What's new

India Still A British Colony

Sir jee appko modi nahin chaiye tu mat lo ...Gujrat ke liye tho decide mat karo......

You only see China supports Pakistan. Do you care to study why?

In fact, if you know the history of your own South Asia, you know that at the beginning of dependence of all three countries (India, China, Pakistan), China had much warmer relationship with India than with Pakistan. China considered Pakistan in the west camp, but India in that of East.

Unfortunately, due to many reasons, mainly Nehru’s not-negotiable attitude on territorial dispute (which I always tend to attribute it to “second hand imperialism” where he thinks he should be British-inheritor), and Indian Parliament jingoism, and Mao’s deep hatred against aggressors that he perceived or doubted to be so, and difference of political systems, and communication fault lines, etc. etc. there came the mishap of 1962, which has been simplified by MANY ill-educated Indians in one compound word: “back-stab”.

Do you expect China still to be buddy buddy with India? Of course not. Naturally it will stay close to Pakistan who in contrast peacefully settled down the boarder issue with China through negotiation. (China also settled with Burma through negotiation).

By “naturally”, I mean in a natural way due to natural laws or forces.

India is not a big threat to China in many ways. China’s center of weight is in the east and there are lots of external threats from there. Instead, India could be the biggest market to China in the future, and vice versa.

But something has to happen before the momentum can be transferred. Yet recent decade only witnesses lots of war crys from Indian media and retired officers that help to build the momentum in bad direction. Now some Chinese nationalists start to do the same.

Sadly!

This is what I named it a “malicious cycle”. If it is not checked, it will result in a) consumption both parties; b) vanishing of the weaker. BTW, I believe both governments have sufficient support of ordinary people’s will.

Succinctly put. Even though the narrative of the history appeared a tinge chinese in nature. Indian version may differ a little bit. We may need a separate thread to discuss that.

If "Hate is baggage" we are preserving the baggage of bygone era. The perpetrators (Nehru, Mao, etc) were on both sides of the border.

For the convenience of the younger generation in India, lets give the "historical baggage" a slip and talk about the events happened in the past decade which has a greater bearing in the minds of people.

The good news is they hear about the awe-inspiring growth story of china which most indians wanted to emulate or at least try to emulate.

The bad news is China's standpoint on certain sensitive issues like NSG waiver and JUD security council resolution, which doesn't come under the ambit of bilateral disputes yet of national importance for India. I am here being careful in omitting bilateral disputes like stapled visas. So, the general consensus among the younger generation is "China is anti-India to the core". And you can't blame them for it can you?

What we are seeing here is the classic case of "Laws of cause and effect". The events you mentioned like "lots of war crys from Indian media" are mere effects the cause lies across the border.

Succinctly put. Even though the narrative of the history appeared a tinge chinese in nature. Indian version may differ a little bit. We may need a separate thread to discuss that.

If "Hate is baggage" we are preserving the baggage of bygone era. The perpetrators (Nehru, Mao, etc) were on both sides of the border.

For the convenience of the younger generation in India, lets give the "historical baggage" a slip and talk about the events happened in the past decade which has a greater bearing in the minds of people.

The good news is they hear about the awe-inspiring growth story of china which most indians wanted to emulate or at least try to emulate.

The bad news is China's standpoint on certain sensitive issues like NSG waiver and JUD security council resolution, which doesn't come under the ambit of bilateral disputes yet of national importance for India. I am here being careful in omitting bilateral disputes like stapled visas. So, the general consensus among the younger generation is "China is anti-India to the core". And you can't blame them for it can you?

What we are seeing here is the classic case of "Laws of cause and effect". The events you mentioned like "lots of war crys from Indian media" are mere effects the cause lies across the border.

I beg to differ. In fact majority of Chinese don't even care about what India does. All the made up animosity are nothing more than hype coming from the Indian media and the fact that it is getting blown out of proportions. Sensible people can clearly see and judge for themselves that it is not the case. We don't even make stories about India and portray it as a villain the way which India's media does. I hope more and more people in India will get the luxury and benefits of the internet, allowing them to see the fuller picture and realign its vision on the Indo-China relationship. It's time to look into the future and move away from the shadows of our past and envisage, work together for the benefits of both nations.

Wow, China is anti-India to the core, I guess that's what your media told your young generation.

It seems that Indians like to blame others instead of looking themselves first.

Many things. For example, Tibet is the second biggest problem of China. From the 1959 Tibet rebellion to the recent 2008 unrest, the key reason is that Dalai is in India.

