What's new

India woman saves her daughter from Mugger crocodile. Hits it with a paddle!

Excellent read bro. Have you seen the film "The Ghost and the Darkness" It's about the notorious maneaters of Tsavo in Kenya. Lots of sub-continent history with these lions. Many of the dead were workers from India and Pakistan.
Val Kilmer one

I bet you've read it but maybe not : ' Maneaters of kumaom ' ?
I read it in nearby library when I was studying highschool.. I used to turn to check who is behind me while returning from library to home... it was scary..
Jim Corbett was awsome writer.. although he was not much educated. We got a national park in the area he used to work.(Corbett National park)

Excellent read bro. Have you seen the film "The Ghost and the Darkness" It's about the notorious maneaters of Tsavo in Kenya. Lots of sub-continent history with these lions. Many of the dead were workers from India and Pakistan.
I have not read any lion story from subcontinent.. only tiger or leopard

I read it in nearby library when I was studying highschool.. I used to turn to check who is behind me while returning from library to home... it was scary..
Jim Corbett was awsome writer.. although he was not much educated. We got a national park in the area he used to work.(Corbett National park)

It's not scary is it? he was educated enough about here though

Well Lions didn't get the time to do the fun stuff which leopard and tiger are famous for, in at least last 150 years. Numbers had critically declined in the mid and late 1800s. One britain soldier or officer shot 300 alone during 1857 uprising. Soon they were only left in Gir, Gujarat. In 1902 or 1912 I think or a little late can't remember exact year now, Nawab of Junnahgar ( should be father of later Nawab Mahabut Khan who later moved to Pakistan with nearly 200 dogs ) and british commissioner went hunting yet again but realized that less than 20 were left. So Nawab spared them and tried to conserve them which worked out. They long live in protected Gir forrest so not much conflict with humans but mind you, domestic cattle have been considerable portion of their diet but somehow authorities kept people unprovoked too and locals too should be credited for showing such generosity and avoiding war. Last census that I saw from your authorities, shows that numbers are increasing and now more than 400 are confined in one place. They will soon need more place otherwise, more stories will be written and I hope that day never comes

It's not scary is it? he was educated enough about here though

Well Lions didn't get the time to do the fun stuff which leopard and tiger are famous for, in at least last 150 years. Numbers had critically declined in the mid and late 1800s. One britain soldier or officer shot 300 alone during 1857 uprising. Soon they were only left in Gir, Gujarat. In 1902 or 1912 I think or a little late can't remember exact year now, Nawab of Junnahgar ( should be father of later Nawab Mahabut Khan who later moved to Pakistan with nearly 200 dogs ) and british commissioner went hunting yet again but realized that less than 20 were left. So Nawab spared them and tried to conserve them which worked out. They long live in protected Gir forrest so not much conflict with humans but mind you, domestic cattle have been considerable portion of their diet but somehow authorities kept people unprovoked too and locals too should be credited for showing such generosity and avoiding war. Last census that I saw from your authorities, shows that numbers are increasing and now more than 400 are confined in one place. They will soon need more place otherwise, more stories will be written and I hope that day never comes
Corbett books were scary for me.. coz I was a teenager with vivid imagination.. and lived in a foresty/hilly area. :D

about gir lions, conservationists are urging gujrat govt to relocate some lions to other states as its getting overpopulated and also quite risky if they catch a disease or something, but its unnecessary regional pride(gujrati pride) that is the hurdle, they are refusing.

Corbett books were scary for me.. coz I was a teenager with vivid imagination.. and lived in a foresty/hilly area. :D

about gir lions, conservationists are urging gujrat govt to relocate some lions to other states as its getting overpopulated and also quite risky if they catch a disease or something, but its unnecessary regional pride(gujrati pride) that is the hurdle, they are refusing.

One account was really horrific when Tiger snatched a woman in close proximity of other women collecting sticks and didn't drag it but picked up and carried her away and nobody knew until he was gone except one I think saw but couldn't speak timely.

Most likely reason is they don't wanna loose the perks of being exclusive home to leo persico in the world. Like it or not, it'll be done and they will have to do it.

One account was really horrific when Tiger snatched a woman in close proximity of other women collecting sticks and didn't drag it but picked up and carried her away and nobody knew until he was gone except one I think saw but couldn't speak timely.

Most likely reason is they don't wanna loose the perks of being exclusive home to leo persico in the world. Like it or not, it'll be done and they will have to do it.
few stories I faintly remeber..
one in which a maneater grabs a man from behind while he was trying to climb a try to avoid being eaten.. they found nail marks of the man(desperate to climb) on bark of the tree..
in another he would be waiting for maneater on a 'maachan' with the bait(goat) in front of him.. in middle of night he thought I dont think maneater is coming so better go home, but he will fall asleep and wake up in the early morning.
When he climbs down, he sees tiger pug marks all around tree..

and then there was an instance when a leopard(maneater) stalks him for nearly a few kms when he was walking home, without his knowledge.

Val Kilmer one

Thats's the one.

It's set in Africa but involved many workers from the sub-continent. It is a great read and film. It is truly shocking how clever and cunning these two male lions were. Read about the "hospital" incident.

Back to crocs.

Good god!

croc.jpg

30 ft. crocodile killed on Saipan Island in 1943 during WW2.

Err...that was my point. An really aggressive crocodile wouldn't have been stopped by a bat.

It was luck, L-U-C-K. The mother got lucky, thank heavens, that the mugger could not get her daughter. There are many instances of man vs nature where muggers have got the better of humans.

True. That holds good for all your posts thus far. They are based only on your opinion. You started with 18 feet muggers and came up with muggers being serial killers in the sunderbans. With no evidence .

Have some shame. Muggers being crocodiles are NOT based on my opinion, LOL!!! I did not start with 18 feet crocodiles, go and read again. I said some muggers are known to grow beyond 15 feet.

I did not comment how I waded into a river full of muggers on a flimsy boat protected only by my raw courage and an cunning boatman with thriller movie music playing in the back ground. And by the way muggers or salt water crocs do not attack boats unless half your body is dangling OUTSIDE the boat. You try swimming in a Lake with only ONE mugger in it, if you manage to come out alive then I will agree muggers are harmless for humans.

The point was with reference to the sunderbans, That's where the Saltwater crocodiles are primarily found, not so much the muggers.

Abe yaar, what on earth is your problem dude? Are muggers found in sunderbans or not according to your esteemed knowledge?

Do you want to go back & read your posts on how aggressive the Muggers are & what lengths they reach & how they will attack without reason......All wild animals are dangerous, you just seemed to act like the Mugger was this creature from hell.

LOL

I said that muggers, saltwater crocodiles, alligators are aggressive and I stand by it. You don't walk into a pond full of muggers.

Fine dude. If you say with a straight face that you are wiling to swim in a pond full of muggers then I will admit they are harmless.

Thats's the one.

It's set in Africa but involved many workers from the sub-continent. It is a great read and film. It is truly shocking how clever and cunning these two male lions were. Read about the "hospital" incident.

Back to crocs.

Good god!

croc.jpg

30 ft. crocodile killed on Saipan Island in 1943 during WW2.

Here is something to give you nightmares. :D

During WW2 there two recorded cases of man vs nature. One was in the pacific where dozens/hundreds of hungry sharks preyed and fed for DAYS on the helpless bodies of American sailors. I forgot the ship's name but the ship was sunk and the few hundred sailors who managed to survive wished they had died immediately. The sharks had a field day hunting them.

The second took place in burma when allegedly an entire Japanese company/battalion was hunted down by an army of crocodiles in the swampy forests. The japanese were retreating from the advancing british forces and were running into the jungle. Over days and weeks one by one the japanese lost more men to the crocodiles then they would have possibly lost to british soldiers.

There are two more leopards in India, recorded by Jim Corbett, who killed more men than serial killers. Wait, let me refresh my knowledge on them.

The best thing to do when you are attacked by a crocodile is go for its eyes as its the only sensitive part in its head,it will immediately let off the victim when you attack the eye.

And by the way muggers or salt water crocs do not attack boats unless half your body is dangling OUTSIDE the boat.

Patriot, once salties go over 18 ft they do attack boats and there have been numerous occasions in the Philippines, Australia and Malaysia, where a large saltwater crocodile has attacked a boat, by either ramming it by using their sheer weight, or biting at it in order to "flip" the occupants in the water to devour them.
The Australians actually prioritise the monitoring and capturing of large crocodiles, due to the immense danger they pose.

Here is the example of Cassius, one of the largest Saltwater crocodiles in captivity, who was captured and put in a sanctuary due to the danger he posed. He was a serial boat attacker as well.

A crocodile hunter who spent 17 years in pursuit of the dangerous animals now lives with the biggest captive crocodile in the world.

George Craig, 84, from Green Island, Australia, captured dangerous crocodile Cassius - who is 18ft-long and weighs a tonne - 30 years ago, and the pair have lived together ever since.

As a young man George spent 17 years hunting fierce and dangerous crocodiles, and relocating them to a safe enclosure, where they weren't a threat to humans.

1410176785634_wps_41_PIC_FROM_CATERS_NEWS_PICT.jpg

1410177521856_wps_59_PIC_FROM_CATERS_NEWS_PICT.jpg

George captured Cassius in 1987 from a river in the Northern Territory, where he was notorious for his huge size - and was under threat of being hunted down and killed by the local population.

Cassisus, who is missing his front left leg and tip of his tail due to vicious fights, was deemed a massive threat to humans after attacking boats.

So George set about capturing him to save his life, and bringing him to live in his sanctuary.

Cassius has lived at George's sanctuary, Marineland Melanesia, for the past 30 years, but even after feeding him every day, George knows Cassius would eat him in a second, given the chance

1410176874911_wps_48_PIC_FROM_CATERS_NEWS_PICT.jpg

Cassius being captured.

Billy Craig, George's grandson who helps run the sanctuary, has now released a series of photographs charting his grandfather's life with Casssius.

Billy, 23, said: ‘George likes to feed Cassius personally and after 30 years of being his caretaker, he does have a soft spot for Cassius.

‘Cassius is aware of who George is but there are no illusions that he would eat him if he had the chance, without a doubt.’

‘Cassius was a problem crocodile with a very aggressive nature. He was becoming notorious and he would have almost certainly been killed if he hadn't been removed and taken to a safe place by my grandfather.

‘He captured him the old-fashioned way - with ropes and brave spirit.

‘He was then transferred by a truck 1850 miles Cairns and then by boat to Green Island. George named him Cassius Clay the boxer.’

Cassius now lives at George's family business Marineland Melanesia, which was set up in 1969, in order to provide a place for the crocodiles to live safely.

Read more: Real life Crocodile Dundee lives with the largest captive croc in the world | Daily Mail Online

Patriot, once salties go over 18 ft they do attack boats and there have been numerous occasions in the Philippines, Australia and Malaysia, where a large saltwater crocodile has attacked a boat, by either ramming it by using their sheer weight, or biting at it in order to "flip" the occupants in the water to devour them.

Well that is a new one. Animals rarely attack things that are bigger than them. In Jim Corbett part you have safaris on open jeeps. The only instruction is NEVER get down from the vehicle. For tigers and other wild animals the gypsy is like an animal only bigger than them. I am not saying the news is false. But a video or pics of why the crocodile attacked a boat would have cleared the confusion. Maybe the boat was not too big, maybe it was too narrow, maybe the humans were close enough for crocodiles to attack, maybe the humans were sitting on the edge of the boat etc. Bad news is that salties reaching 18 feet is not uncommon.

I guess there is one more reason for leather industries to invest in salt water crocodiles. These mutated lizards not only attack humans but also boats. The planet needs to be rid of such menace. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom