What's new

Imran Khan vows to promote austerity, form Madina-like state

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Lahore: Pakistan Tahreek-i-Insaf chief Imran Khan on Sunday vowed to promote austerity and form Madina-like state of Prophet Muhammad era after coming to power, referring to the city in the Saudi Arabia where the Prophet lived.

"We will form government on the pattern of Islamic state of Madina and Muslim caliphs. We will also convert the prime minister house, chief minister houses and governor houses into libraries and public parks," he said addressing a historic public gathering at Minar-i-Pakistan here this evening.

The rally was giving a complete festive look. Many young girls painted "go Nawaz go" on their faces.

"The slogan - go Nawaz go - is chasing him and other family members of the Sharif wherever they go. Nawaz...This slogan will haunt you in your dreams. Even one day this slogan will be echoing in your house," he said.

The cricketer-turned-politician warned Nawaz Sharif that he would not let him rule smoothly if he was not given justice on rigging issue in last year general election.

"Nawaz Sharif I will not let you govern if I am not given justice. There should be independent inquiry into rigging charges after you (Nawaz) resign. If I prove wrong I will apologise from you otherwise all those involved in the rigging plan should be tried for treason," he said, adding both Nawaz and former chief justice Iftikhar Chaudhry were involved in rigging.

During his hour-long speech, Khan thanked God for many times for waking up his nation.

"I have never seen such a big rally in my whole life. We have created world record by staging 45-day sit-in in Islamabad and it is going on. In these 45 days Pakistan has changed," he said.

"Nawaz you should better delay in resigning as I want to go other parts of the country to expose you and your corruption," he said, adding Nawaz's son was living in London's Rs 800 billion worth flat.

He expressed hope that Supreme Courts might give him justice in the case he filed against Nawaz Sharif for telling lie in parliament that he had not asked army chief Gen Raheel Sharif to 'facilitate' in resolving the political crisis.

"Nawaz also lied about his exile agreement with Gen (Pervez) Musharraf," he added.

Khan called Nawaz and former president Asif Ali Zardari 'bhai bhai' (brothers). "Zardari has come from Dubai to save Nawaz. Both Nawaz and Zardari had been fooling people for the last 28 years. All those got together in the parliament to save their looted money," he said.

Khan also talked about sufferings of the missing people and Dr Afia Siddiqui who was handed over to the US.

According to independent analysts, today's rally was the biggest in the Lahore's history.

"I can't say the number of participants was 300,000 to 500,000. However, Minar-i-Pakistan is not filled with less than 300,000 people and it was jam packed," said senior analyst and columnist Ayaz Amir.

PTI

First Published: Monday, September 29, 2014 - 01:11
Imran Khan vows to promote austerity, form Madina-like state | Zee News

Imran Khan has proven to be a true drunken bastard. All these brainwashed PTI idiots should be beaten back only then will they stop.
Imran Khan has proven to be a true leader who has stood against corrupt system and government and supporters of corrupt system and corrupt government are feeling the heat now

That is nice, but does anyone know what IK's plans are about dharna?, anything which IK himself have said not some trolls opinion and how long will it continue, because I think most of us and even IK himself knows that only danda will be useful against these shameless thugs in government

Imran Khan has proven to be a true drunken bastard. All these brainwashed PTI idiots should be beaten back only then will they stop.

Seriously if this mindset remains of some of the neutral crowd if true then no wonder Pakistan is in this kind of situation.. some Pakistanis like to get sexually assaulted slowly slowly every time a new govt. comes in the name of Democracy. When someone raises voice against injustice, Pakistani's again shoot themselves in the foot with this kind of thinking

Austerity, respect for the rule of law, good governance and accountability to the people are the recipes for a healthy state.If Imran Khan means what he says and says what he means then hopefully the Pakistani state will flourish under his rule

What he really means is that all cars will be replaced by camels to promote austerity. :D
Had to LOL!!
In another speech, Imran is asking Pakistani to avoid Indian movies because of harmful social affects. So on top of being judge, jury and executioner he is also a cultural critic. Now, mind you, he may or may not have merits in his views about Indian movies but what is telling his is intellectual (lack of) depth by stooping to such topics.
His Medina-like Pakistan will look more like Qandahar of Afghanistan.

Had to LOL!!
In another speech, Imran is asking Pakistani to avoid Indian movies because of harmful social affects. So on top of being judge, jury and executioner he is also a cultural critic. Now, mind you, he may or may not have merits in his views about Indian movies but what is telling his is intellectual (lack of) depth by stooping to such topics.

He obviously has delusions of being the Amir-ul-Momineen.

Had to LOL!!
Let's see. No job, no money for electricity bill, then what use is this bulb and electrical appliance filled house. We are living in a concrete based Qandahar anyway, as compared to mud and haystack based homes of Afghani Qandahar.

People are not pro Imran. People are fed up with the status quo. It has given nothing but misery for the vast majority of the country.

Nice Talk. How about a Suleh Hudaibiya 2015 with minorities so we can stop killing them?

This guy is in cloud cuckoo land, he is just too idealistic:girl_wacko:. I think we need someone down to earth and reasonable like Musharraf.

Had to LOL!!
One of the sure shot outcomes if he implements his statements and promises that look nothing but pandering to the Islamist crowd.

I support him :D

Back
Top Bottom