Don't tell me it is for human rights or other reasons blah blah. Because:

First, it is not your business, just stay out of it. Second, why don't you tell US to stop killing innocent civilians, and you also didn't do anything to many much weaker countries. Third, India is one of the worst countries with human right abuse records and has many other problems. You should save your own people first.

So it is India who stabbed China first and the wound is still bleeding. Like it or not, it is our view.

The bottom line:
No matter what you think - whether India is a perfect country or you are on the moral high ground. The fact is: you caused many problems to us first, so you should expect something in return. So don't blame others.

For NSG waiver, you should thank China for not voting "NO". I guess you do know majority countries are indeed against such a waiver, but for the sake of the mighty US and India, they voted YES reluctantly.

For UNSC seat, seriously, none of P5 wants to share their power with others. And in the long run, your biggest hurdle is really the US. China's decision is most likely the same as NSG waiver. Just wait and see.

As I said before, most Chinese reports about India are positive at present. But your anti-China attitude is going to backfire in the future, because many anti-China articles were translated into Chinese. So more and more Chinese started to know that India is extremely anti-China.

So if one day, the attitude of average Chinese towards India is more negative, you'd better blame yourselves. But I guess you will say: it is all China's fault.

As I said before, most Chinese reports about India are positive at present. But your anti-China attitude is going to backfire in the future, because many anti-China articles were translated into Chinese. So more and more Chinese started to know that India is extremely anti-China.

Exactly right. :tup:

Exactly right. :tup:

A few articals does not represent a whole nation. I have read indian article which says good things about China and its mordenization. The way you are saying is that you want Dalai a relegious leader to be extradited, you are comparing Dalai to Osama. Your foces marched into Tibet and Dalai fled fearing arrest, the Government of India in the best tradition followed so far did not send a man back to his country as he is afraid of going back.

I guess that's what your media told your young generation.

Seems like you are unable to interpret my statement.

It seems that Indians like to blame others instead of looking themselves first.

Interested to know more about your statement. How did you come to this conclusion? Is it based on anecdotal evidences or do you have something empirical to show.

Many things. For example, Tibet is the second biggest problem of China. From the 1959 Tibet rebellion to the recent 2008 unrest, the key reason is that Dalai is in India.

What shall we do with Dalai (Nobel peace prize winner) and thousands of Tibetan refugees? Lets hear a Chinese perspective.

I said historical baggage (1962 war & Dalai), meaning it is a catch 22 situation which neither side (China or India) don't know how to deal with.

Don't tell me it is for human rights or other reasons blah blah.

How did you know, i would come up with that? Dreams!

First, it is not your business, just stay out of it. Second, why don't you tell US to stop killing innocent civilians, and you also didn't do anything to many much weaker countries. Third, India is one of the worst countries with human right abuse records and has many other problems. You should save your own people first.

First, it is not your business, just stay out of it

OK

Second, why don't you tell US to stop killing innocent civilians

Don't you think its none of our business

you also didn't do anything to many much weaker countries

Now. Don't you think its none of your business

Third, India is one of the worst countries with human right abuse records and has many other problems. You should save your own people first

Does that play any part in bilateral relations.

So it is India who stabbed China first and the wound is still bleeding. Like it or not, it is our view

Familiar statement, especially the highlighted part. We hear more of it from our neighborhood. It appears uncharacteristic when it comes from china.

The bottom line:
No matter what you think - whether India is a perfect country or you are on the moral high ground. The fact is: you caused many problems to us first, so you should expect something in return. So don't blame others.

Very realistic advice. Countries which share a land border with its neighbors should heed to your advice to make this world a peacefull place.

For NSG waiver, you should thank China for not voting "NO". I guess you do know majority countries are indeed against such a waiver, but for the sake of the mighty US and India, they voted YES reluctantly.

So you did it reluctantly, very friendly in deed.

For UNSC seat, seriously, none of P5 wants to share their power with others. And in the long run, your biggest hurdle is really the US. China's decision is most likely the same as NSG waiver. Just wait and see.

Wait, Did i talk about UNSC seat? I said "JUD security council resolution".

Lets blame it on my poor communication skills.

As I said before, most Chinese reports about India are positive at present

Let me quote you a line from a chinese member just above your post

In fact majority of Chinese don't even care about what India does

Now which one of you is right.

For arguments sake. Lets assume that you are right. Please quote some reports about India which are positive.

But your anti-China attitude is going to backfire in the future, because many anti-China articles were translated into Chinese. So more and more Chinese started to know that India is extremely anti-China.

So if one day, the attitude of average Chinese towards India is more negative, you'd better blame yourselves. But I guess you will say: it is all China's fault

Despite having a India friendly tone like you did. The Indian media was/is war mongering.

Back
Top Bottom