What's new

India developing 6000 km range Agni-6 SLBM with MIRV

If India has the ability to target all major cities in China, it should scrap the no first use, then do what Pakistan does to India, which is:

Prepare for a conventional conflict, and if the enemy seems to be winning, prepare for massive non conventional retaliation.

Why such nonsense? Why we have those aircraft carriers? fifth generation fighters, Su-30MKI, MRCA? MRSAM, Arjun mk II, Shaurya, Prahaar, FINSAS, Phalcon, network centric warfare capabilities, Akash, satellites? why all these huge modern military build ups? Is our conventional weapons weak? than where is the thing of enemy winning the war come?

India has a policy as a responsible power, it is not any nuclear blackmail.

India's ballistic missile inventory -

AGNI-I - 750KM
AGNI-II - 1000KM
AGNI-II PRIME - 2000KM
AGNI-III - 3500KM
AGNI-IV - 4000KM
AGNI-V - 5000KM
AGNI-VI - 6000KM
SURYA - 16000KM
:guns:

A relative of mine , works of a company that sells mapping as well as surveillance related software to india's armed and paramilitary forces, including the CRPF COBRA command centre, which is in delhi (cant disclose exact location on an open forum ) ,

Anyway, we were out having dinner with an influential person in artillery who was going to okay the software purchase . We got talking about the nirbhay cruise missile programme , and he said, a lot of it might use tech from the brahmos, and that the army didnt really need the nirbhay as of now. The reason for this, he pointed out, is that the 290km range of the brahmos is more of an eyewash. We have managed to secretly upgrade modify of our brahmos missiles to go up to 900-1000km. He also stated that the brahmos is already nuclear capable . Of course, these cannot be declassified, and it would be a major diplomatic disaster for russia and india. He said that with the coming of the nirbhay, we could actually make this capability known.

Seems only logical that the indian navy is putting the brahmos aboard all of its new ships.

Of course, i dont have any 'links' to back my story up, and i cant name the people involved . . . . but, that's it, for what its worth.

A relative of mine , works of a company that sells mapping as well as surveillance related software to india's armed and paramilitary forces, including the CRPF COBRA command centre, which is in delhi (cant disclose exact location on an open forum ) ,

Anyway, we were out having dinner with an influential person in artillery who was going to okay the software purchase . We got talking about the nirbhay cruise missile programme , and he said, a lot of it might use tech from the brahmos, and that the army didnt really need the nirbhay as of now. The reason for this, he pointed out, is that the 290km range of the brahmos is more of an eyewash. We have managed to secretly upgrade modify of our brahmos missiles to go up to 900-1000km. He also stated that the brahmos is already nuclear capable . Of course, these cannot be declassified, and it would be a major diplomatic disaster for russia and india. He said that with the coming of the nirbhay, we could actually make this capability known.

Seems only logical that the indian navy is putting the brahmos aboard all of its new ships.

Of course, i dont have any 'links' to back my story up, and i cant name the people involved . . . . but, that's it, for what its worth.

ur post fits ur name

good on india if true

Absolutely i believe that , i do wonder why Brahmos has so much weight . I too got to know unofficially that Brahmos has range similar to that of Agni I

i really do hope it is. I must mention for posterity's sake that he had a peg of teacher's inside him :D. . . i usually tag along with aforementioned relative at his sales dinners for the 5-star food and the chance to talk to get to talk to high level def. officials....:)

the company the guy works for was recently responsible, for passing information and basically bringing about and expose of the whole rolta affair.

here's a link if you havent read through it already.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article2718286.ece

I am really losing track of how many missile programs we have ongoing or in the pipeline now. Why do we have to make missiles for every thousand kilometer difference? I think after Agni-V, we should have directly moved to 10,000 Km+ range. This is a waste of time and money.

I am really losing track of how many missile programs we have ongoing or in the pipeline now. Why do we have to make missiles for every thousand kilometer difference? I think after Agni-V, we should have directly moved to 10,000 Km+ range. This is a waste of time and money.

Not exactly. The reason is iterative development will help us in developing the missile tech by keeping other factors like CEP etc within acceptable limits. When we progress in small steps it helps us to know how dynamics change vis-a-vis the different parameters involved across different ranges. Hence we will be able to master the tech better.

Ofc the downside is time but hey its better to have a missile with range 7500 km which is 95% accurate developed in an year rather than a 10000KM range missile with 60%accuracy and wasting several years to better its CEP in one go. During all these years, we will be left with no true deterrent or rather let luck be our deterrent.

Hope my point is clear.

Higher the range, costlier the r&d, production, deployment and maintenence cost. Our policy doesnt support such long range. Tech to achive it would take longer to perfect. It is always step by step process.

Since you have nothing to back up so let's for now leave it at 290 Km...It would be lot of fuss for India and Russia if range is more then that...International treaties are no joke and so far we have a good track record....Secondly let's say for a second you have got some classified information...May i know why are you sharing it in a public forum???

Since you have nothing to back up so let's for now leave it at 290 Km...It would be lot of fuss for India and Russia if range is more then that...International treaties are no joke and so far we have a good track record....Secondly let's say for a second you have got some classified information...May i know why are you sharing it in a public forum???

Well,it's already a open secret that the range of Brahmos 1Blk3 has has been increased to 560-600km,so what's the big deal????

simple question can it hit USA hahahah hehhehe LOL

Back
Top Bottom