What's new

Indian railways ad places Delhi in Pakistan

pkd

Reaction score
Indian railways ad places Delhi in Pakistan

Updated at: 2030 PST, Saturday, March 20, 2010
NEW DELHI: In yet another blunder by government departments, an advertisement issued by the Indian Railways has placed New Delhi in Pakistan and Kolkata in the Bay of Bengal.

The Easter Railway issued the advertisement to newspapers during a flag off ceremony of the "Maharaja's Express."

Union Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee was to flag off the Maharaja'a Express trail at Kolkata Station on Saturday.

A box inside the advertisement panel showed the train route from Kolkata to New Delhi via Gaya, Varanasi, Bandhabgarh, Khajuraho, Gwalior and Agra.

As the faded background of the outline of a small map of India showed Kolkata in the Bay of Bengal and Delhi in Pakistan.

Eastern Railway Chief Public Relations Officer Samir Goswami accepted the mistake and apologised for the same.

He also informed that the Easter Railways has suspended the advertising agency.

Meanwhile, the advertising agency claimed that the route alignment had been given for the benefit of passengers.

"The map and the alignment are an artist's impression and not to scale. It is never our intention to create a controversy," the advertising agency said.

In January, the Union Women and Child Welfare Ministry had issued an advertisement containing former Pakistan air force chief's photograph.

http://thenews.com.pk/updates.asp?id=101181

This is love of Lahore. Indians love Lahore, specially East Punjab people.

Already posted please check the thread "Another blooper by India"

Haha that's hilarious! Rap some knuckles of those ignorant fools. Apparently some webiste claims a source saying that its - I kid you not - "an artist's impression" to help people/commuters. What baloney!! :woot:

OTOH, it must give prime fodder to conspiracy theorists who propagate the theory of "Akhand Bharat" as a hidden hegemonic agenda of Chankiya Bharatiyas! :woot:

hahahahahahahahah wow................. thank you India.............. now make sure you don't change map again :rofl:

So that means i wouldn't need visa to travel Delhi now :rofl:

Thank you so much India :D

koi baat Nahi Bade bade Deshon Mein Aisi Choti choti baatein Hoti Rahte hain.:D

IMHO, from my personal experiences with computer software, I think its just an artifact of superimposing two images wherein one image's aspect ratio got screwed wrt to the other - depending on how you look at it. That's all to it.
Somebody needs to re-learn Photoshop!!

On both ends they have crossed India and covered half of South Asia.

Just look carefully.

963b0d8aff5d9f3b00de418693be6e24.jpg

On both ends they have crossed India and covered half of South Asia.

Just look carefully.

963b0d8aff5d9f3b00de418693be6e24.jpg

you know something............. by this Delhi is in my city (Gujrat) :smitten::smitten::smitten:

Ab to Delhi local ho gaya meray liye :victory::victory::victory:

:rofl:hahahaha...... zaid hamid in action. finally radio pakistan can be in delhi

super imposing gone wrong..thats all!!! funny noone talks abt calcutta being in the sea!!! lol:yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom