What's new

Incremental upgrades in Pakistani Nuclear missiles over the years

I know what he said, and that is Pakistan's official standing on this topic. In fact Pakistan will never exceed this exact range when testing the system.
However, there wouldn't be any point in saying that Pakistan made Shaheen-III to be able to hit Port Blair but in order to do so, the launch point should be 50km from the Indian border at the south-eastern tip of Sindh.
View attachment 368337
well the indians would only need to deploy the s400 to western Gujarat armed with the the 40n6 (range 400km) missile and it has a good chance of intercepting it.

I know what he said, and that is Pakistan's official standing on this topic. In fact Pakistan will never exceed this exact range when testing the system.
However, there wouldn't be any point in saying that Pakistan made Shaheen-III to be able to hit Port Blair but in order to do so, the launch point should be 50km from the Indian border at the south-eastern tip of Sindh.
View attachment 368337
yes...and that is what i am saying..our launching option is very limited in this case and it is very close to border...n if we take into account the cold start doctrine..this will be the area to witness war first.
i am just saying that we should have about 3500km range missile..from which w can launch n hit any target of our choice from baluchistan and kpk. it will give us sort of land based second strike capability.

I don't have complete information on how Raad's design prevents its integration with JF-17. I don't believe it could be the problem, as AWC knows that JF-17 is going to form the backbone of PAF.

Let's "assume" it's already done. I won't like to add much to it.

well the indians would only need to deploy the s400 to western Gujarat armed with the the 40n6 (range 400km) missile and it has a good chance of intercepting it.
Nope, S-400 does not perform mid-course interceptions AFAIK, and its terminal exo/endo-atmospheric interception envelope can not intercept ballistic targets with speeds over 4800m/s (~Mach 15).

yes...and that is what i am saying..our launching option is very limited in this case and it is very close to border...n if we take into account the cold start doctrine..this will be the area to witness war first.
i am just saying that we should have about 3500km range missile..from which w can launch n hit any target of our choice from baluchistan and kpk. it will give us sort of land based second strike capability.
You're obviously not getting it. Take your time.

Musharraf once mentioned this in interview that he actually held one of such devices in his hand, the size of a golf ball. His era was decade ago, no need to be a rocket scientist to understand what would be the level of miniaturization now.

During cold war, Russians build suitcase nukes, thanks to miniaturization, which were meant to be delivered by hand in the heart of manhattan in case all else failed.

Implications of miniaturization of Pakistani nukes are huge. Those nations who might consider themselves technologically advanced then Pakistan (I am not referring to third world India), and maybe under illusion that they can destroy Pakistan with their massive nuclear arsenal, they maybe in for shock of their lives.

Pakistan has fought the Soviet Union, survived Bin Ladens 'capture' in Abbotabad, and has survived India's 70 year onslaught against our existence. That's just three broad strokes of the situations we have faced or are facing. There have been plenty more. Question is, how have we survived? The Indians waste no time in telling us how much we are hated around the world. That is their opinion but lets just play with that for a moment. How can a 'third world country' like Pakistan survive so many enemies in such a short period of time? We must either be lethally powerful ourselves or we have a lethally powerful friend who is willing to back us come hell or high water risking its own existence in the process. It has to be one of those two things,

Nope, S-400 does not perform mid-course interceptions AFAIK, and its terminal exo/endo-atmospheric interception envelope can not intercept ballistic targets with speeds over 4800m/s (~Mach 15).

what am i missing here????

Pakistan has fought the Soviet Union, survived Bin Ladens 'capture' in Abbotabad, and has survived India's 70 year onslaught against our existence. That's just three broad strokes of the situations we have faced or are facing. There have been plenty more. Question is, how have we survived? The Indians waste no time in telling us how much we are hated around the world. That is their opinion but lets just play with that for a moment. How can a 'third world country' like Pakistan survive so many enemies in such a short period of time? We must either be lethally powerful ourselves or we have a lethally powerful friend who is willing to back us come hell or high water risking its own existence in the process. It has to be one of those two things,

When push comes to shove, no friend will stick it's neck for you. That's true for every nation. Builtin strength which takes you across the line.

When push comes to shove, no friend will stick it's neck for you. That's true for every nation. Builtin strength which takes you across the line.

To an extent I agree. We have our strengths but we also have our weaknesses and many of them and no nation is invincible. But Pakistan has survived the Soviet Union, America and India. Now that is something. How many nations can boast that?

during boost phase <180000ft it has a good chance, now that youd brought this up id imagine a mirv version of the s3 and a s4 with a 2m diameter and a 3500km range

during boost phase <180000ft it has a good chance, now that youd brought this up id imagine a mirv version of the s3 and a s4 with a 2m diameter and a 3500km range
It doesn't really works like that, boost-phase lasts hardly 2 minutes and by the time its over, the system is out of the atmosphere. Boost-phase interception using missiles will theoretically work only if the interceptors are placed very close to the possible launch locations of the BMs.
Neither the motor diameter nor the range is going to increase. That is all I have to say.

To an extent I agree. We have our strengths but we also have our weaknesses and many of them and no nation is invincible. But Pakistan has survived the Soviet Union, America and India. Now that is something. How many nations can boast that?

I cannot point to any logic or reason per say but there is a strange pattern going in history where arrogant powers found themselves in our backyard to meet their end. From that poster boy of west, the midget Alexander "the great", to unstoppable red army, to now an era where Pax Americana is truly over.

Some may call just coincident, some may see as grand plan of Allah.

Modular design of Pakistan's Babur cruise missile.

C1zHzw0XAAANH7Z.jpg

Journey of Babur cruise missile Launncher.

C1dYsk0WQAEww0R.jpg

Visual comparison between Babir-1 land to land version and Babur 2 the land to sea version.
Czrc7wsXEAAu3V8.jpg

15541990_1068593089919541_578037122092147823_n.jpg

Nasr missile with movable front fins as evident from lugs at the base of fins. Also different types of warheads.

15672668_1073852089393641_1648135067435771480_n.jpg

Currently Pakistan has 13 types of nuclear missiles in service , hence "Full spectrum deterrence". India has only 8.

15232216_1056563694455814_6807755039769520676_n.jpg

Does babur missile have active radar homing for better performance
Does shaheen-3 have radar have active radar homing with that they can track up coming missile so they can change their direction

I cannot point to any logic or reason per say but there is a strange pattern going in history where arrogant powers found themselves in our backyard to meet their end. From that poster boy of west, the midget Alexander "the great", to unstoppable red army, to now an era where Pax Americana is truly over.

Some may call just coincident, some may see as grand plan of Allah.

I wish I was as fatalistic as you but I am not. Allah does plan, I agree and He is the best of Planners, I agree. But he also povides 'waseelah's' for His plans. We have good friends. We can Thank Allah for them. Especially the Chinese.

I wish I was as fatalistic as you but I am not. Allah does plan, I agree and He is the best of Planners, I agree. But he also povides 'waseelah's' for His plans. We have good friends. We can Thank Allah for them. Especially the Chinese.

There were no Chinese when very few handed Alexander his arse on platter in the battle of Hydespas (Jehlum).

Keep as many friends as possible, and honour the friendship with them with all good intentions, but to rely on friends for own well being, is what is truly scary and fatal.

Back
Top Bottom