What's new

Indian military salary vs Pakistan military Salary?

If you had spared yourself from smoking shyt while you were reading through this thread, you sure could have received all the (correct) answers to your stupid questions, but then whom am i explaining this to?

Advice: Take a break from smoking shyt and re-read the thread with all of your nine holes wide open!

Massive failure in comprehension. Read the first two lines again(you will understand he is referring to other's questions).

Parts of it have been a revelation to me. Others have been shocking in terms of misinformation. Example :

Officers of the IA get six eggs for breakfast !
You didn't know? There's a category called 'eggtarians' where eggs are given in lieu of meat. So one gets his usual 2 eggs for breakfast plus 4 eggs in lieu of meat. That my friend, totals up to 6 eggs a day! You can have them all during breakfast or as snacks with a glass of beer before lunch. And most prefer them during breakfast. A six egg omelet is a favorite especially after a good workout in the morning.

Now do you get it? So what's the so called 'misinformation' that you're talking about? There's nothing 'shocking' here. When you don't know something just ask to clarify. Don't just shoot from the hip.

money counts for nothing when you get so much respect its a waste of time to discuss the eatables and ration that is being provided to the officers, in general i don't thing the life style of army officers has a comparison anywhere. and army take's good care of its officers during and after service period .don't know about rest of you but i wont ask for something like money when it comes to the service of nation its a matter of personal satisfaction.
good day

Massive failure in comprehension. Read the first two lines again(you will understand he is referring to other's questions).
Hey smart alec, listen carefully, he was just trying to 'sugarcoat' is flame by his 'honest' premise that he had put up before the actual yapping.

i have seen their (and your) kinds earlier on this forum, so please dont teach me.

Because if this thread had actually served him as a 'revealer', he wouldnt have concluded that officers of PA are given land at throw away prices (because this have been amply explained on this thread-that they dont get any such privilege).

Or may be he wouldnt have generalized to the extent of concluding that "Stuff from the canteen (CSD) is for free", whereas this doesnt hold guud for Pakistan, even in the IA this privileged is (as far as i can make out) for the troops only.

So stop being an apologist!

You didn't know? There's a category called 'eggtarians' where eggs are given in lieu of meat. So one gets his usual 2 eggs for breakfast plus 4 eggs in lieu of meat. That my friend, totals up to 6 eggs a day! You can have them all during breakfast or as snacks with a glass of beer before lunch. And most prefer them during breakfast. A six egg omelet is a favorite especially after a good workout in the morning.

Ours dont get eggs in the breakfast, i mean they are not issued to individuals, no 2,3 or 6 eggs to each soldier. It's just that a bulk issue of eggs is given basing on the daily ration strength of any unit - that can make 1-2 eggs to one soldier, but then the 'egg breakfast' is not available daily, in our case only one day per week the soldiers can have andas, the remaining days it is either Aalo ki Bhujia, the remainder of yester-dinner or Dhall.

Gen Kiyani has increased the ration scales of soldiers, so now the soldiers can have a better breakfast as their Mess (Langar) can spare some meat (a VERY few chickens for a strength of hundreds) that can be used to give taste to the Dhal or Aalo Bhijiya that is made for breakfast, i mean something like the Knor's Chicken Cubes thingy.

Still, the breakfast contains enough proteins to make up for the physical hardships that the soldier would have to go through during the day.

As for the issue of eggs in lieu of meat, yes it is also practiced in case of PA, but again not for breakfast or individual-issue to soldiers, but let's say it was a meat day of the week and chicken/mutton was supposed to be cooked in the dinner but because of any reason the meat cannot be issued/is not available (shortage/road blocked/bird flu things etc), so in order to make up for the proteins as per the Diet Program, eggs may be issued for that particular day, meaning thereby that soldiers would have to eat Anda Khakina (that thing when you cook eggs like a curry by adding onions and stuff - a larger omelette) instead of chicken/mutton curry - so infact it's not a guud bargain/alternative.

Now do you get it? So what's the so called 'misinformation' that you're talking about? There's nothing 'shocking' here. When you don't know something just ask to clarify. Don't just shoot from the hip.
Though the (lavish) stuff as you guys have mentioned that the IA soldiers are given, is not available to the soldiers of PA, but these guys need to understand that even if the soldier is given guud food, it is not to be taken as a luxury, because it's more of a necessity, soldiers (Pakistani or Indian) has to endure more physical activity during the better part of their day - how many civilians would dig trenches, paint walls, construct sheds, lift heavy equipment, run 3-4 miles, clean complete tanks and guns, push artillery guns (weighting in hundred of tons) over kilometers etc as a daily routine?

P.S. Roundoos are requested not to compare a daily-wager-labor (who also has to do much physical activity to earn his food) with soldiers. Or else, eating food would also become/termed as a 'perk' for soldiers!

P.S. Roundoos are requested not to compare a daily-wager-labor (who also has to do much physical activity to earn his food) with soldiers. Or else, eating food would also become/termed as a 'perk' for soldiers!

I can see where that came from!:sick:

And on another note, the langar food is really tasty, the Daal especially.

Tum tu dil pe he laygye, jigar :P

The comment was not member-specific.

Or may be he wouldnt have generalized to the extent of concluding that "Stuff from the canteen (CSD) is for free", whereas this doesnt hold guud for Pakistan, even in the IA this privileged is (as far as i can make out) for the troops only.

csd is for every serving personnel from a soldier to officer certainly with some limitations like a soldier has a different limit of the grocery and liquor that he can avail per year and an officer has different contrary to what you assume an officer gets more benefit than a soldier its all based on ranks.

Ours dont get eggs in the breakfast, i mean they are not issued to individuals, no 2,3 or 6 eggs to each soldier. It's just that a bulk issue of eggs is given basing on the daily ration strength of any unit - that can make 1-2 eggs to one soldier, but then the 'egg breakfast' is not available daily, in our case only one day per week the soldiers can have andas, the remaining days it is either Aalo ki Bhujia, the remainder of yester-dinner or Dhall.

Gen Kiyani has increased the ration scales of soldiers, so now the soldiers can have a better breakfast as their Mess (Langar) can spare some meat (a VERY few chickens for a strength of hundreds) that can be used to give taste to the Dhal or Aalo Bhijiya that is made for breakfast, i mean something like the Knor's Chicken Cubes thingy.

Still, the breakfast contains enough proteins to make up for the physical hardships that the soldier would have to go through during the day.

As for the issue of eggs in lieu of meat, yes it is also practiced in case of PA, but again not for breakfast or individual-issue to soldiers, but let's say it was a meat day of the week and chicken/mutton was supposed to be cooked in the dinner but because of any reason the meat cannot be issued/is not available (shortage/road blocked/bird flu things etc), so in order to make up for the proteins as per the Diet Program, eggs may be issued for that particular day, meaning thereby that soldiers would have to eat Anda Khakina (that thing when you cook eggs like a curry by adding onions and stuff - a larger omelette) instead of chicken/mutton curry - so infact it's not a guud bargain/alternative.

Though the (lavish) stuff as you guys have mentioned that the IA soldiers are given, is not available to the soldiers of PA, but these guys need to understand that even if the soldier is given guud food, it is not to be taken as a luxury, because it's more of a necessity, soldiers (Pakistani or Indian) has to endure more physical activity during the better part of their day - how many civilians would dig trenches, paint walls, construct sheds, lift heavy equipment, run 3-4 miles, clean complete tanks and guns, push artillery guns (weighting in hundred of tons) over kilometers etc as a daily routine?

well on this side of the border we have almost the same system langar and all that every battery (company) has its own langar so generally there are 3 to 4 lanagar halls in a regiment. to keep the morale of the soldiers high an officer ( quarter master or the battery(company) commander) taste's food from the langar atleast once in a week.

Not really in Pakistan I heard if you are an officer on retirement you are given a plot of land in prime location at dirt cheap price. You have the option of selling it at market rate netting you a high profit. Also after retirement you will guaranteed jobs in Army run enterprises.

Dude you are seriously misinformed... if every officer is given a plot like this, then we might run out of land soon. :lol:

Plus, Federal Govt has its own housing society which gives plots/ flats to federal govt employees, Supreme Court of pakistan has also a housing society, Federal Cabinet Division has its own housing society, and soon. Its not just armed forces.
PA is no more the better paid one, especially with the non-stop high inflation since last few years which has reduced the purchasing power of ordinary pakistanis.

Few senior members of this forum might know that I always read that in rupees term, defence budget of India was always around 3 times to that of Pakistan during last over 40 years, means if defence budget of India was 1.64tn Indian rupees for India last year then it was around 500bn Pakistan rupees for Pakistan last year, with concerning Arm ratio of 3:1 and active military personnel ratio of around 2.2:1 between India and Pakistan. And till 1991, Indian and Pakistani rupees was almost 1:1 in exchange rates terms.

But Pakistan suffered higher inflation than India during last 20 years, making 1 Indian rupees = 1.8 Pakistani rupees right now, which has made a difference. But yes military personnel of both the countries also get other government benefits like funding for house, free medical for their families etc so its all good :tup:

Few senior members of this forum might know that I always read that in rupees term, defence budget of India was always around 3 times to that of Pakistan during last over 40 years, means if defence budget of India was 1.64tn Indian rupees for India last year then it was around 500bn Pakistan rupees for Pakistan last year, with concerning Arm ratio of 3:1 and active military personnel ratio of around 2.2:1 between India and Pakistan. And till 1991, Indian and Pakistani rupees was almost 1:1 in exchange rates terms.

But Pakistan suffered higher inflation than India during last 20 years, making 1 Indian rupees = 1.8 Pakistani rupees right now, which has made a difference. But yes military personnel of both the countries also get other government benefits like funding for house, free medical for their families etc so its all good :tup:

Funding for houses is not free, it is paid by the officers throughout their service from their salaries and when they retire, whatever left amount is to be deposited before the house is handed over to the officer, they don't come free. And as for free medical, lot of organizations in Pakistan, including govt ones provide free medical facilities to its employees, so such perks and privileges are not confined to the military only.

Indian Armed Forces personnel will see an increase of 75%-100% in their salaries in around 2 years.
This time they have a separate pay commision.

Back
Top Bottom