 OTH radar also operates from stationary stations, which must be located in the strategic sea lanes.

Besides the SLR-66 OTH, the CEIEC also manufactures air monitoring equipment (UAV with SAR and PAYLOAD types) and underwater detection radar.
(Antara)

Rheinmetall Denel Munition and PT Pindad expand ammunition collaboration
Helmoed-Römer Heitman, Pretoria - IHS Jane's Defence Industry
Rheinmetall Denel Munition (RDM) and Indonesian company PT Pindad have followed up the memorandum of understanding (MoU) they agreed in August by signing a teaming agreement during the Africa Aerospace and Defence (AAD) show held in Pretoria from 17-21 September.

RDM chief executive officer (CEO) Norbert Schulze said the teaming agreement is "the first step in Rheinmetall's strategy to create a manufacturing hub for Southeast Asia in Indonesia". PT Pindad CEO Sudirman Said made the point that both companies are the national heavy-calibre ammunition houses for their respective countries. He said that the agreement "builds on existing shared synergies" and is regarded as a "long-term relationship that will benefit both companies and both countries".

Rheinmetall Denel Munition and PT Pindad expand ammunition collaboration - IHS Jane's 360

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom