What's new

India's Light stealth aircraft.

This is nearly Nine Months old news

I know that. What is your paoint.

-On development of Aircraft.

This aircraft will be developed on similar lines as Rafale. The need for a naval variant is in built within the basic design.

Except broad design on paper, nothing seems to be concrete. Building this in 5 years will be nothing short of a miracle.

Except broad design on paper, nothing seems to be concrete. Building this in 5 years will be nothing short of a miracle.
Not really , the LWF RFP was sent in 1972, the YF-16 prototype was rolled out in dec 1973 and first flight in early 1974.The concept , the design, realization and first flight was done within 2 years. The short development span was because of the use of mature available tech including the engine. In contrast the F-X program which later turned into the F-15 took 7 years in the same era from RFP to first flight as it involved several novelties and big govt bureaus , infact the concept of a twin engine heavy fighter dated back to the F-111 which itself was considered below the expectations.
If done sincerely , based on mature proven airframe and tech(imported and local) as it seems and excluding HAL and ADA from the process, 5 years may just be enough to develop workable prototypes provided no changes are made to the specs in between. Induction can be faster as avionics,components,ground support are already in service.

Not really , the LWF RFP was sent in 1972, the YF-16 prototype was rolled out in dec 1973 and first flight in early 1974.The concept , the design, realization and first flight was done within 2 years. The short development span was because of the use of mature available tech including the engine. The F-X program which later turned into the F-15 took 7 years from RFP to first flight as it involved several novelties and big govt bureaus , infact the concept of a twin engine heavy fighter dated back to the F-111 which itself was considered below the expectations.
If done sincerely , based on mature proven airframe and tech(imported and local) as it seems and excluding HAL and ADA from the process, 5 years may just be enough to develop workable prototypes provided no changes are made to the specs in between. Induction can be faster as avionics,components,ground support are already in service.

Just 5 years for a fighter from India??? You should check whats going on with Tejas after more than 30 years

Just 5 years for a fighter from India??? You should check whats going on with Tejas after more than 30 years

I was about to type the same thing. the light weight fighter took so long as still cant be fully FOC-ed, and these people are dreaming of internal weapon bays, stealth etc! first thing India needs to do is be "realistic". it goes a long way in setting up reachable goals and then REACHING them. instead of dreaming too big and not able to reach those goals for years on end and getting disappointed.

He claims that he had talked to Israeli aerospace industry and claims that they have accepted to make one that will tailored to the needs.

WTF? What about the engine?

He has the resources to fund the entire project and will not take anything from the government for the development cost.

If he can commit this , his plans and works are much more serious in nature than we are thinking.

DRDO has not yet clarified anything about LCA MK 2

LSA is just a figment of imagination
LSA has nothing to do with these PSUs. That person has offered to fund all the development costs till prototypes are built with his own resources. This makes me belief he has plans and resources chalked out and marked !

Anyway in a nation like India with HAL and likes, even this type of initiative is very good.

LSA has nothing to do with these PSUs. That person has offered to fund all the development costs till prototypes are built with his own resources. This makes me belief he has plans and resources chalked out and marked !

Anyway in a nation like India with HAL and likes, even this type of initiative is very good

Let us just wait and watch

There are reasons behind that I don't want to go into it as I know u don't care much about it. Your skepticism is valid but I am too sometimes , in fact I strongly believe that even a decent 100cc engine cant come from the Pakistani industry leave alone fighters and tanks.

There are reasons behind that I don't want to go into it as I know u don't care much about it. Your skepticism is valid but I am too sometimes , in fact I strongly believe that even a decent 100cc engine cant come from the Pakistani industry leave alone fighters and tanks.
We dont make ridiculous claims either.

Back
Top Bottom