What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Modi and Nitish supporting each other, new alignments for 2019 will come fore after March 11

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/a...i-lauds-bihar-cm-over-liquor-ban/20170105.htm
NiKu has understood Lalu will screw him. He is eyeing Delhi in 2019

I think his calculations are

No of BJP seats in 2019
1 > 250 - Senior Cabinet Position
2 200 - 250 Deputy PM under Modi
3 175 - 200 Deputy PM under Sushma/AJ/Any other leader
4 < 175 Third Front PM with outside Congress Support

No of BJP seats in 2019

My guess is that he wont get even senior cabinet post considering the number of seats Modi is gonna win. I mean this time it will be 300 :D

No of BJP seats in 2019

Within next 3 Months, everything will be clear.

No of BJP seats in 2019

Bad bad mistake by BJP if they let NiKu in.

NiKu definitely wants in. But why should BJP entertain him? Wasn't he the same guy who wouldn't even share the stage with Modi? Now that NiKu is breaking bread with convicts and goondas of RJD just to stop Modi's BJP, why should they even entertain such a preposterous idea?

Fact is the DNA of JDU and BJP don't match at all. Bihar is long gone and BJP should let NiKu stew in his own juice. BJP is well advised to look elsewhere to make up for the numbers in 2019.

And if they can't muster numbers on their own, there's nothing wrong in honorably taking the mantle of opposition than to truck with this opportunistic thug. He will only be biding his time to pull Modi/BJP down and to replace him at the NDA helm.

NiKu definitely wants in. But why should BJP entertain him? Wasn't he the same guy who wouldn't even share the stage with Modi? Now that NiKu is breaking bread with convicts and goondas of RJD just to stop Modi's BJP, why should they even entertain such a preposterous idea?

Fact is the DNA of JDU and BJP don't match at all. Bihar is long gone and BJP should let NiKu stew in his own juice. BJP is well advised to look elsewhere to make up for the numbers in 2019.

And if they can't muster numbers on their own, there's nothing wrong in honorably taking the mantle of opposition than to truck with this opportunistic thug. He will only be biding his time to pull Modi/BJP down and to replace him at the NDA helm.
I tend to disagree. Yes he joined with Lalu. But the point is he is a development oriented person just like Chandra Babu Naidu. India needs good CM and Ministers. He has some flaws and they can be ironed out

If the choice is between alighning with NiKu or handing the country to Mayawati/Mulayam/Kejriwal I will anyday choose NiKu

And you think BJP is a different political party? lol the national president of BJP is a well known gunda.

Same way like it took us 8 yrs when UPA skeletons started tumbling.
We have UPA as choice in next 8 years.
Good Luck.

Wrong. UPA was punished for their last 3 years, their first 7 years were very good. Modi would do well to even match those years. Modi's 3 years have been hardly different from UPA's last 3 years. When Arun Shourie said in 2015 that Modi govt was Congress+cow, I on this very forum said that it was too early to judge them. But after almost 3 years into Modi govt I think Modi govt is worse than congress+cow.

Yes, But 2 terms for most of the neta's is too much.
We do not have any other alternative as of now.

Who can take his place? Please highlight one credible party or leader? We Indians do not have much choice and we cannot go back to muma and pappu gang. They will end up selling us before expiry date.

I agree that we don't seem to have a clear alternative now and that is Modi's biggest achievement so far.

Last edited:
I tend to disagree. Yes he joined with Lalu. But the point is he is a development oriented person just like Chandra Babu Naidu. India needs good CM and Ministers. He has some flaws and they can be ironed out

If the choice is between alighning with NiKu or handing the country to Mayawati/Mulayam/Kejriwal I will anyday choose NiKu

I respect your views, but NiKu himself made clear on which side he stands on when he chose to side with Lalu, his sworn political enemy, purely for his own political ambitions. NiKu knew very well that it will bring goonda raj back in Bihar and undo his own good governance if Lalu was allowed back into power. But he went ahead anyway.

And even if NiKu was pro-development, he has much bigger ambitions and won't ever agree to be a second fiddle to Modi. He will only cause rift within NDA and perhaps hold the government to ransom.

And you think BJP is a different political party? lol the national president of BJP is a well known gunda.

Mate, I can't say if you are serious comparing a convicted chara-chor like Lalu and his coterie that includes convicted serial murderers and mafia bosses with either Amit Shah or Modi. I know you have serious problems with Modi/BJP and I have some of my own too, but you are only damaging your credibility by comparing them both.

And the argument doesn't change much even if you bring in the so-called 'fake' encounters of Gujarat.

Mate, I can't say if you are serious comparing a convicted chara-chor like Lalu and his coterie that includes convicted serial murderers and mafia bosses with either Amit Shah or Modi. I know you have serious problems with Modi/BJP and I have some of my own too, but you are only damaging your credibility by comparing them both.

And the argument doesn't change much even if you bring in the so-called 'fake' encounters of Gujarat.

Sir, you can believe whatever you like to feel good about supporting BJP. In reality, BJP is no different from any other political party, so the self-righteousness is misplaced. I come from Assam, in Assam BJP won the assembly elections on the back of Himanta Biswa Sharma, a grade A gunda. Just because he has not been convicted does not mean he is not a gunda. Savvy gundas don't get their hands dirty, they get things done through lower level gundas. I personally tend to ignore such things because "is hamam mein sab nange hain". In the end it's the govt policies and their implementation that have a long lasting effect, gundas come and go.

Last edited:
Mamata Banerjee trying to create a split in BJP by saying a national government headed by Advani, Rajnath or Jaitley is like asking Indian team to be led by Azhar instead of Kohli now

-TFI

After retirement perk for showing loyalty towards the bone!

Didi is gone crazy! It's not the central govt which needs a change of guard..but the one which is headed by her! She is creating anarchy in the state by unleashing violence against those who are opposed to her way of functioning!

Mamata Banerjee trying to create a split in BJP by saying a national government headed by Advani, Rajnath or Jaitley is like asking Indian team to be led by Azhar instead of Kohli now

-TFI
Wonder why she left Sushma Swaraj out of the list? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom