What's new

India Facebook users urged to 'appear whiter'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck I've seen racism from Pathan People towards Punjabi/Sindhi people because Sindhis and Punjabis are not fair like Pathan so they somehow feel superior even though Punjabis/Sindhis/Mohajir might even be more successful economically then those fair people.

There is an Indian add of some whitening cream for men which shows that an Indian man got the job in India because he got white skin after using that cream.

Now if bhartis are promoting such things they should expect racist attitude from outsiders too.

Heck I've seen racism from Pathan People towards Punjabi/Sindhi people because Sindhis and Punjabis are not fair like Pathan so they somehow feel superior even though Punjabis/Sindhis/Mohajir might even be more successful economically then those fair people.

bwahahahahahahah dont try try to satisfy your ego by bringing in Sindhis into it.

We do show some racism when it comes to martial races debate but that too when someone tries to poke his nose without any reason. Otherwise we do not do any racism.

And above all we (Pukhtuns/pathans) hardly show any racism towards Sindhis.

As far as economic status is concerned your Gunja CM of Punjab had closed down all industries in NWFP because we were doing much better and his factories were getting fkd up.

Its all over the pakistan. White just think they are superior. No need to single out Pathans. When you are angry or in a fight you tend to say all sort of things :azn:

Not to burst your bubbles Jana but I've heard ALOT of Pakhtuns going.. 'Da Punjabey de mara, dey pa sa poyee gee'... plus i wont post some other derogatory remarks I've heard a lot on a fairly consistent basis and not being sexist or anything but since you are a female you probably don't go out as much and mingle with the normal Peshawar crowd. I am Pakhtun to and I've met ALOT of Pakhtun people who tend to have racist tendencies towards Punjabis.... although i can't say much about sindhis

Not to burst your bubbles Jana but I've heard ALOT of Pakhtuns going.. 'Da Punjabey de mara, dey pa sa poyee gee'... plus i wont post some other derogatory remarks I've heard a lot on a fairly consistent basis and not being sexist or anything but since you are a female you probably don't go out as much and mingle with the normal Peshawar crowd. I am Pakhtun to and I've met ALOT of Pakhtun people who tend to have racist tendencies towards Punjabis.... although i can't say much about sindhis

And you missed this tendency by Punjabis towards Pukhtuns :)

Try to check the ratio and you will understand why we do so.

Above all its not just about skin colour but it has more to do with this martial races debate.

anyway if you have noticed the Punjabis are more into searching for gori chiti bahu even if their own son is a kaddu of high caliber.

If they themselves can not respect their own skin colour then pointing fingers at others is uncalled for.

Note: is indeed we are racist and i myself show some racism at some points. :cheers:

I think they will kick me out of Facebook..bcoz there is a limit to photoshop and fair and lovely cream :partay:

Whatever perverted prejudices some people may harbor against others based on skin color or physical appearances, the GoI has passed an Act to prevent selling of drugs under such false claims- the
DRUGS AND MAGIC REMEDIES (OBJECTIONABLE ADVERTISEMENTS) ACT 1954
Prohibition of misleading advertisements relating to drugs. 4.Prohibition of misleading advertisements relating to drugs. Subject to the provisions of this Act, no person shall take any part in the publication of any advertisement relating to a drug if the advertisement contains any matter which- (a) directly or indirectly gives a false impression regarding the true character of the drug; or (b) makes a false claim for the drug;or (c) is otherwise false or misleading inany material particular. 5 Prohibition of advertisement of magic remedies for treatment ofcertain diseases and disorders. 5.Prohibition of advertisement of magic remedies for treatment of certain diseases and disorders. No person carrying on or purporting to carry on the profession of administering magic remedies shall take any part in the publication of any advertisement referring to any magic remedy which directly or indirectly claims to be efficacious for any of the purposes specified in section 3. 6 Prohibition of import into, and export from India of certainadvertisements. 6.Prohibition of import into, and export from India of certain advertisements. No person shall import into, or export from, the territories to which this Act extends any document containing an advertisement of the nature referred to in section 3, or section 4, or section 5, and any documents containing any such advertisements shall be deemed to be goods of which the import or export has been prohibited under section 19 of the Sea Customs Act, 1878 (8 of 1878) and all -the provisions of that Act shall have effect accordingly, except that section 183 thereof shall have effect as if for the word " shall " therein the word " may " were substituted.

In lay man's terms:
Today, cures of questionable efficacy and gadgets of unknown values are being peddled through not just the print, but also television and the Internet. There is a proliferation of such advertisements that exploit the vulnerability of those suffering from certain diseases or an inferiority complex regarding their physical stature or looks.

The Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisements) Act is specifically meant to tackle such false and misleading claims, but it is totally outdated and inadequate to deal with the present-day situation — it has no provision to tackle television and Internet advertisements. The Union Health Ministry has said that the law is being amended to curb such advertisements and award stringent punishment to those found guilty of violation.

As it stands, the Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisements) Act, 1954, basically prohibits four kinds of advertisements pertaining to drugs and magical cures. Section 3 of the Act says that no person shall take any part in the publication of any advertisement promoting a drug or leading to the use of a drug for the procurement of miscarriage in women or prevention of conception in women; the maintenance or improvement of the capacity of human being for sexual pleasure; and correction of menstrual disorders in women.

Section 3 further prohibits any advertisement promoting drugs for the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of any disease, disorder or condition specified in the Schedule. The schedule lists a number of diseases, disorders or conditions such as diabetes, cataract, cancer, fevers (in general), obesity, rheumatism, impotence, high or low blood pressure, female diseases, epilepsy, stature of persons, venereal diseases, glaucoma, sterility in women, dropsy, etc.

Section 4 of the Act prohibits those advertisements relating to a drug if they contain any matter which directly or indirectly gives a false impression regarding the true character of the drug or makes a false claim for the drug or is otherwise false or misleading. Section 5 of the Act prohibits advertisements of magic remedies for treatment of certain diseases and disorders.
Basically the skin color is due to one's melanin content and that depends upon one's genes. If the opposite were to be the case, all Africans would become fair skinned people to escape those then discriminating laws in US!

The advertisements which lay claim to changing ones skin color are violating the above act an such agencies and companies are liable to be sued! But the proverbial question is "who dares bell the cat?"

Stupid people and companies taking advantage of their prejudices!

Now this PS software on FB is another matter. Tactically implied faceplam! FB, IMHO, is far overrated than what it actually deserves!

And you missed this tendency by Punjabis towards Pukhtuns :)

Try to check the ratio and you will understand why we do so.

Above all its not just about skin colour but it has more to do with this martial races debate.

anyway if you have noticed the Punjabis are more into searching for gori chiti bahu even if their own son is a kaddu of high caliber.

If they themselves can not respect their own skin colour then pointing fingers at others is uncalled for.

Note: is indeed we are racist and i myself show some racism at some points. :cheers:

Your right about Punjabi's as well... and like i said its inferiority complex. The whole Gora skin phenomenon needs to die anyways. I've met alot of darker skiinned women who have literally wooed me with their intelligence and confidence and I personally find that way more attractive than a gori mellon who barely knows how to have a conversation.. My point is that Racism within Pakistan exists and it pretty much exists everywhere in every corner of the globe.

gubbi if the Govt was serious then NO Indian TV channel would have been allowed to show fairness creams' adds neither India would have been the biggest market for fairness products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom