Indian hospitality floors Pak students

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aka123

Reaction score
Country
India
DE17_INDIA_PAKISTA_1587168f.jpg

School students from Pakistan (in blue) during a visit to Tagore International School in the Capital on Monday.

A week-long stay in Delhi and Agra for these Pakistani students has been like a home away from home. They discovered that the two nations share the same culture, language and cuisine.

For the 36-member Pakistani delegation that crossed over from the Wagah border on September 10, the parting gift was the birthday celebration of Citizens Archive of Pakistan’s Muhammad Owais Rana.

It was an emotional moment as Tagore International School principal Madhulika Sen -- who on realising that September 16 was Mr. Rana’s birthday and the 16-month-long project “Students Exchange for Change-II” was finally culminating -- presented a cake to CAP’s project manager.

As Mr. Rana was cutting the pineapple cake at the school premises in Vasant Vihar here on Monday, he was loudly cheered by students from both countries. The project was organised by Routes 2 Roots and CAP to foster friendship between students of the two countries.

“Since 96 per cent of our citizens are adherents of Islam, our children do not get to interact with children of other faiths. So such dialogues help in social progression and broadens their outlook. Students understand the viewpoint of the other side,” said Mr. Rana.

While admitting that people of both countries suffered during the Partition, CAP’s Swaleha said the distrust would melt away if more of such exchanges were planned. “These children have showed us how to move ahead instead of dwelling on the past. What I liked here is that Indians are a tolerant lot.”

Visiting the Akshardham Temple was a memorable experience for The Trust School principal Asim Ishraq. “One thing which will remain etched in our minds is that the people here welcome everyone into their places of worship. I visited Hindu, Jain and Sikh temples and nobody asked me about my faith. This tolerance among Indians would be emphasised by me when I return home.”

Before embarking on this visit, he was advised by cautious well wishers to cancel it because of the recent flare-up. “Secondly, since we are accustomed to eating non-vegetarian food, we were apprehensive whether we would get the same quality of food.” But a visit to a famous restaurant at the Walled City made him change his opinion and when he disclosed his identity with sellers they presented him gifts.

Ardavan Solan, belonging to the Parsi community in Karachi, said he would like to visit the Parsi temple in the city but was hard pressed for time.

“I was ordained as a priest. My parents supported me in visiting India. We have been bowled over by the hospitality extended to us.”

Keywords: India-Pakistan student exchange, Citizens Archive of Pakistan, Muhammad Owais Rana, Students Exchange for Change

Indian hospitality floors Pak students - The Hindu

The students from both sides should visit the respective countries more and more. The students from Pakistan should be given opportunity to visit schools in all the major cities of India. The more they understand the diversity and vastness of geography of India and Pakistan,more benefit to the future of the sub continent :)

The students from both sides should visit the respective countries more and more. The students from Pakistan should be given opportunity to visit schools in all the major cities of India. The more they understand the diversity and vastness of geography of India and Pakistan,more benefit to the future of the sub continent :)

True!! :)

Pak-India students exchange programme ends

LAHORE

The Citizens Archive of Pakistan (CAP), in collaboration with Routes2Roots (R2R), an Indian non-profit organisation working for peace and dialogue between Pakistan and India, has successfully completed an exchange between Pakistani and Indian students as a culmination of the fourteen month project, ‘Exchange for Change’.

According to a press release issued here on Monday, to mark the successful completion of the project, a thirty-three member Indian delegation came to Pakistan on the 2nd of September of this year to visit Lahore, Islamabad and Rawalpindi. While a similar thirty-six member Pakistani delegation traveled to India to visit Delhi and Agra on the 10th of September, crossing over the Wagah - Attari border by foot.

Exchange for Change was first launched in September 2010 between 2400 school children from 10 schools in Karachi, Lahore, Delhi and Mumbai. After its success, the project was expanded in 2012 to 3500 school children from 17 schools in Karachi, Lahore, Rawalpindi, Delhi, Chandigarh and Mumbai. During the fourteen-month life of the project, a sustained exchange of written, visual and oral histories linked school children aged 10-14 years across the six cities
. The selected schools from across six major cities ensured a holistic dialogue between students belonging to diverse socio-economic backgrounds.

Pak-India students exchange programme ends - thenews.com.pk

Pak students’ trip ends on a bright note

NEW DELHI: In a display of peace and brotherhood, Pakistani students were able to meet their Indian peers during a ceremony at the Tagore International School in Vasant Vihar on Monday. The event, Exchange for Change, was the culmination of a seven-day trip by the young Pakistani delegation and was aimed at fostering friendship and better cultural understanding among the countries' youth. The programme has been organized by The Citizens Archive of Pakistan (CAP), a Karachi-based NGO, and Delhi-based NGO Routes 2 Roots.

