How is the plan?

• Good

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Average

Votes: 53 20.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 47 18.0%

• Total voters
India's quality of growth improving, says CRISIL.

The critical factor for growth will be how the monsoon plays out. Assuming a normal monsoon, Crisil estimates that growth could touch 7.9% in 2016-17.

CRISIL has pegged India’s economic growth at 7.9 per cent in 2016-17, assuming a normal monsoon. Unlike the “rubber-band” recovery that India witnessed after the global financial crisis of 2008, aided largely by fiscal and monetary stimulus, this time the quality of growth has improved, says CRISIL in a new report.

With the global economy struggling, India had embarked on a massive fiscal and monetary stimulus. As a result, growth perked up initially only to collapse when the stimulus was withdrawn.

CRISIL notes that the “policy focus hasn’t been based on populism or on boosting cyclical growth through fiscal and monetary stimuli, but rather on improving the ‘trend’ growth by repairing the system and initiating structural reforms wherever possible.”

While these policy initiatives are likely to improve the trend growth in the short term, the critical factor will be how the monsoon plays out. Assuming a normal monsoon, CRISIL estimates that growth could touch 7.9 per cent in 2016-17, just shy of the 8 per cent mark.

The National Democratic Alliance government, under Narendra Modi, has worked to ensure macro-economic stability. It has resisted calls for relaxing its fiscal deficit limit and has opted for improving the quality of its expenditure. It has ramped up spending on infrastructure, roads and railways in particular, increased taxes on petrol and kept the fiscal deficit in check. It has also formalised an interest rate targeting regime with the Reserve Bank of India to keep inflation under control.

Steps to improve macro-economic stability have been accompanied by reforms to improve growth. As CRISIL notes, “structurally positive steps have also been taken such as to mend the electricity and banking sectors, but these remain work in progress.”

Further, “the government has also managed to pass two key Bills — the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code Bill, 2016 — which strive to create an enabling environment for expeditious resolution of bankruptcies with least pain to stakeholders, and the Aadhaar Bill to distribute subsidies, rural wages and pensions through an electronic platform,” it said.

Reflecting on these moves, Dharmakirti Joshi, chief economist, CRISIL said, “The focus on quality of growth and repair and reform initiatives means there will not be significant upsides immediately. But if relentlessly implemented, they will do more to raise India’s trend — rather than cyclical — growth that we are seeing now. We believe this will remain work in progress for some time and the momentum needs to continue through the political cycle, which will restart next year, to get maximum bang for the buck.”

@anant_s
Delays of atleast 6 more months in GE proposed plant in Bihar. The file is pending in pollution control department for 2 months and " Zero "progress has been made because the board has no chairman.... it usually takes 3 months to get a clearance....

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1160728/jsp/frontpage/story_99195.jsp#.V5mKdEwnvq1.twitter

It has been a very wrong move for Centre to award this project to Bihar... it would have had started rolling locomotives by this year end if it was in any other place. Say even Bokaro or TATA, or even Ranchi ( we have lots of area lying unused at HEC ) , no to West Bengal for obvious reasons , if they wanted a project in east India , else Gujarat and Maharastra should have been preferred.

And the delays will be even more .... expect few cases in court for how the land has been acquired , and the twist here is that the organisations who are planning to go to Patna High court are themselves supported by RJD ... and Left.
:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

It is said that you have the leaders you deserve so Bihar, this is what you get.

Are Bihar and UP* intent on being the Somalia of India whilst the rest of India zooms ahead?

It was a mistake to look to set up the GE plant in Bihar really, they are an under performing state in almost every metric.Time to implement "competitive federalism" in all such decsions and allow these calls to be made on merit (too much to ask for I'm sure).

*I guess there is some hope in UP if the BJP can win the state election.

+ @anant_s brother, are you sure that the Talgo coaches would operate with the Talgo trainsets if the IR opts to order them? As far as I've seen only the coaches have been tested in India and it is the consenus on SSC that these coaches would be pulled by existing rolling stock only if they enter operation. (I know I've asked you this before but I have still yet to find any evidence the Talgo trainsets would be ordered too).

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

It is said that you have the leaders you deserve so Bihar, this is what you get.

Are Bihar and UP* intent on being the Somalia of India whilst the rest of India zooms ahead?

It was a mistake to look to set up the GE plant in Bihar really, they are an under performing state in almost every metric.Time to implement "competitive federalism" in all such decsions and allow these calls to be made on merit (too much to ask for I'm sure).

*I guess there is some hope in UP if the BJP can win the state election.

+ @anant_s brother, are you sure that the Talgo coaches would operate with the Talgo trainsets if the IR opts to order them? As far as I've seen only the coaches have been tested in India and it is the consenus on SSC that these coaches would be pulled by existing rolling stock only if they enter operation. (I know I've asked you this before but I have still yet to find any evidence the Talgo trainsets would be ordered too).

Meaning-of-word-Bihar-and-why-bihari-is-proud-of-their-culture-and-origin0.png

Biharis are just tired of leading.

Also they always have this option

A-notice-board-in-Bihar-funny.jpg

leaders you deserve
Thats the sad part, economic development agenda being overtaken by petty politics. Both locomotive factories would not only bring huge long term investment in state, but also create employment opportunities and development of nearby local economy as well. but as it has become a worrying practice these days, local leaders attack any new project in name of supporting local people. they earn money (mostly bribes) in process and then move away. In some unfortunate instances, the industry itself had to move. The only one looser in his whole process is local community and ultimately nation at large.
It is a known fact that IR is struggling with its finances despite all good efforts by government and Railway ministry and in times like these to traumatize private sector parties who bring in investment, is criminal.

you sure that the Talgo coaches would operate with the Talgo trainsets if the IR opts to order them?
Pretty sure brother.
i recall we discussed this. The information i got was that since TALGO wanted fast trials and owing to difficulties associated with driver training and signalling changes (TALGO features In Cab Signalling), IR decided to use its own power (WDP 4B). the final train sets will arrive with power cars at each end in configuration used elsewhere in world.
the testing method used by IR actually allowed saving of certification by IR safety commissioner for motive power.
They are starting 200 kph trials from August 1 on Delhi Mumbai line, lets see if i can get any more information.

Trivia:

This picture was taken by Photography Guru Steve McCurry.
He is the same guy who took this haunting picture of Afghan Girl for National Geographic
afghan-girl-615.jpg

Thanks . I didn't knew that . But I know his works now seen in a doubt because of Photoshop allegation .

Bangladesh minister to attend Indo-Bangla railway programme in Agartala
Indian Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu will flag off the regular broad gauge train service between Delhi and Agartala at the foundation stone laying ceremony of the Agartala–Akhaura rail track.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...bangla-railway-programme-in-agartala-2940432/

This video went viral with million + hits.

Despite Modi, India is unruly.
Super power in the making
only if u read the description of the video.....its not indian railways
Most Dangerous Train Journey In The World- 2015

Around 6 million peoples left Dhaka towards their home in urban for eid festival so this is very natural to see such situations in the transportation system of Bangladesh.

Date:23.09.2015

http://www.indialivetoday.com/wardr...er-ritu-beris-promotion-make-india/15948.html

NEW DELHI July 27: The government’s wardrobe makeover began with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s famous monogrammed suit. That trend will continue with designer uniforms for railway staff very likely made of Khadi that the government hopes will “instill a sense of pride” in the nearly 1.3 million railway employees.

Fashion designer Ritu Beri was hired by the government to design a new uniform for railways personnel, presented a set of four ‘themes’ for the uniform to the railway ministry-Indian tribal art,rustic coins and currency of the ‘golden period,legacy of India’s erstwhile nawabs,vibrant soul of India-a fusion.

Ritu Beri apparently agreed to do the designing ‘free of charge’.

A blog post titled ‘Sarkari Begum‘, which went viral on social media, hinted that it was proximity to those in power rather than talent or design reputation that may have been at play.

Beri did not immediately respond to the row.

Beri’s first ‘theme’ for the uniform is Indian tribal art. The second one is based on “rustic coins and currency of the ‘golden period’ of the country”. It’s unclear which ‘golden period’ Beri is drawing inspiration from.

369D62D900000578-3709418-image-a-56_1469566253175.jpg
369D62DD00000578-3709418-image-m-55_1469566245477.jpg

The couture designer’s third theme spotlights the legacy of India’s erstwhile nawabs.

The fourth theme showcases the “vibrant soul of India”, which is defined as a fusion of “everyday elements of culture, business, music and entertainment”, the report says.

Beri appears to be the go-to designer for government projects.

In 2007, Air India hired her to give its crew a makeover. For the national carrier’s uniform, Beri drew inspiration from Orissa’s Konark Sun Temple. The colour palette was red, orange, black and white.

For the 1.3 million employees of the Indian Railways, the ministry has a more ambitious agenda.

“The idea behind the new uniform is to instill a sense of pride and belonging in railwaymen,” a railways ministry statement said.

Beri added: “The look of the uniforms will be an ode to India and Railways to get designer uniform her exoticism. The focus is to reflect modern India whilst respecting our deep rooted tradition and culture, thus reflecting the ‘Glory of India’. The uniforms will be Indo-western in cut and silhouette, with comfort being the most important factor.”

As for her involvement with the Railways uniform, she said: “I am a big fan of our Prime Minister as well as our Railway Minister. I was hugely impressed when the Indian government released the rail budget this year.

“Designer Ritu Beri will design uniforms for many of our employees including the station master, loco pilot, train ticket examiner and guards. The agenda is to get new uniforms for all employees who interact directly with the passengers,” Railways board spokesman Anil Saxena said in May.

Beri yesterday suggested a competition to seek feedback from citizens and staff about which theme they prefer.

Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu will now consult with the stakeholders and the various railways unions.

“A committee will be set up to evaluate design, study different options, pricing and suitability,” a statement from the ministry said.

These uniforms will also very likely be in the hand-spun Khadi fabric, because Beri has often talked about promoting Khadi.

The designer is an advisor to the Khadi and Village Industries Commission, a statutory body created to promote Khadi.

If she chooses Khadi as her fabric for the railways staff’s uniform, that would be a boost for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘Make in India’ plan and will also showcase a ‘Made in India’ product.

“It’s a grand fabric of India. I will try to give Khadi a makeover to set its foot in the global fashion scenario. Khadi is a breathable, comfortable and ‘Made in India’ organic fabric. However, it has never been considered fashionable. It was the powerful pre-Independence fabric of India and now we need to make it the fabric of the moment,” Beri told IANS in an interview in April.

Who says India is a business friendly nation?
And this is despite Modi!

Just ponder on this, Talgo offered to run the Indian trials on pro bono basis = Free of costs. But despite that, it was compelled to fork out customs duty on coaches, the proceeds of which go to GOI coffer.

To special selective sportsmen, they issue customs duty waivers - The case of sachin Tendulkar's Ferrari import.
But certainly no such waiver for a company, who is offering free trials.

What signs India is giving off to other nations with such attitude?
Customs duty?

No wonder, when we talk of ease of doing business factor or Index, we find that India is lagging behind Mozambique - A country with lowest HDI numbers.

Audacity limits exceeded!

Shame!

only if u read the description of the video.....its not indian railways

Yes.
Its BD.
My mistake.
Apology.

upload_2016-7-29_15-24-42.png

upload_2016-7-29_16-1-4.png

upload_2016-7-29_16-1-22.png

Over Head Electrification Basics
Cantilever-Assembly.png

There are four tubes which makes the complete cantilever assembly namely

Stay Arm: It comprises of dia 28.4/33/7 mm (Small) size tube and an adjuster at the end to keep the bracket tube in position. It is insulated from the mast by stay arm insulator.

Bracket Tube: It comprises of dia 40/49 mm (Small) or dia. 30/38 mm (standard) bracket tube and insulated by bracket insulator. Catenary is supported from this member by catenary suspension brackets and catenary suspension clamp
Register Arm: It comprises of dia 28.4×33.7 mm tube to register the contract wire in the desired position with the help of steady arm

Steady Arm: It is 32 x 31 mm BFB section made of aluminum alloy to register the contact wire to the required stagger and to take the push up of contact wire. It is always in tension

Dropper is a fitting used in overhead equipment construction for supporting the contact wire from catenary. Two top tubes hold the weight; adjust the height and center of the Contact and catenary wire assembly whereas the bottom two tubes for adjusting the contact wire – stagger/height.

Contact and catenary assembly is designed for following different applications namely, push, pull, overlapping, crossover etc. The arrangement of the cantilever depends upon the height of the contact wire, encumbrance, setting distance, stagger and super elevation.

Stay and Bracket tube is supported on the mast with the help of insulator for electrical isolation called Stay Tube Insulator and Bracket Insulator. Two standard sizes of tubes 38mm and 49mm outside diameter are used for bracket assembly depending on the loading condition. Bracket assembly permits adjustment of equipment to cater for slewing or raising of track during maintenance. Length of stay tube can be varied by as much as 9 cm. in either directions and bracket tube is provided with free length of 10 cm beyond the caternary suspension clamp. Similarly projection of the register arm beyond the steady tube clamp is kept at 15 cm. This makes it possible to adjust the stagger of OHE at later stage without much difficulty.

Most important feature of Cantilever assembly is its flexibility, swiveling in all direction to take care of vertical push during movement of pantograph and expansion during change of ambient temperature and Vertical and Horizontal adjustment.
TTC21.jpg

Last edited:
Bhai it would be beneficial for this thread if you leave Modi out of it.
This thread is purely about Indian Railway's development past, present and the future. Let us stick to that.

Big ticket items, PM is involved.
he should handle everything in a prudent manner.
His mishandling of such issues involving International trade would have ripple effects.

And BTW, check #212

In that article you will find, among all: mention of PM Modi & Khadi.

Now tell me you.
What is the relevance of Khadi with Indian Railways?
And I see that on post number #212, you have no objection, because you never came against that article.
Trying to be flippant? because Modi is your God?

Just one word of "Modi" and you are in jitters?

Why be selective?

Somebody posted this:
10857953_800459230040834_7074726851971519300_n.jpg

In this thread, did you ask him what is the relevance of this with Indian Railways?

Why your feathers get ruffled on one "Modi" word?

This thread is purely about Indian Railway's development past, present and the future. Let us stick to that.

Big ticket items, PM is involved.
he should handle everything in a prudent manner.
His mishandling of such issues involving International trade would have ripple effects.

And BTW, check #212

In that article you will find, among all: mention of PM Modi & Khadi.

Now tell me you.
What is the relevance of Khadi with Indian Railways?
And I see that on post number #212, you have no objection, because you never came against that article.
Trying to be flippant? because Modi is your God?

Just one word of "Modi" and you are in jitters?

Why be selective?

Somebody posted this:
10857953_800459230040834_7074726851971519300_n.jpg

In this thread, did you ask him what is the relevance of this with Indian Railways?

Why your feathers get ruffled on one "Modi" word?

A parallel run.... it's about Railways Mr.
Try search about it , will enjoy ....my guarantee.

On the topic of customs

1. Yes if Sachin was allowed to bring his car without paying taxes , its wrong and needs to be inspected.

2. Talgo are not sacrificing anything , that is peanuts which they spent in comparison to what they are aiming for. You don't pay the Flipkart guy 100 rupees extra for your delivery , he is doing that for a salary.

Back
Top Bottom