What's new

india defence budget

dani958

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Israel
i think its around 50 bilion dollar and im wondering do you indians think its enaugh to country like india or need more how much you think it should be?
chine i think is 155 bilion

Its about just right. 2.3% of our GDP...any more and I think we will be pulling too much away from other more important spending like education, infrastructure, health etc.

We will keep the % the same and keep our economy growing at a healthy rate and that should be more than enough to deal with foreign threats.

With greater indigenization under Make in India and opening up of 100% FDI to defence sector....the future is bright for mass production at economies of scale for several critical technologies that will save much money and provide many jobs over the coming years in the defence sector.

i think its around 50 bilion dollar and im wondering do you indians think its enaugh to country like india or need more how much you think it should be?

Less than 50$ billion. We report salaries of Officers in defence but most other countries don't. So the actual amount is closer to 20$ billion.

The current government wants to cut defence imports, but not reduce military spending. The Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley, announced in his budget speech that defence spending would actually increase by 11% to Rs. 246,727 crore in 2015-2016.

Current

1 United States 597.5
2 China 145.8
3 Saudi Arabia 81.8
4 Russia 66.5
5 United Kingdom 56.2
6 India 48.0

I think under current affairs , This is ideal .
We only have threat from Pakistan and China . For other threats internal security services are enough .
Note : I don't know a thing about Army and Security :p:

Note : I don't know a thing about Army and Security

And you are on defence forum?

iWKad22.jpg

:P

We dont want to match with others...we r a peace living country.... as per our requirment and size current budget is sufficent with the size for us....:coffee:

Else to catch up with others in terms of show off ...... we dont want to feed grass to our loved citizens......as some neighbor does...:enjoy:

Our defence budget will eventually increase with time.....We are on a massive expansion mission and things will only improve further.

Back
Top Bottom