What's new

Indian navy MARCOS:Brief analysis

@Srinivas
nicethread buddy..some more pics and vids would be appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
@Avisheik SWADS are para trooper too
@Dillinger check out this link http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/168818-bangladesh-navy-30.html

and @DESERT FIGHTER abey name change karney may kuch nehi hota, tere ko pehchan lia Pakistani Nationalist,

So you are saying all sources about SWADS info are false, i see ego is hurting you so much.

Abay bangladesh hai kaha jou ego kou hurt karay ga... pehlay ais kabil tou ho gao... as for ur info is bs just like ur bluffs about 14-16 milgems,4th gen mbt project with turkiye,thousands of btr 80s and god knows what... and ur source is from blogs and wikipedia....:rofl:

MARCOS also operated behind enemy lines during Kargil war details of which are classified.

How can that be a secret when even a civilian like u is boasting about it on a Pakistani forum...:lol:

Abay bangladesh hai kaha jou ego kou hurt karay ga... pehlay ais kabil tou ho gao... as for ur info is bs just like ur bluffs about 14-16 milgems,4th gen mbt project with turkiye,thousands of btr 80s and god knows what... and ur source is from blogs and wikipedia....:rofl:

How can that be a secret when even a civilian like u is boasting about it on a Pakistani forum...:lol:

so it is what you all have, all at a sudden you are saying i only refer to wiki and blog ? i think you have very short term memory, pitty you.

so it is what you all have, all at a sudden you are saying i only refer to wiki and blog ? i think you have very short term memory, pitty you.

Do give us links to 14-16 milgems,joint 4th gen mbt project with turkiye,1100+ BTR-80s,etc etc... no wikipedia or blogs..

Some more pics

14_11_08-decoding_commando.jpg

P1040504-708447.JPG

P1040516-711046.JPG

P1040518-717913.JPG

P1040509-740491.JPG

P1040539-733999.JPG

Worst balaclava ever... no eye protection in salt water.... non water proof
gear... these guys are luckely just training :D

:)

May be they are practicing with a different purpose, We do not see us seal wearing glasses. They are using AK 47's which do not need water protection.

Whats there to boast in it?

They did operate behind enemy lines during Kargil war and this is well known, if you did not know this then its not my fault.

MARCOS ops details remain classified.

i think he is a part of SPB and not MARCOS

article-2177847-142FA4EF000005DC-201_964x1651.jpg
Sorry, you're off the mark!

article-2177847-142F7556000005DC-629_470x725.jpg
article-2177847-142F756F000005DC-121_470x725.jpg

Earlier, the marine commandos (Above pic in black) were equipped with AK- 47 rifles and MP-5 sub-machine guns. Members of ‘Marco stick’ (second picture MARCOS in new digital cam) are eight-member quick reaction teams of the commando force.

The Indian Navy's elite marine commandos, Marcos, have undergone a makeover. The new look of the marine commandos was part of a project finalised some years ago, to upgrade the combat clothing of the special forces in order to bring them on a par with international standards.

As part of the makeover, the Marcos have also absorbed new weapons, including the Tavor-21 assault rifle and Galil sniper rifle procured from Israel a couple of years ago. The new get-up, seemingly inspired by that of the US Marines, was tried for a year before it was formally approved.

The navy had initiated the procurement of the advanced integrated combat system, including equipment such as light-weight helmets, vests and weapons, to strengthen the capabilities of the commandos.

The improved individual equipment is backed by an effective command and control structure assisted by high-speed communication.

Sorry, you're off the mark!

article-2177847-142F7556000005DC-629_470x725.jpg
article-2177847-142F756F000005DC-121_470x725.jpg

Earlier, the marine commandos (Above pic in black) were equipped with AK- 47 rifles and MP-5 sub-machine guns. Members of ‘Marco stick’ (second picture MARCOS in new digital cam) are eight-member quick reaction teams of the commando force.

The Indian Navy's elite marine commandos, Marcos, have undergone a makeover. The new look of the marine commandos was part of a project finalised some years ago, to upgrade the combat clothing of the special forces in order to bring them on a par with international standards.

As part of the makeover, the Marcos have also absorbed new weapons, including the Tavor-21 assault rifle and Galil sniper rifle procured from Israel a couple of years ago. The new get-up, seemingly inspired by that of the US Marines, was tried for a year before it was formally approved.

The navy had initiated the procurement of the advanced integrated combat system, including equipment such as light-weight helmets, vests and weapons, to strengthen the capabilities of the commandos.

The improved individual equipment is backed by an effective command and control structure assisted by high-speed communication.

SPB also adopted digi cam and Tavors (which are used by many non military units as well). @Abingdonboy may help to explain further.

Back
Top Bottom