What's new

Indian Missiles - News, Developments, Tests, and Discussions

Next Generation Seeker Based Akash.
Well some things which should be included too.
1. The seeker and software upgrade should be compatible with the first generation Akash missile too.

2. The weight. Something needs to be done and a scope of improvemt is there.

3. Compact. The Missiles should get compact and canisterised.

Z2jxQ3z.gif

Clean separation

Now guess its real range :) ....... also consider that its capable to carry Nukes. :D
forget nukes even if it carries a thermobaric inside a bunker penetrating type warhead with that kind of kinetic energy its gonna ripp open any enemy deep bunker or a big surface ship or a well protected ammo depot like a tin can

Looks like ASTRA has been inducted. Brahmos is on verge. Good days for MKI.

Next Generation Seeker Based Akash.
Well some things which should be included too.
1. The seeker and software upgrade should be compatible with the first generation Akash missile too.

2. The weight. Something needs to be done and a scope of improvemt is there.

3. Compact. The Missiles should get compact and canisterised.
Wait for QRSAM, It will make Akash mk2 obsolete.

Neither is really that close to induction. Atleast 2 more years.

Sure, especially with the Super-MKI upgrade lining up.
Astra is displayed with su-30 during IAF parade, they don't usually do that without induction.

CuPZF1WWEAEiMNr.jpg:large

Last edited:
Any update on Astra ?

And a test of Agni 5 is long due, any update on it ?

I don't have anything on the Agni-5 but last I heard from Saurav Jha was that the indigenous seeker for Astra was nearing completion. I guess you can expect us to test-fire Astra with Indian seeker sometime next year.

Wait for QRSAM, It will make Akash mk2 obsolete.

Astra is displayed with su-30 during IAF parade, they don't usually do that without induction.

CuPZF1WWEAEiMNr.jpg:large

Not necessarily. It's only for representative/showcase purposes. If you look closely, it also is shown carrying the Brahmos on the belly hard point. That doesn't mean Brahmos ALCM is inducted.

In fact the ALCM hasn't even been test fired yet. Only captive trials and free-fall drop tests have been conducted so far.

Not necessarily. It's only for representative/showcase purposes. If you look closely, it also is shown carrying the Brahmos on the belly hard point. That doesn't mean Brahmos ALCM is inducted.

In fact the ALCM hasn't even been test fired yet. Only captive trials and free-fall drop tests have been conducted so far.
Ok, i missed that. To be fair, Brahmos-A is suppose to be operational with single test firing which is 3 months away.

Don't Troll

If a Cruise missile (subsonic) is tracked, its easy to chase and kill it.. If you see this video, u will believe in me..

Don't Troll

If a Cruise missile (subsonic) is tracked, its easy to chase and kill it.. If you see this video, u will believe in me..

Sure they can be tracked and killed. But the key is in cost and numbers. You can have your aircraft in all the places all the time.
Moreover the first targets going out would be the tracking centers which makes it much harder to track the later waves.

Sure they can be tracked and killed. But the key is in cost and numbers. You can have your aircraft in all the places all the time.
Moreover the first targets going out would be the tracking centers which makes it much harder to track the later waves.

That's why land based Radars and AWACs are.. Hope they can track missile launch..

Back
Top Bottom