What's new

India-Pakistan partition 1947

what is it?

p.s.

please update the title if you can.

partition is a derogatory British term. Yeah it was British India that was "partition"

BUT

For modern day Pakistan and India? countries were "BORN"

On Aug 14, Pakistan
On Aug 15, India

what is it?

p.s.

partition is a derogatory British term. Yeah it was British India that was "partition"

BUT

On Aug 14, Pakistan
On Aug 15, India

Countries have continuity. When we say "Born", we are also implying that the geography has no past. It is good to say one country has become two.

what is it?

p.s.

BUT

On Aug 14, Pakistan
On Aug 15, India

On 15th August 1947 a new Union of India was born, India existed before that.

Countries have continuity. When we say "Born", we are also implying that the geography has no past. It is good to say one country has become two.

you and I all have continuity in terms human history (and even geography).

However we also have a birth certificate.

The date shown in the certificate shows the most recent "incarnation" :D

nothing personal.

So what is this video saying? I hate when people post a video link and do not express their summary/view/support/rejection

It is like "dekho dekho" without taking time and consideration to say "what points" and why?

what is it?

p.s.

BUT

On Aug 14, Pakistan
On Aug 15, India

India is 5000 years old. Republic of India and Pakistan were born in 1947.

India is 5000 years old. Republic of India and Pakistan were born in 1947.

Why just 5000 years. Let's make it 4 billion years.

or at least from the time when Indian plate start shoving up the Asian plate. :D

If you want to talk about people in the region then you must go back to the first migration out of Africa

Thank you

Why just 5000 years. Let's make it 4 billion years.

or at least from the time when Indian plate start shoving up the Asian plate. :D

If you want to talk about people in the region then you must go back to the first migration out of Africa

Thank you

I am not talking about India the nation state. It's the region I am referring to.

That way all nation states are young. Even ancient Greece was never modern day Greece,

I am not talking about India the nation state. It's the region I am referring to.

That way all nation states are young. Even ancient Greece was never modern day Greece,

I was talking about the region too,.

And it will be travesty for geography if you state that our region is just 5000 years old.

Because it is not

Lets put it this way:
The indian subcontinent was partitioned into India and Pakistan. Everyone happy now??

Not correct. Sub continent includes others too.

Do I have to teach elementary geography now :D

Common bro!

let go off British term "partition" it keeps us locked into old fights.

We should instead celebrate new beginning and use the term "birth"

You are talking of the Geography. I am talking of the civilisation of this region.

you keep on struggling with newer and different terminology with every post.

Please learn to stand your ground

And if you are wrong, just accept it and move on .

p.s
unless you can prove that Moenjodaro people used the word 'Indian" or even "Endian" on their symbols, you may have a point. otherwise you are just starting a circular argument,

you are respected member, try to push new vision and correct terms and not parot good old pathetic men from 1920s.

Thank you

I was talking about the region too,.

And it will be travesty for geography if you state that our region is just 5000 years old.

Because it is not

You are talking of the Geography. I am talking of the civilisation of this region.
you keep on struggling with newer and different terminology with every post.

Please learn to stand your ground

And if you are wrong, just accept it and move on .

p.s
unless you can prove that Moenjodaro people used the word 'Indian" or even "Endian" on their symbols, you may have a point. otherwise you are just starting a circular argument,

you are respected member, try to push new vision and correct terms and not parot good old pathetic men from 1920s.

Thank you

You are just arguing for the heck of arguing. My point was much simpler than what you made it to be. Anyway, others will get it. You can carry on clutching to straws all night.

Not correct. Sub continent includes others too.

Do I have to teach elementary geography now :D

Common bro!

let go off British term "partition" it keeps us locked into old fights.

We should instead celebrate new beginning and use the term "birth"

The Indian identity is ancient, a region known as Pakistan only came in 1947 when a section of people who previously called themselves as Indians, started to call themselves as Pakistanis.

Back
Top Bottom