What's new

Indian Field Marshal about Pakistan Army in East Pakistan

Xestan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Got this from ZH's official fb page.

A short clip, yet explains so much about Pakistan Army's performance in the eastern front. An appreciation from the enemy. Words of late Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw.

Those who can't access the video. Here are the important points he raised:

1. Pakistan Army fought very gallantly.
2. They had no chance at all, as they were a thousand miles away from their base.
3. Indian Army had almost 8-9 months for the preparations.
4. Indians had the superiority of almost 50 to 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not accessible. Upload Youtube video if you can.

Not accessible. Upload Youtube video if you can.

To people who cant view it:

Interviewer: Lets go back to the 1971 War, how much of that win for you was because of Pakistani Military incompetence? For example, I heard that they had no fall-back strategy...

Sam Maneckshaw: No, nothing like that at all. The Pakistani military fought bravely, but they had no chance. They were fighting thousands of kilometers away from home, I also had nine months to prepare my military strategy to attack. The fought galliantly/bravely, but they just had no chance of winning.

To people who cant view it:

Interviewer: Lets go back to the 1971 War, how much of that win for you was because of Pakistani Military incompetence? For example, I heard that they had no fall-back strategy...

Sam Maneckshaw: No, nothing like that at all. The Pakistani military fought bravely, but they had no chance. They were fighting thousands of kilometers away from home, I also had nine months to prepare my military strategy to attack. The fought galliantly/bravely, but they just had no chance of winning.
Thats real bravery......that deserve biggest gallantry award..not like indian navy which awarded its officers for fake bravery for the job they didnt do......ie sinking of ghazi.

Thats real bravery......that deserve biggest gallantry award..not like indian navy which awarded its officers for fake bravery for the job they didnt do......ie sinking of ghazi.

Lets not go off-topic. I don't want my thread to become a troll fest. PNS Ghazi incident is already being discussed in some other thread. Lets keep this for what it was opened for.

Lets not go off-topic. I don't want my thread to become a troll fest. PNS Ghazi incident is already being discussed in some other thread. Lets keep this for what it was opened for.
Jo baat sahi hai woh sahi hai....even FM Manekshaw agreed to the bravery of PA soldiers in East pakistan.And His junior at that time in eastern sector LT. Gen.JFR Jacob came down heavily on Indian navy for its fake bravery.

Btw my post is on topic if someone starts trollfest then i dont think that i 've to be blamed for it.

Even in later years Indian Army has informed about many Pakistan soldiers about their bravery to PA so that they can be properly honored. One got Nishan-e-Haider as Indian Army told about his gallantry.

Thanks for not using Indian flag...

Got this from ZH's official fb page.

A short clip, yet explains so much about Pakistan Army's performance in the eastern front. An appreciation from the enemy. Words of late Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw.

Those who can't access the video. Here are the important points he raised:

1. Pakistan Army fought very gallantly.
2. They had no chance at all, as they were a thousand miles away from their base.
3. Indian Army had almost 8-9 months for the preparations.
4. Indians had the superiority of almost 50 to 1.

4. Small correction, not that it matters much. He says 15 to 1, not 50 to 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
He just said it to stand his collar up, so that no one would ever say it was a cake walk for him.
If that was the case, then India would not have had 93'000 Pakistani POWs, a world record, not even second world war had so many POWs......he made it up, to justify his courage and might - fighting fit enemy and not the weaker one......

Back
Top Bottom