Exchange for Change, which was launched in September 2010, got off to a flying start. It now connects more than 3,500 students from 17 different schools in cities like Delhi, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Karachi, Lahore and Rawalpindi.

"What makes this meeting so special is that for over a year, the kids have been exchanging letters, photographs, artwork, and even video recordings," explained Swaleha Alam Shahzada, the executive director of CAP.

Some of the kids had met earlier this month when a group of Indian students began the exchange with a visit to Pakistan. "The trip was a great success. It makes you realize that the conflict is between the governments, not people," said R2R director Rakesh Gupta.

"I used to think Pakistan was so different but a visit told me how similar the two countries were. I felt at home," said Tanya Bhardwaj, 16, who attends the Tagore International School.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-09-17/delhi/42148104_1_pak-students-indian-students-pakistani-students

Visiting the Akshardham Temple was a memorable experience for The Trust School principal Asim Ishraq. “One thing which will remain etched in our minds is that the people here welcome everyone into their places of worship. I visited Hindu, Jain and Sikh temples and nobody asked me about my faith. This tolerance among Indians would be emphasised by me when I return home.”

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/centra...tality-floors-pak-students.html#ixzz2fJJj4ZG9

This is bs, last time I visited a temple, they checked my passport which had my religion mentioned there.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/central-south-asia/278654-indian-hospitality-floors-pak-students.html#ixzz2fJJj4ZG9

This is bs, last time I visited a temple, they checked my passport which had my religion mentioned there.

Aeronaut will get very upset at this.

I know what you did there. :D

I never knew you need a passport to go to a temple.

Aeronaut will get very upset at this.

Its just a lip service exercise, with some Pakistani kids having fun with some Indian kids. More than a few of my best friends are Indians [yes in real life, if you can believe that] - all of the good talk, people to people contacts are good. The problem is 'on the top' where people with vested interests simply don't want peace.

I visited too in 2010 .... They didn't check anything. I don't carry passport with me when I travel in India. In Puri Jagannath temple, only Hindus are allowed even there they don't check passport.

Special permission is taken for International students, so not a problem. No one will stop as they will have Indian delegation with them.

Its just a lip service exercise, with some Pakistani kids having fun with some Indian kids. More than a few of my best friends are Indians [yes in real life, if you can believe that] - all of the good talk, people to people contacts are good. The problem is 'on the top' where people with vested interests simply don't want peace.

Oh yea What do you want though? If you were in a controlling position what would you have done? Besides peace can not come from India alone. You guys are the shot callers regarding peace or all these border killings. Unless Pakistan steps it up there can not be peace how ever hard we might try

more and more students from both the countries should interact and have good experiences after all they are our future leaders.

DE17_INDIA_PAKISTA_1587168f.jpg

School students from Pakistan (in blue) during a visit to Tagore International School in the Capital on Monday.

A week-long stay in Delhi and Agra for these Pakistani students has been like a home away from home. They discovered that the two nations share the same culture, language and cuisine.

For the 36-member Pakistani delegation that crossed over from the Wagah border on September 10, the parting gift was the birthday celebration of Citizens Archive of Pakistan’s Muhammad Owais Rana.

It was an emotional moment as Tagore International School principal Madhulika Sen -- who on realising that September 16 was Mr. Rana’s birthday and the 16-month-long project “Students Exchange for Change-II” was finally culminating -- presented a cake to CAP’s project manager.

As Mr. Rana was cutting the pineapple cake at the school premises in Vasant Vihar here on Monday, he was loudly cheered by students from both countries. The project was organised by Routes 2 Roots and CAP to foster friendship between students of the two countries.

“Since 96 per cent of our citizens are adherents of Islam, our children do not get to interact with children of other faiths. So such dialogues help in social progression and broadens their outlook. Students understand the viewpoint of the other side,” said Mr. Rana.

While admitting that people of both countries suffered during the Partition, CAP’s Swaleha said the distrust would melt away if more of such exchanges were planned. “These children have showed us how to move ahead instead of dwelling on the past. What I liked here is that Indians are a tolerant lot.”

Before embarking on this visit, he was advised by cautious well wishers to cancel it because of the recent flare-up. “Secondly, since we are accustomed to eating non-vegetarian food, we were apprehensive whether we would get the same quality of food.” But a visit to a famous restaurant at the Walled City made him change his opinion and when he disclosed his identity with sellers they presented him gifts.

Ardavan Solan, belonging to the Parsi community in Karachi, said he would like to visit the Parsi temple in the city but was hard pressed for time.

“I was ordained as a priest. My parents supported me in visiting India. We have been bowled over by the hospitality extended to us.”

Keywords: India-Pakistan student exchange, Citizens Archive of Pakistan, Muhammad Owais Rana, Students Exchange for Change

Indian hospitality floors Pak students - The Hindu

I love the Picture. Can anybody differentiate between Indian and Pakistani students merely looking at their face? There is absolutely no difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom