What's new

Ignoring India's protest, US justifies sale of F-16 jets to Pakistan

Take the eight F-16 Obama is offering. May be the next president will offer more. Plus, plenty of used US F-16s will be available once the F-35s start replacing them. Some of Pakistan 1980s vintage F-16s will need to be replaced regardless.

India will complain about any military sale US makes to Pakistan; and Pakistan does the same. Believe me, Pakistan is no less of a whiner on this score.

Though India may have failed to convince the Obama Administration on selling the F-16s to Pakistan, it will try to convince Congress to block the deal, which is currently doing. The block will be removed, I just don't know when.

Hahah your *** is burning with mere 8 F-16s imagine if we will get more you guys will just commit suicide lol.

Hahah your *** is burning with mere 8 F-16s imagine if we will get more you guys will just commit suicide lol.

Actually, it's more of a heartburn. It will pass. Sorry to disappoint you.

Oh, so all this zarb-e-azb was to get the f-16s... Indian think tanks are stumped.
When the hell did anyone say that? Do you like to make things up, or do you not read other people's comments?

Pakistan NEVER asked for the F-16s, they're simply being given to Pakistan as a way to increase cooperation, and decrease tensions.

Don't make stupid comments.

I doubt that India is willing to spend billions of dollars just to deny an outdated platform, worth a few hundred million.

The news is fake.
They just want to delay the deal to stage another drama.....
@That Guy
US providing jets for different purpose even i am not so happy....You know why US suddenly become so generous even may be more on the way....

Sale of F-16s to Pakistan is in America's national interest: US

The United States Defence Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) notified the Congress on Monday that the sale of eight F-16 Block 52 aircraft, its related equipment, training and logistics support to Pakistan is in America’s national interest.

“It is in America’s national interest to sell eight F-16 fighter jets and related equipment to Pakistan,” the DSCA notified US Congress, according to Radio Pakistan.

The DSCA rejected India’s claim that the proposed sale will alter military balance in South Asia. “The DSCA delivered the required certification notifying Congress of this possible sale on February 11, 2016. This proposed sale contributes to US foreign policy objectives and national security goals by helping to improve the security of a strategic partner in South Asia,” a press release issued by the agency said.

Disappointed over India’s reaction to US sale of F-16 jets to Pakistan: FO

“The proposed sale of this equipment and support will not alter the basic military balance in the region,” the DCSA said, rejecting Indian concerns that the sale will alter military balance in South Asia. The certification is needed to satisfy the US Congress where pro-India lobby is opposing the sale.

The agency suggested that the provision of these aircraft will have no adverse impact on US defence readiness; however, it will help improve Islamabad’s capability to meet current and future security threats. “These additional F-16 aircraft will facilitate operations in all-weather, non-daylight environments, provide a self-defence/area suppression capability, and enhance Pakistan’s ability to conduct counter-insurgency and counterterrorism operations,” it said.

It also indicated that the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) will not have any difficulty to absorb the F-16 aircraft into its fleet. “This sale will increase the number of aircraft available to the PAF to sustain operations, meet monthly training requirements, and support transition training for pilots new to the Block-52.”

US envoy summoned: India outraged at sale of F-16 jets to Pakistan

The development comes after Indian expressed displeasure over the possible sale during a meeting between its Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar and US Ambassador in New Delhi, Richard Verma.

On Saturday, the spokesperson for India’s external affairs ministry also took to Twitter to express disappointment over the move. “We are disappointed at the decision of the Obama Administration to notify the sale of F-16 aircraft to Pakistan,” Vikas Swarup posted on the microblogging website.

I am not sure if pakistani posters delibratly overlook this fact or are utter,utter morons not to realize the simple fact that India has neutralized atleast 30 F 16s without firing a single missile in anger.Yet you morons keep crying or gloating, depending on the outcome, everytime this game is played.

What a brilliant example of non violence!!!
Since you display all the credentials to be honoured with a DSI title, perhaps you would enlighten us with your genius conclusion as when and how India managed to neutralize 30 F-16 while even the signal of 8 aircraft ia making you Indians run like a headless chicken.

Clowns will remain clowns looking to debate the inconsequential specifics instead of understanding the crux of the argument.
I am out got better things to do than needlessly argue with an obvious loon.

You carry on champ!!!

Issuing standard statements is norm, but as i said, i don't know why Bhartiis are going total d!ck this time. BREAKING: Pakistan row,India considers proposal to manufacture F-16 fighter jets under Make in india

Lockheed Martin not only offered the F-16V to India, but to manufacture them in India, presuming India buys enough aircraft.

India didn't show interest then, but seem to be interested now. If this motivated by sale of F-16s to Pakistan, it's a dumb thing for India to do. You buy an aircraft because you want it and need it, not because you want to deny you enemy.

Back
Top Bottom