What's new

Indian drone development, procurement , news and updates .

Have we actually ordered 10 Heron TP UAVs ? Or was it just approval ?
@Abingdonboy @PARIKRAMA @GuardianRED @DavidSling @500

Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) is currently producing a batch of 10 Heron TP armed drones for the Indian Air Force. The unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) are capable of carrying 2,000 kgs of weapons payload and can also be armed with air-to-ground precision missiles.

An Israeli military official confirmed the order by the IAF for 10 armed Heron UAVs at the DefenceExpo 2016 in Goa. The IAF has requested Israel to speed up the manufacturing and delivery of these state-of-the-art UAVs for quick induction into the armed forces.

The Heron TP Armed Drones are scheduled to be delivered to India before the end of 2016 :o:. The Heron TP is the latest version developed by IAI from the Heron series.

http://www.defencenews.in/article/I...-first-Heron-TP-Armed-Drones-from-Israel-4100
Is this reliable source?

India moves closer to acquiring Heron TP
  • 17 OCTOBER, 2016
  • BY: ARIE EGOZI
  • TEL AVIV

The Indian air force is moving ahead with implementation of a plan to purchase the Israel Aerospace Industries Heron TP unmanned air vehicle, having joined the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) in June.

India is operating the Heron 1 and other smaller Israeli UAVs, but the purchase of a strategic system such as the Heron TP had until recently been put on hold.

Israel is not a member of the regime, which aims to restrict the proliferation of missile technology, but has agreed to export its strategic weapon systems only to member countries.

Last year, India’s Economic Times claimed the government had quietly approved the purchase of 10 armed Heron TP UAVs from Israel. New Delhi has also previously shown interest in the Israeli Arrow surface-to-air anti-ballistic missile system.

By joining the MTCR, India will be able to open negotiations to purchase the Heron TP. While the Arrow interceptor is funded partially by the USA, the Heron TP can be exported.

getasset.aspx

AirTeamImages

The Heron TP is currently heavily used for classified missions for all the Israeli defence forces branches, and has been selected by the German air force for its surveillance UAV requirement.

The UAV has a 40h endurance, maximum take-off weight of 5,300kg (11,685lb), and carries a typical mission payload of 1,000kg.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/india-mo...he-israeli-heron-tp-uav.456482/#ixzz4NS04osRW

india next Israeli drone
@PARIKRAMA
add this link to your thread since many of ur drones are IAI's
https://defence.pk/threads/israeli-drones.413048/
not alot of difrent then heron to super heron

Heron
Performance

• Endurance: > 40 hr
  • Range: 350 km
  • Range with satellite coverage: Beyond Line of Sight
  • Altitude: 30,000 ft
Technical Data

Weights

• Maximum take-off weight: 1,250 kg
  • Maximum Payload Weight: 250 Kg
Dimensions

• Overall Length: 8.50 m
  • Wingspan: 16.60 m

Super Heron

Performance

• Endurance: Up to 45 hours
  • Mission radius LOS: 250 km
  • Mission radius with ADR or GDR: 350 km
  • Mission radius with SATCOM: > 1,000 km
  • Altitude ceiling: > 30,000 ft
  • Loiter speed: 60-80 kTAS
  • Max speed: >150 kTAS
Technical Data

Weights

• Maximum takeoff weight (MTOW): 1,450 kg
  • Payload weight: Up to 450 kg.
Dimensions

• Wingspan: 17 m
lotz of difference

Never heard Israel using drones for strikes , did they use Heron TP anywhere for strikes ?? If they did which missile they used , Spike or Hell fire ??

Never heard Israel using drones for strikes , did they use Heron TP anywhere for strikes ?? If they did which missile they used , Spike or Hell fire ??
Cause Israel doesn't openly admit of using it for strikes.
However, reports over the years by foreign media clearly shows that Israel is using armed drones.
and if it was me, I'd suspect they're using mini spike and hellfire missiles.

No the Guardian drones wont have any issues linked with CISMOA or its variant.

Systems as of now i dont know for sure. Some customized stuff may be there but primarily all systems should be US origin. The reason being its a package
See

View attachment 333587
https://defence.pk/threads/india-ke...ntry-into-the-mtcr.446210/page-2#post-8620191

I believe such a replacement of the major 5 systems - FGCS, MGCS, GDT, DTs and PPSL will be proprietary work . With just 22 it may be a bit too much to ask for.

Nice thread parikrama

You are right the secrecy may be the reason Israel in not making any strike public , but I am sure during presentation to Indian Air force they have shown the capabilities . any ways TP looks promising machine
Cause Israel doesn't openly admit of using it for strikes.
However, reports over the years by foreign media clearly shows that Israel is using armed drones.
and if it was me, I'd suspect they're using mini spike and hellfire missiles.

Any update on India's quest for the Avenger drone from the US?

India finalized deal of 10 armed Heron TP for $ 400million. It will add to already existing fleet of unarmed Herons of Indian air force.[24]

Specifications
Data from IAI website

General characteristics

• Crew: none
  • Capacity: 2,000 kg (4,400 lb) payload[25]
  • Max takeoff weight: 4,650 kg (10,250 lb)
  • Length: 13[13] m (43 ft in)
  • Wingspan: 26[13] m (86 ft in)
  • Powerplant: 1 × Pratt & Whitney PT6A-67A, 900 kW (1,200 hp) each
Performance

• Maximum speed: 370+ km/h (230+ mph)
  • Range: 7,400+[25] km (4,600+ miles)
  • Endurance: 70+[13] hours
  • Service ceiling: 14,000+[13] m (45,000+ ft)

What kind of weapons would we need to purchase if we get the Israeli drones?

Did you forget, I think around the time of Operation Pillar of Defense, Israel released a video of when it did a drone strike on a Hamas leader?

Never checked that man ...can you share the link :) although , I like the secrecy of Israel tahts why its not easy for any one to get the info from open sources about their weapons
Did you forget, I think around the time of Operation Pillar of Defense, Israel released a video of when it did a drone strike on a Hamas leader?

UOTE="RepublicOk, post: 8825590, member: 167844"]Any update on India's quest for the Avenger drone from the US?[/QUOTE]

Never checked that man ...can you share the link :) although , I like the secrecy of Israel tahts why its not easy for any one to get the info from open sources about their weapons

Type this in youtube: "IDF Pinpoint Strike on Ahmed Jabari, Head of Hamas Military Wing" and click on the 10 second video posted by IDF's official account. I'm not gonna post the link because I'm a new user and not sure whether the video violates community guidelines or not.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom