What's new

India helped in our liberation war for India’s interest

Don't try to act as Masters.

Well brother leo they don't have to act becasue their is a well known group(don't want to name them because you know whom I intended) in Bd that believe sole heartedly that their master is in India and like to get dictation for them. Bd is in the process of becoming a slave state of India thanks to the dalal grups that always like to suck up to their Idian hindu master...........

Iraq is discussed as its about oil, Iran is discussed as its about access to CAR, NK is discusses as its about Nukes, Pakistan is discussed due to Afghanistan, but why Bangladesh ? Whats Bangaldesh relevance in the world stage? You have nothign to offer to be discussed by worthy authors around the world, ah yes uselss guys whose literature about Iraq, Iran, Pakistan and NK wont be worth a crap would have time to write up about Bangladesh.

India would never want to have this 'head ache' on its shoulders, we are happy to see you 'free'.

Bull.. Please dont fall into the trap of a so called bangladeshi named Munshi..!!!! Bangladesh is releveant for india.. if not for the world..!!! And our government knows it..!!! People like munshi.. i have never seen a logical statement comming form him.. So please dont billtler BD in repsonse to the comments of a nobody called Munshi..!!!!

Bull.. Please dont fall into the trap of a so called bangladeshi named Munshi..!!!! Bangladesh is releveant for india.. if not for the world..!!! And our government knows it..!!! People like munshi.. i have never seen a logical statement comming form him.. So please dont billtler BD in repsonse to the comments of a nobody called Munshi..!!!!

Looking at all the Bharatia responses over the last 60plus posts, its pretty good going for a 'nobody' like Munshi. Hell, even you are wasting a 4 line post on this nobody.

Was India Foolish?
Friday May 27 2005 18:23:59 PM BDT
Tuhin Reza from UK

This article is in response to Dr. A K Biswas’s comments (25 May 2005) on my article ‘General Aurora and the looting by Indian Soldiers’. Dr. Biswas rejects my account because how could an ordinary mortal like me be invited to a high profile wedding in Delhi? For him, as he implies, it is only people with an impressive designation should be worthy of being regarded as a witness.

The suitability of a witness does not depend on his educational qualifications or the position he holds in the society (unless he is an expert witness) but on how close he was to the scene of occurrence. I narrated clearly what I had heard during my visit to Delhi.

For the record of Dr Biswas, I was in the same dormitory where General Aurora’s relative was and we became very good friends. My invitation to his wedding came through this connection. It was a high profile wedding. My friend’s father was a senior civil servant and his father-in-law was a commodore in the Indian Navy. I was well received by my friend’s relatives and friends. I gracefully acknowledge their hospitality, love and affection.

Before addressing some other points raised by Dr Biswas, I would like to correct him about one point. Yes, there was one Bengali core commander in the Pakistan Army, Lt. Gen. Khaja Wasiuddin. But I accept his point that Bengalis were not given a proper representation in Pakistan Military. Not only that, Bengalis were denied their due representation in other central services. During the days of united Pakistan, Bengalis were very badly treated, and that was the main reason for their discontent.

If the Bengalis were given their fair share in every sphere then there was no need for 1971, no question for receiving India’s help; India could have saved the ‘30 billion dollars’ and use it for the development of the country. Had the Pakistani authorities accepted the 1970 election results, allowed Awami League to form a government in Islamabad with Mujib as the prime minister, there would have been no question of proclamation of independence from Pakistan.

The mistreatment suffered by the Bengalis for 24 years and the brutal army crack down in March 1971 left Bangladeshis with no option but to go for the war of independence. The united Pakistan died on the night of 25 march 1971 when the Pakistanis fired the first bullet. One should note that the Bangladeshis did not go to war to change masters; they did not want the Pindiwallas to be replaced by Delhiwallas.

Was India foolish in helping Bangladesh in 1971? No. Dr. Biswas admits that Pakistan is dangerous to India. The central aim of India’s intervention in 1971 was to dismember and weaken Pakistan, which they did. India took full advantage of the Pakistan-Bangladesh conflict. Without the help of the Bangladeshis, it was not possible for India to achieve such an outright victory within such a short span of time. After the surrender of the Pakistani forces at Dhaka, Indian leadership commented, “Tarain has been avenged.” In the second battle of Tarain (sometimes spelt as Taraori) in 1192 the Muslim Army led by Mohammed Guri (sometimes spelt as Ghurid) defeated the Hindu Army of Prithvi Raj and conquered Delhi. This paved the way for eight hundred years of Muslim rule in Delhi.

So in 1971 India took revenge for the defeat in 1192. However, the way the Pakistanis treated Bengalis, they well deserved to suffer such a humiliating defeat. So India was not foolish, they got what they principally wanted.

If they had spent $30 billions as Dr. Biswas claims, then it was worth for what they had actually got in return. The thing that went wrong in India’s design was that Bangladesh gradually slipped out of her pocket. It is the Bangladesh’s stubbornness to accept India’s hegemony that landed her in troubles with successive Indian regimes and some intellectuals and members of the media.

Even if one accepts that Bangladesh had no valuable moveable properties, which the Indian troops could take then one should ask what about the arms and ammunitions left by the Pakistanis? As the successor to the Pakistan State in Bangladesh, the state of Bangladesh should have had the ownership of those. Why not a single rifle was left for Bangladesh? If they were treated as the booties of the war then Bangladesh should have received half of the shares. After all, the Pakistani troops did not surrender to Indian Army, but to the Indo-Bangla joint forces. If one has doubts then one can see the actual document of surrender.

The fact remains that the Indian troops went on a high scale of looting from Industries, Banks, and even from shops and houses. The late Major Jalil, who was one of the sector commanders for Bangladesh during the war, protested India’s action and because of this ended up as the first political prisoner in free Bangladesh.

Dr. Biswas considers Bangladesh more cancerous and dangerous than Pakistan. Irony is that it was only few days ago that Dr. Biswas was the champion of unity of Bengalis (east and west). It looks like that he has now abandoned this noble cause. After all, who would want to graft a cancerous limb to an otherwise healthy (!) body?

Dr. Biswas admitted that in the pre-partition period the wealth in Bangladesh was in the hands of the Hindus. Well, was there not a case then for the Muslims to seek partition as they thought that in a Hindu dominated country poor Muslims would even grow poorer? Should the campaign for a separate homeland for Muslims then be classed as a campaign by the ‘have nots’ against the ‘haves’?

Finally, I wish Dr. Biswas a very good health.

Tuhin Reza
London

http://www.bangladesh-web.com/view.php?hidRecord=46274

Please quote any source that claims Indian leadership called the war revenge for Tarain ?

Looking at all the Bharatia responses over the last 60plus posts, its pretty good going for a 'nobody' like Munshi. Hell, even you are wasting a 4 line post on this nobody.

Well ofcourse.. you know even a Cockroach can break your dinner..!!!! ;) But my point was.. billitting a country called bangladesh is not the right way..!! And bangladesh is an important neighbour for us.. no matter whatever some people says..!! Respect them and conduct good business with them.. thats what i would say to my government!!! :)

But my point was.. billitting a country called bangladesh is not the right way..!! And bangladesh is an important neighbour for us.. no matter whatever some people says..!! Respect them and conduct good business with them.. thats what i would say to my government!!! :)

I sincerely hope your Govt. listen to your words.But I also know that's not going to happen.But at least we can expect to see people with your kind of attitude.

I sincerely hope your Govt. listen to your words.But I also know that's not going to happen.But at least we can expect to see people with your kind of attitude.
I am "sick" of some people who thinks they have given our freedom.As if we were licking lollipops during that time.

I like your above tag line..!!! And i did research on it. You guys had been on a major gurilella warfare and have freed most of your country when my country intervened..!!!! Its just that we accelerated what was inevitable.!!! Its just that we get pissed off when some people billitle our contribution and you get pissed off when we say(atleast some of them who dont know history) we where the solel reason for your liberation

Any ways i hope the relationship between two countries grows on mutual trust.!! And i believe its not a himalyan task like kashmir and is very much achievable.!:cheers:

I'm afraid I will have to differ with you over here brother. Had it not been for the Indian Army, there would not have been a Bangladesh. The PA had defeated the Indian backed rebels (albeit at great cost to the civilian population) and cleared them from the cities and large areas of country-side. It was the Indian invasion which sent things to hell for us. The credit must go to the Indians here, they organized and pumped the brutal insurrection and then didn’t hesitate to take advantage of the PA’s weakened military and diplomatic disposition. I can provide loads more information to you in this regard, if you require.

I beg to differ too,brother.

Pakistan never defeated the freedom fighters.Instead they were suffering losses.Significant success of freedom fighters were:
Operation Jackpot=
*Chittagong: 60 commandos were sent, out of which 31 finally took part in the sabotage operation on the 16th. Between 1:45 to 2:15AM explosions sank the MV Al-Abbas, the MV Hormuz and the Orient barge no.6, sinking 19,000 tons of arms and ammunitions.
* Chandpur: 18 out of 40 commandos finally took part in the operation. 3 steamers/barges were damaged or sunk.
* Narayanganj: 20 commandos conducted the sabotage operation. 4 ships were sunk or damaged.
* Mongla: 20 commandos managed to damage 6 foreign owned ships.

The simultaneous attacks on Pakistani shipping assets on August 16 destroyed the myth of normalcy in East Pakistan when the news was flashed in the international media.

*** By October, namely, the Mukti Bahini guerrillas waged a guerrilla war and had even temporarily captured airstrips at Lalmonirhat and Shalutikar. Both of these were used for flying in supplies and arms from India.
India - Pakistan War, 1971; Introduction

Apart from this,the hit and run tactics of Mukti Bahini was a constant thorn to the Pakistan Army.They were constantly troubled by the FF.

If you think we are not acknowledging India's support,then you misunderstood.What we are saying here is that,India's indirect support was enough to win freedom.We are off course grateful to Indian army's contribution during 1971.

The Bharatia army did not defeat us, our Bengali brothers did.

After the election win of Sheikh Mujib, only one outcome was going to be possible.

The Bharatia offensive brought the end of the conflict closer by a few weeks, thats all.

Last edited:
Why is it that most Bangladeshis on PDF hate Indians???
India has always look towards BD as a respectable nation with a thriving and vibrant culture.
posted by Al-zakir
Why Hindu India would come to the rescue of Muslims when the same Muslims separated from India 1947
And as far as you saying India a hindu nation is concerned let me tell you India has more muslim population than Pak.Mind you India liberate BD due to atrocities conducted by Pak Army.

Apart from this,the hit and run tactics of Mukti Bahini was a constant thorn to the Pakistan Army.

This is obviously true and I would never try to deny this. But I think it would be fair if you acknowledge that had it not been for Indian endeavors there would not have been a succession of E. Pakistan. Ofcourse there were insecurities, there was bitterness and misunderstanding in East Pakistan, but it was India that turned this into outright insurrection and rebellion which they then turned into an invasion. The invasion was the event that sealed E. Pakistan’s fate. The Indians had been openly supporting the MB for a long time but the PA had still established control and order in all the cities and huge areas of the country side. It is easy to see how in time things would have settled down in favor of Pakistan had your Indian friends not decided to blow up PAF’s only airbase and invade with corps worth of troops. The Indian invasion was instrumental, critical to our defeat. Also even after the entire Indian Army had rolled through, there were bases and fortifications held by Pakistani units that the Indians could not conquer despite much effort right up until the final ceasefire was signed by Niazi himself. You can't win or 'liberate' a country with a hundred or so 'commandos' trying to blow up stuff in the dead of night. You can be proud of such deeds all of want ofcourse, but at the end of the day it was just a side-show to Pak-India rivalry around the Bengali people.

Naturally as long as the Indians were there the MB would never have been entirely destroyed, but then they would never have won the country without direct Indian intervention either. So just to put things into prospective for you, E. Pakistan would not have seceded the way it did had it not been for Indian ambitions.

If it werent for the Indian Army, BD would not have been liberated ( what liberation? seeing all u BD guys, u were better off with Pakistan!). The MB would have been crushed, and You must give credit to the Pak army because they nearly did so.

The MB was armed by India (dont u guys give us some credit atleast, or do you wanna feel all proud saying a bunch of Guerrillas defeated the Pakistani Army??? It wont be even possible in the Wettest of your dreams to defeat the Pakistani army stationed in East Pakistan by blowing up a few sailboats! Had not the Indians bombed the Airfields the PAF could have rained down bomb on your cities and MB hideouts and then finally none of the so called great MB (which according to u guys defeated the Pak Army/Navy/Airforce) would be alive lol!

One more thing, Finally- Would the MB be able to even kill a single Pak Army personnel if it werent for the Arms provided by India and the Funding??

You BD guys have to make it clear, Here and Now. Are you angry at BD being created? Do you want to join up with W Pakistan???? Are you ashamed at being from BD? Let me tell you, I feel some of you are!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom