What's new

India, Iran and Afghanistan sign historic three-way transit accord.

Quibbler

Reaction score
Country
India
TEHRAN: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and Afghan President Ashraf Ghani on Monday signed a threeway transit agreement on Iran's southern port of Chabahar .

"The agreement on the establishment of a Trilateral Transport and Transit Corridor can alter the course of history of this region," PM Narendra Modi said after the deal was signed in the presence of the heads of all the three countries.

"The corridor would spur unhindered flow of commerce throughout the region. Economic fruits of Chahbahar Agreement will expand trade, attract investment, build infrastructure, develop industry and create jobs Agreement on establishment of a Trilateral Transport & Transit Corridor signed a while ago can alter the course of history of the region," he added.

Rouhani said: "Today will henceforth be called the Day of Chabahar. Bahar means 'spring' and I hope this port means spring for all of us With our joint investments, we can connect india to Afghanistan, Central Asia and Europe."

Rouhani said: "Today will henceforth be called the Day of Chabahar. Bahar means 'spring' and I hope this port means spring for all of us With our joint investments, we can connect india to Afghanistan, Central Asia and Europe."

iran-india-flags.jpg

As a Laymen Trader of India ...followings are in my "To-do List"

a) Get your stuff pack in Cargo Truck to Mumbai

b) then Load your items in shipment container and prepare 4 sea journey

c) then after 12 hours shipment will reach Chahbabhar (God knows how much time it'l take)

d) Then again wait for Shipment to Offload from Sea Cargo to Land route

e) Now I will start again broken journey from Chahbar to my destiny in Afghanistan with background music of Lata mangeshkar & Kishore to smoke all my worries of Hefty journey away. :drag: (very pragmatic insight by Modi Bahadur :tup:)

c) then after 12 hours shipment will reach Chahbabhar (God knows how much time it'l take)

e) Now I will start again broken journey from Chahbar to my destiny in Afghanistan with background music of Lata mangeshkar & Kishore to smoke all my worries of Hefty journey away. :drag: (very pragmatic insight by Modi Bahadur :tup:)
Unless you guys javelin throw whatever little international trade you do, that its the way majority of trade happens in the world. Land-sea-land.

Rail and ship are far more efficient and reliable for cargo transport than truck. Plus by UN conventions, our ships are allowed to travel through Pakistani waters. Its going to be a strange site seeing Indian ships transverse the Pakistani coast.

What's the alternative that you'd like to suggest wise guy? Trade via ballistic missiles? Or teleporters? :azn:

Unless you guys javelin throw whatever little international trade you do, that its the way majority of trade happens in the world. Land-sea-land.
What's the alternative that you'd like to suggest wise guy? Trade via ballistic missiles? Or teleporters? :azn:
Are you Adding your Sum or Subtracting it...? :o:
According to my Calculas

If you all add all the Sum involve in above Hola hoop activity by laymen trader of India then sum will reach to outstanding debt
a) how you will compete our prices...which is next to our door
b) how you compete Chinese stuff in Central Asia which is too next door neighbour

According to my Calculas

If you all add all the Sum involve in above Hola hoop activity by laymen trader of India then sum will reach to outstanding debt
b) how you compete Chinese stuff in Central Asia which is too next door neighbour

Do you have any idea how far Afghanistan is from Chinese industrial and agricultural heartland.. ? Do you know the population density of Xinxiang, Tibet, lower Mongolia ?

And BTW, I asked a very simple question. And I'll ask it again. What's the alternative that you wish to propose..??

According to my Calculas

1. Price of shipping per km per ton is average 8 times cheaper than land.
2. I dont get what you will be doing different. Product from Europe mainland to port, then ship to gwadar port,then expensive land transport of 2k km of bad bad terrain, varied extreme climates and sparsely populated areas.

Well there is no other option, Pakistan won't give us transit, and it won't give transit to afghans to India. So we have to pick a more expensive route, Cant just stop trading because Pakistan's obstructionism.

Seems like you buy a lot of stuff from Amazon!!

Very good development, the more trade and regional connectivity the less chance of conflict as all sides have something at stake. Thank you to our Iranian and Indian brothers for making this possible, the biggest benefactors of this will be small businesses.

Back
Top Bottom