What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

How to post photos? I took some photos of air display using phone :frown:

Click to the 4 icon right to the smileys (insert image), if the pics aren't in the right format, you can upload them first to directupload.net for example and change them to JPGs.

And it never would have been if PLA would have keep out of K@shmir in first place. If you remember Indian decision came only after Chinese engineers and soilders spotted in disputed area under Pakistan's occupation
And for god sake lets not spoil this thread. It was just a news. And post in correct section as well as as a separate thread. So let's take our discussion there

The arrogant chinese think that they're immune to all rules of international respect for sovereignty.

We shouldn't hear another peep out of them about IN in SCS before PLA withdraws from P0K.

Third P-8I 'Neptune' [IN 322] Carries Out Maiden Flight

Indian Navy's third Boeing-built long-range maritime surveillance aircraft, with offensive capabilities, flew for the first time from the Paine Airfield U.S.

P-8I-IN-322-Neptune-Maritime-Aircraf%25255B1%25255D.jpg

P-8I-IN-322-Neptune-Maritime-Aircraf%25255B6%25255D.jpg

P-8I-IN-322-Neptune-Maritime-Aircraf%25255B8%25255D.jpg

The earlier 2 P-8I made their maiden flights on July 7 & 12, this year. Boeing has a confirmed order of 12 Neptune [8+4] that it would have to build for the Indian Navy, with the first expected to be handed over to the end-user in 2013. They are to initially operate from Naval base INS Rajali, with tenders being sought recently for the construction of its hangars. Reports tend to suggest that, eventually, the Indian Navy would like to see itself operating around 24-30 LRMR aircrafts. While one could complain endlessly about sanctions, restrictions & intrusive post-sales inspections the Americans are capable of and also have imposed upon buyers, India included, what they absolutely can not be faulted for is their project management - this delivery schedule, if adhered to, would be within expected time-frame. The 6 C-130J transport aircraft, on the other hand, Lockheed Martin delivered ahead of schedule, with no cost over-run. A follow-on order of 6 more 'Super Hercules' has been placed.

In addition to the 12 P-8I 'Neptune', the Navy is also seeking to initially induct 9 aircraft it has termed 'Medium Range Maritime Reconnaissance [MRMR]' aircraft. They are to replace its Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander aircrafts. As is the practise in nearly all high-value military acquisitions, it may choose place a follow-on order for the same. Unlike in case of the Neptune, where it bought the aircraft simply by approaching Boeing, via the U.S. Government, for the MRMR, it is conducting a comparative study among the short-listed candidates to which it had issued a Request For Information [RFI] - Dassault [Falcon 900 MPA], ATR [ATR 72MP], Saab [Saab 2000 MPA], Bombardier [Q400], Embraer [EMB 145 MP], EDS [CASA C-295MPA 'Persuader'], Airbus [A-319 MPA] & Boeing again, with a possible P-8-variant. A Request For Proposal [RFP] is expected to be solicited from them soon. The contract is estimated to be worth $1 billion USD.

Third P-8I 'Neptune' [IN 322] Carries Out Maiden Flight [Photographs] - AA Me, IN

Last edited by a moderator:
Good pace. 3 P-8Is flew in a span of just a few months.

Helicopter Pilots Passing Out Parade At INS Rajali Arakkonam

8253565907_e01326e1a7.jpg

An impressive passing out parade was held today to mark the graduation of the 79th Helicopter conversion course at Naval Air station, INS Rajali Arakkonam wherein Seven Navy and three Coast Guard pilots were awarded wings by Vice Admiral Anil Chopra, Flag officer Commanding in Chief, Eastern Naval Command. The pilots underwent rigorous training for 21 weeks in flying and aviation subjects at the Helicopter Training School INAS 561 (HTS). The school has graduated 568 pilots for the Indian Navy and Coast Guard till date and is commanded by Commander Ashish Bhargava. Very recently the unit was also awarded ISO 9001-2008 certification. The base is commanded by Commodore Puneet Kumar Bahl.

Speaking on the occasion Vice Admiral Anil Chopra Reviewing Officer of the prestigious passing out parade has said that with new acquisitions that are underway, the Indian Navy is building a modern and potent air arm to add to the punch at sea. Besides the long range maritime reconnaissance aircraft like the TU and forthcoming P8-I they extend our reach and fighter aircraft like the MIG 29K that provide integral air defence and maritime strike capability, it is the ships integral helicopter which act as force multipliers for the fleet by augmenting the Anti Submarine Warfare, Anti Ship warfare, Electronic Warfare and surveillance capabilities.

The Governor of Kerala Rolling Trophy for the best all round trainee pilot was awarded to Lieutenant Mithun Rajith. The Flag officer Commanding in Chief Eastern Naval Command Rolling Trophy for the trainee pilot standing first in order of merit in flying was awarded to Assistant Commandant Nikhil Hebbale. A book prize for standing first in ground subjects was awarded to Lieutenant Mithun Rajith.

The graduated pilots would be joining operational flights at Mumbai, Port Blair Goa, Kochi, Vizag and Daman.

Chindits: Helicopter Pilots Passing Out Parade At INS Rajali Arakkonam

Please help
for posting images .... First we have to upload to some sites like flikr , picase etc ?

Please help
for posting images .... First we have to upload to some sites like flikr , picase etc ?

Use photobucket.com... Sign up and get an account... Then upload.. On the right you will see the link for the uploaded image when you select any one from the uploaded pics... That link should be quoted with IMG tag...

Hint, the URL will end with .jpg

Back
Top Bottom