What's new

India made electronic warfare systems for IAF Mig-29s and LCA

Veeru

BANNED
Reaction score
India made electronic warfare systems for IAF Mig-29s and LCA

Indian Air Force(IAF)’s Mig-29 and the home-made ’Tejus’ Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) will have electronic warfare(EW) systems developed by India’s DRDO from next year onwards. The older Mig-27 fighters are being equipped this year and operational trials are scheduled next year.

The tests would be held at two brand new EW ranges that the DRDO is building in the southern Indian states of Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh, said Prahlada, Chief Controller, R & D of DRDO. He was speaking at an EW conference in Bangalore. The two would be part of the 4,000-acre aeronautical test range in Chitradurga, some 200 km from Bangalore, and the 8,000-acre one in Tandur, some 135 km from Hyderabad.

Once the two new testing ranges are operational in 2012-13, experimental and R & D tests can be conducted, said Prahlada. At present, EW systems are tested in the IAF range in Gwalior in a limited way.

In 2012, Prahlada said India would fly a fourth-generational EW system, which is being developed by Defence Avionics Research Establishment and Defence Electronics Research Laboratory.

India made electronic warfare systems for IAF Mig-29s and LCA : Defense news

:cheers:Good news, i can say atechnical one..! It is really nice to see india making and getting mature in these technicall systems....I hope more money should be spend on R&D on high end technical systems...

Obviously with the help of Israel and Russia. Just that you guys like to keep it under the rug. Foreign help i mean.

Interesting and waiting for further details!

Do I am forgetting that LCA name tag is changed to BF??

Is the ew suite ready then why not test it somewhere else Outside rather than waiting for two more years..?

Is the ew suite ready then why not test it somewhere else Outside rather than waiting for two more years..?

EW is one of the most vulnerable areas to espionage. If the enemy gets hold of a few critical numbers about your EW system, it can be rendered useless very easily.

If we test this system outside then the chances of it getting compromised increase by many folds!

Don't worry,mate! We are doing this the right way.:mps:

Last edited:
EW is one of the most vulnerable areas to espionage. If the enemy ets hold of a few critical numbers about your EW system, it can be rendered useless very easily.

If we test this system outside then the chances of it getting compromised increase by many folds!

Don't worry,mate! We are doing this the right way.:mps:

I guess russia is a trusted partner or else isreal who built ew suite for mki can be trusted. Or do we fear that our tech is superior to theirs and they will steal our tech ?

Back
Top Bottom