What's new

Indian Navy Ship sunk by Pak submarine, first time after world war in war history

Now let me correct your second part.
PNS Ghazi was not hit by INS Destroyer mines, it was hit by its own charges which it deployed near the harbour ......
IN high command also do agree on that they were not aware of PNS Ghazi presence untill it was destroyed .......
How Ghazi was hit by its own mine is also not known. Since its wreck still rest in sea bed, though a few parts were recovered by IN as war trophy.......

India laid the trap, AC was not even present when SUB came. We know PNS Ghazi will come but when and what time might do not know.

So laid the perfect trap though which she cannot escape.

If it is hit by own chargers , then PNS Crew were very untrained one......

India laid the trap, AC was not even present when SUB came. We know PNS Ghazi will come but when and what time might do not know.

So laid the perfect trap though which she cannot escape.

If it is hit by own chargers , then PNS Crew were very untrained one......

What trap, stop talking nonsense just for the sake of it, the PNS Ghazi was laying mines and a mishap caused the incident.....under battle conditions, accidents can and do happen...and with submarines, it can happen anywhere....remember. !!!!

1376462533315_1376462533315_r.jpg

What trap, stop talking nonsense just for the sake of it, the PNS Ghazi was laying mines and a mishap caused the incident.....under battle conditions, accidents can and do happen...and with submarines, it can happen anywhere....remember. !!!!
Laying mine is procedure and always mine are left behind in trailing mode and not vise versa. Like laying mine by Army. and same steps are alos followed by navy also.

So your SUB laied mine and then goes back to mine field to cross it. ?

Laying mine is procedure and always mine are left behind in trailing mode and not vise versa. Like laying mine by Army. and same steps are alos followed by navy also.

sub works in the sea not land shallow water may change there position

Actually that's what Indian Army did during 2002 stand off, after laying mines, they reversed a truck full of soldiers into the minefield....when sub lays mines....remember, SUB....water.....under water...once released, mines float in the water and are not buried or fixed like the ground mines.

sub works in the sea not land shallow water may change there position
Position of the mines do not change , more over mines laid either in the from to back position and or though parallel .

Actually that's what Indian Army did during 2002 stand off, after laying mines, they reversed a truck full of soldiers into the minefield....when sub lays mines....remember, SUB....water.....under water...once released, mines float in the water and are not buried or fixed like the ground mines.
Well what the Indian army doing is in hot desert Sun, where some mine become unstable under hot sun.... which make them to explode.

and tank mine is not explode due to truck weight.

Position of the mines do not change , more over mines laid either in the from to back position and or though parallel .

Well what the Indian army doing is in hot desert Sun, where some mine become unstable under hot sun.... which make them to explode.

means mines have guided propellers which could swim at that time :woot::woot:

PNS Ghazi (previously USS Diablo (SS-479); reporting name: Ghazi) was a Tench-class diesel-electric submarine[2] and the first ever attack submarine of Pakistan Navy (PN), leased from the United States in 1963. She saw action in the 1965 and 1971 wars between India and Pakistan. The submarine could be armed with up to 28 torpedoes and, in later years, was re-fitted in Turkey for mine-laying capability. Starting from being the only submarine in the war theater in 1965, it remained the Pakistan Navy's flagship submarine until she sank near the eastern coast of India during the 1971 Indo-Pakistani War en route to the Bay of Bengal under mysterious circumstances.[11] The Indian Navy credits Ghazi's sinking to the destroyer INS Rajput (D141).[12][13][3][4][5] However, Pakistan's official sources state that "the submarine sank due to either an internal explosion or accidental detonation of mines being laid by the submarine off the Vishakapatnam harbour" with neutral sources confirming Rajput still in its port when the submarine sank.[6][14][15][16]

In these days Pak Navy want/plans to sink Indian Ship called Vikramaditya, It might take two and half hour for that ship to sink as its very big its huge. However Indian r spending billions of ruppes to protect it.
Pak Navy already plans every thing on How to make possible to sink INS Vikramaditya. Though its hard Target!
The destruction of Vikramaditya will be a great loss for Indian Navy!
During the war ...INS Vikrant did not even leave the dockyard for fear of being hit by Pak Navy ....Carrier is like an Achilles heel ...

Yeah my grandfather told me that those Pakistani POWs wonder why they are getting daily dose of beating.
not really, the POWs didnt get beat up except one or two which were shot

During the war ...INS Vikrant did not even leave the dockyard for fear of being hit by Pak Navy ....Carrier is like an Achilles heel ...

In 1971 war , INS Vikrant was the reason for for PNS Ghazi's demise, obliteration of Cox's Bazar and Chitagong Harbours and complete blockade of East Pakistan.

INS Vikrant was the sole reason, Pakistani forces in the East could not receive any aid and could not evacuate, and India ending up with 93000 Pakistani POWs.

Carriers are not Achilles heal , they are the golden eagles which helped USA win world war 2 and continue to dominate the present world order.

well i dont get this topic why are so many members discussing about what had happenned in 1971 bottom line is IN was able to blockade pakistan and bangladesh coastlines which was the main reason why pakistani civil servents and pakistani armed forces surrenderred in thousands :coffee:

the indian navy wiped the floor with the pak navy in 1971 this is coming from some one who is absolutely neutral. Karachi was blockaded and many ships were sunk and crippled, the pak navy had no answer to the fast missle attack boats the Indian navy were using, the sinking of the above frigate of the indian navy wasn't the intended target what happened was that pak navy was trying to target a different ship, the torpedo failed to explode on the intended target and this frigate was alerted and tried to intercept the sub but got blown to hell, in short it was a bit of a mericle kill. It saddens me people talk about this as some sort of victory, there was a pak sub that managed to reach mumbai i think and they planned on sinking the indian aircraft carrier, they laid mines under water but ended up hitting there own mine and got destroyed. had that aircraft carrier been wiped out then we'd have something to brag about.
What's your nationality? Are you Indian?

Back
Top Bottom