What's new

India gearing up for a two-front war against China & Pakistan.

Peaceful Civilian

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
India continues to view Pakistan as the "real threat" even though it is adjusting its military strategy to include the possibility of a limited two-front war with both Pakistan and China, the first Blue Book on India published by a Chinese think tank said.

war1.jpg

Pakistan is India's main "real threat" to maintain a high degree of vigilance and preparedness, the summary of the Blue Book released by the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, (CASS) said.

The report says Indian military deployment on land is mainly fixated against Pakistan but in recent times, it is also being adjusted for both China and Pakistan.

The book in Chinese language, the first ever on India, said, New Delhi is focusing to deal with limited war with China and Pakistan at the same time.

It spoke of large increase in troops at the borders and upgradation of border forces with new weapons and equipment.

The report spoke about India's maritime military deployment in recent years, the prime cause of China's worry as it regards India's fast expanding blue water navy as a major threat.

The book, which speaks of India's efforts in the past to strengthen its maritime military strength in the East, specially mentioned Indian Navy's Eastern Naval Command and its bases in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.

It also spoke of increase in Indian defence budget with the rapid growth of the Indian economy making it the biggest buyer of the international arms.

About India's policy towards neighbours, it said New Delhi continued to pursue the "Gujral Doctrine" on neighbouring countries to provide unilateral assistance, enhancing mutual trust and cooperation with the neighbouring countries of South Asia, while continuing to push forward the peace process with Pakistan.

India also established a strategic partnership with Afghanistan while developing relations with Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Nepal, it said.

`India preparing for a possible two-front war with Pak, China`

The question is: Does India hope to "win" its objectives by taking on two nuclear powers at once. I'd like to meet the general who has a plan to win such a battle.

Isnt Prevention better than Cure?
Talking about taking on Nuclear powers, future wars would be mostly conventional. China, India have no first use policy.
Only Pakistan has that, and we can manage to denote our attention to that.
Reg China, yes, We are having a two front plan. There will be a plan to deal it too. But it is not ready yet/.

@Aeronaut
Limited two front war... Its a rare case to use nuclear wepons in a limited war and importantly with a nuclear bomb armed country whic recently completed triad of nuclear delivery systems... But its less likely... That china will use nukes first because they follow no first use policy

Last edited by a moderator:
The question is: Does India hope to "win" its objectives by taking on two nuclear powers at once. I'd like to meet the general who has a plan to win such a battle.

'You' prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Any Battles on Chinese border will restricted to infantry and artillery battles due to nature of terrain.Hence only limited advances can be made by Indian or Chinese..because once either side reaches the plains...they will come to a halt.

Large scale armor battles will be on Pakistani side..here India enjoys a significant advantage over Pakistan.

The Objective is not to take on Nuclear Powers ,But to defend the country against Possible Incursions or Limited conflicts .

Our Generals tend to think before they act ,unlike the Commandos from the other side.

Leaving aside Few hiccups in early years during Independance,They have time to time Demonstrated both the Strategy and plans to ensure Victory on both Diplomatic and millitary fronts.

Ground reality is that China will always remain the soft target while Pakistan the hard one.

No one will use nukes unless it is a total war. Unless either nation is trying to take over and completely destroy the other nukes will never be an option. A limited war over border issues is more likely and it would never really be a 2 front war.

INDIA should STOP making these DUMB statements. Next week it will be India gearing up to fight a three front War with China , Pakistan and Bangladesh. The week after India will gear up to fight CHINA, PAKISTAN, BANGLADESH, SRI LANKA, BURMA, NEPAL, SIKKIM and BHUTAN. Give me a COTTON PICKIN BREAK.....:omghaha:

Here is the comments by Indian General Kapoor making stupid comments about taking on both China and Pakistan simultaneously:

http://english.pravda.ru/world/asia/01-02-2010/111970-india-0/

I think we should gear up for 3 front war... third one is bangladesh...... :rofl:

:lol:

Indians were running away when we came inside India and you expect them to fight us? Riiiiiight. :lol:
India knows its got a death wish messing with the PLA after the thumpings it received in 1962, 1967 and 1987. That's why they didn't touch us. Our soldiers could have invaded New Delhi and Indian military would have done nothing. Indian generals and soldiers told the Indian regime that they prefer diplomacy because they want to live. That's why the Indian soldiers were running away like cowards. That's why we got strategic victory when we got concessions out of India that India had to retreat from their territory. We came, we saw, we conquered. We like messing with India......it's fun abusing a country we know is utterly powerless to do anything about it. That's why we always look down on India and treat them like dirt, because India is a defeated country in our eyes. I'm just being brutally honest about it.

INDIA should STOP making these DUMB statements. Next week it will be India gearing up to fight a three front War with China , Pakistan and Bangladesh. The week after India will gear up to fight CHINA, PAKISTAN, BANGLADESH, SRI LANKA, BURMA, NEPAL, SIKKIM and BHUTAN. Give me a COTTON PICKIN BREAK.....:omghaha:

Atleast try to read the article before making such dumb comments....

Its about Chinese Blue book written by Chinese people...:wave:

@nuclearpak

There is already a thread running on Chinese Blue Book about India. Plz merge this thread with that...:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are you guyz starting a PDF war based on a mere article. Applicable to all.

I knew it the "Blue Book" will be some fan boy stuff..and I was right.."Cold Start" is just a doctrine like many other doctrines..but those Chinese so called "scholars" got enough time to write a book on foreign policy based on some unconfirmed "Doctrines"...

Back
Top Bottom