What's new

India to help build dam in Afghanistan

kurup

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
India Thursday approved additional funds for the construction of Salma Dam in western Afghanistan at a revised cost of Rs.1,457.56 crore, said official sources.

The project will be executed by WAPCOS Ltd, Finance Minister P. Chidambaram said after a cabinet meeting.

According to officials, the availability of power and water through the project will lead to overall economic development of Afghanistan’s western region.

It will also address the issues of energy requirement and irrigation needs.

The project is expected to be completed in December 2014 or two years from the date of approval of the revised cost estimates. Forty percent of the dam has been built.

India to help build dam in Afghanistan

We should help Afghanistan to build the 12 proposed dams on river Kabul also.. These Dams are crucial for the development of Afghanistan. GoI should commit to these projects ASAP and help the neighbouring country.

India already has eyes set on the vast untapped resources in Central Asia. This re-building diplomacy is surely a step in this direction. And in any case, India would never want to vacate the space for China to move in.

Any one here who can list the projects complete by India in Afghanistan, not the ongoing, installed or proposed projects please.

Thanks India! we hope India will also consider some other dams in Kunar province.

Dear I have visited some Pashtun forums, They are very much Anti India and they dont like Pakistan too.
ofcourse there are some members who praise India for there work but mostly dont like Indian presence in Afghan.
If you can please tell whats the perception of normal Afghan citizen towards India.

Dear I have visited some Pashtun forums, They are very much Anti India and they dont like Pakistan too.
ofcourse there are some members who praise India for there work but mostly dont like Indian presence in Afghan.
If you can please tell whats the perception of normal Afghan citizen towards India.

Ordinary Afghans don't know much about Pak-Indian interests in Afghanistan if you ask them about India they only know bollywood, Bachchan, Dharmendra, Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan etc..

Those who are online may have reasons to hate or love India but overall the Indian image in Afghan society is far better than Pakistan/Iran.

i heard that dams are too on rivers going to iran and iranian guards came n damaged the construction work there and it was handled by india and india even couddnt protest

Ordinary Afghans don't know much about Pak-Indian interests in Afghanistan if you ask them about India they only know bollywood, Bachchan, Dharmendra, Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan etc..

Those who are online may have reasons to hate or love India but overall the Indian image in Afghan society is far better than Pakistan/Iran.

How can India have a good image in Afghanistan if Afghans hate non muslims?

Who said Afghans hate non-muslims? Afghans only hate invaders and all of invaders were non-muslims.

Afghanistan is much more radicalized than Pakistan. I have a hard time believing the average afghan respects non muslims.. may be I am wrong but that's what it seems like...

Afghanistan is much more radicalized than Pakistan. I have a hard time believing the average afghan respects non muslims.. may be I am wrong but that's what it seems like...

Oh man these things have never been among Afghans as long as somebody respects Afghans and their values they have nothing against them! but sadly this 30+ years war has damaged tolerance among Afghans themselves too... we need this generation and one more generation out of war, things will be encouraging again inshAllah!

As long as Non-Muslims insult Islam then irrespective of being Afghanistani or non Afghanistani you will find all of us hating such Islamophobs

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom