What's new

Indian student creates world record in SAT, TOEFL scores

Mujraparty

Reaction score
Country
India
New Delhi: Fifteen-year-old, Shreya Vardhan created a world record when she scored a perfect score in the all admission tests that she took for a foreign university.

She scored full marks in the SAT Reasoning Test, the SAT Subject Tests, Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and the Advanced Placement (AP) Exams.

"We often see students who get a 98% or a 99% in their SATs and then we see those who have a very good score in TOEFL as well. But managing a 100% in SATs, TOEFL as well as AP exams is something that I have never heard. It is a great achievement," said Usha Alburqueque, career counsellor.

An avid fan of Jan Eyre and John Grisham, she believes that there is nothing extraordinary in her achievement "Yes, I am very happy, but I am like any other kid. I do like to study but I also play tennis and read fiction. My favourite authors are Jane Eyre, John Grisham and Jawaharlal Nehru," she says.

"She has always been a very bright kid, a topper in class. One thing about her is that she likes to read a lot. That is what, I think, helped her score so well. All the trunks in my house are full of books," said Reena, Vardhan, Shreya’s mother.

The daughter of an army officer, Shreya has been living in Delhi for the last one year and is a student of Delhi Public School, RK Puram.

According to her, acing the SATs was quite easy. "The questions are much easier than the ones we have in Classes 12 and 11:azn:. It’s the same with TOEFL too. The questions are easy but one needs to practice the listening section," she said.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/...-scores-100-in-sat-and-toefl-3550439-NOR.html
http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/DE...-scores-100-in-sat-and-toefl-3550439-NOR.html

:cheers:

If someone is a engineering student in India (atleast in case of my college), he/she scores less than 780/800 in Math section of GRE, they were not considered worthy of being an engineer. But Indian students generally perform bad or average in English section.

If someone is a engineering student in India (atleast in case of my college), he/she scores less than 780/800 in Math section of GRE, they were not considered worthy of being an engineer. But Indian students generally perform bad or average in English section.
Standard of GRE maths is too easy for an average student in India. But as you said, english section in very tough.

congrats to her. proud of her :cheers:

and this part is important

According to her, acing the SATs was quite easy. "The questions are much easier than the ones we have in Classes 12 and 11:azn:. It’s the same with TOEFL too. The questions are easy but one needs to practice the listening section," she said.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom