What's new

India’s Mars orbiter spacecraft to reach target in 75 days

Jf Thunder

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

NEW DELHI – India's Mars Orbiter Mission spacecraft is scheduled for a rendezvous with the red planet as it is rapidly coasting towards its target, the Press Trust of India news service reported on Saturday.

Mars Orbiter Spacecraft has travelled 525 million kilometers on its heliocentric arc. Radio signals from earth now take 15 minutes to reach the Mars Orbiter Mission and return, said the Indian Space Research Organisation – based in Bangalore.

Mars Orbit Insertion is planned exactly 75 days from Saturday, the research organisation said in a post on its Mars Orbit Mission Facebook page. In the last crucial milestone on June 11, the organisation performed the second Trajectory Correction Manoeuvre (TCM-2) on the orbiter as a mid-course correction to keep the spacecraft on course.

The Indian Space Research Organisation has planned another trajectory correction manoeuvre in August before the Mars Orbit Insertion in September. The ambitious Mars mission project costing a little under Rs 450 crore was launched from Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh onboard the Pollar Satellite Launch Vehicle on November 5 last with an aim to reach the red planet’s atmosphere by September 24.

GSLV mk 3, the next milestone for ISRO, fells nice being a citizen of country which is a member of the cryo club, ISRO rockks......:dance3::yay::cheers:

10537865_1526837417539615_5912230037612131484_n.jpg

yay, i am so happy, my first ever thread on PDF (aside from the intro) and i get some replies :)

I am more than happy to see a Pakistani member showing interest and posting about India's MOM or else the comment section of Express tribune and the Dawn articles concerning the same are only filled with toilets, poverty and so on! :)

I am more than happy to see a Pakistani member showing interest and posting about India's MOM or else the comment section of Express tribune and the Dawn articles concerning the same are only filled with toilets, poverty and so on! :)
i dont read the news paper, i read news on the Internet so i just try to post those News in which a news does not invove loss of lives lol, this was the first one i found which was a harmless news

Back
Top Bottom