What's new

in its current form blk2 how effective is the JF17 against the bulk of IAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Against the mirage 2000 the indian Mig29 and the hindu SU30 how effective is the JF17 vs the above
JF-17 was only meant to replace our old Aircraft such as Sabres and Mirages - I don't get why people think it's some kind of a cutting edge miracle plane.

Against the mirage 2000 the indian Mig29 and the hindu SU30 how effective is the JF17 vs the above

It fares pretty well against the F-16's block 52, I think what I've heard is that its about 80% of block 52 but similar radar and missile range. So in BVR, it would be the missiles that matter. Both SU-30 and JFT will fire each at other at the same time pretty much due to the distance being so close, and plenty of EW due to shared borders.

I think the block III would be a better comparison as it would field an AESA, some very advance avionics (taken from the Chinese J-31 stealth program) and newer munitions. But even the block II, albeit with slightly lesser range and munitions load-out, still provides a big punch for the money and it can fire pretty much everything, JDAMS, Cruise Missiles, AShM's, BVR, etc, etc.

Future wars are going to be all based on BVR and better electronics. So I think the block II can handle its own in BVR but it does have hard point and radar limitations (simultaneous target lock and BVR guidance to 2 missiles only). So block III would be a better comparison IMO. I am waiting on members to post pics and status on Block III. Thanks

Last edited:

all of the above not good.

Mirage 2000 upgraded with RDY-2,MICA, HMD
Mig-29 upgraded before upgrade could handle F-16's
Su-30MKI is leagues above the JF-17 and F-16

Pakistan needs something better and in numbers.

SU-30 has been fielded against jf-17. You always forget that what you have China has. And JF-17 is a joint production of China and Pakistan. Don't you think that jf-17 has not yet been tested against these planes. Don't live in fools paradise.

Well in a one to one situation against Indian jets it starts leaking fuel from the bottom for some reason.

JF-17 was only meant to replace our old Aircraft such as Sabres and Mirages - I don't get why people think it's some kind of a cutting edge miracle plane.

that means its just for replacement ? it won't take part in any war if ever happens, and the IAF will have a free hand and it'll sit there and watch ?

Is F-35 better than Su-30MKI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom