What's new

If India makes more longrange ICBMs, Beijing may help Pakistan do the same, says Chinese state media

Bhai, very humbly,
Pakistan produces just 39 out of 94 defined missile technologies against India's 81 and China's 92. Tabeer kaise milegi?

For further, what's use of an ICBM for Pakistan? It won't give you anything except unnecessary diplomatic pressure.
Alone ICBMs can't make you dominant.

India can invoke pressure because it has a lot more of strategic/economic weapons & assets than ICBMs.

From nuclear triad to ABMs, SLBMs, QBMs, space program and conventional build up, India just broken the jinx of imbalance with P5 countries. It's neither aimed at Pakistan, nor it ever will be.

Pakistan may test even an SLV, but it isn't going make an ICBM in near future.
Mark my words.
Though, I'm a space enthusiast and would love to have an update on Pakistani SLV Program Taimur (not about 2015-16 scheduled flight from Tilla).

Go ahead, do it ASAP.:D

Khush toh ause hua jaise laddu mil gaye hon.
Can you please point out those 55 technologies that Pakistan can't produce as well as 81 that India produces on it's own?

Don't worry. We will do everything in our power to keep you in check. Today's test should take away all your doubts.
You are not keeping us in check except in your mind. Your tests matter naught to us, your programs matter naught to us. All your tests and programs will lead to Pakistan becoming at best a middling country/power.

Only a great power can keep India in check. That means only 5 countries for now.

By 2030, the only countries who will be able to pose any check to India will be US and China.

You are irrelevant to the world stage.

Doesn't effect India much. Pakistan already has the capability to hit most of India. But this action by china will violate International proliferation laws.
When you are Brahmosmisiles and other misiles with Russia, how come that doesn't violate proliferation laws?
Kahan sy ajaty ho yar tum munafiq log :mad:

Well, Pakistan already has a credible deterrent against India and has made its intention to use them very explicit. I'm sure that is factored into whatever planning the indian army and leadership does. As far as land based missiles go therefore an ICBM will add little offensive capability in regard to what the Pakistan army leadership believe (or project) as the main enemy - i.e. India (maybe Iran to a much lesser extent).

So spending money on this line of development is unlikely to yield any benefit - except a momentary feeling of prestige for the common man.

Most smaller countries (read: anyone other than USA / USSR and China to an extent) have achieved global clout due to economic development and soft power and importance as a source of goods / manufacturer of goods. Think Germany, Japan, UK, Chile, Canada, Australia, Singapore, Taiwan, (even Turkey for that matter) etc. To that end this expenditure - and developing, testing and deploying long range missiles is expensive - is entirely wasteful and pampers only the ego of some Lt. Col / Col who gets to be the CO of a newly raised missile unit. Such superfluous missile strength does not help ordinary folk and neither does it raise any international prestige - almost nobody who likes India takes into consideration the missile tech developed.

I know someone will accuse me of trolling or double-standards but IMO any public money diverted for unnecessary expenditure in the garb of national prestige or whatever is no better than theft or pilferage. This certainly qualifies as such an instance.

Last edited:
Pakistan current missile range can already cover whole of India. Any assistance by China to increase their range will raise questions on for what? whom? in the west and might invite some reaction as will be perceived threat.

Well, Pakistan already has a credible deterrent against India and has made its intention to use them very explicit. I'm sure that is factored into whatever planning the indian army and leadership does. As far as land based missiles go therefore an ICBM will add little offensive capability in regard to what the Pakistan army leadership believe (or project) as the main enemy - i.e. India (maybe Iran to a much lesser extent).

So spending money on this line of development is unlikely to yield any benefit - except a momentary feeling of prestige for the common man.

Most smaller countries (read: anyone other than USA / USSR and China to an extent) have achieved global clout due to economic development and soft power and importance as a source of goods / manufacturer of goods. Think Germany, Japan, UK, Chile, Canada, Australia, Singapore, Taiwan, (even Turkey for that matter) etc. To that end this expenditure - and developing, testing and deploying long range missiles is expensive - is entirely wasteful and pampers only the ego of some Lt. Col / Col who gets to be the CO of a newly raised missile unit.
The article say China will give so no development cost. India needs to test another and we will get it. Now go and press the red Button

Pakistan current missile range can already cover whole of India. Any assistance by China to increase their range will raise questions on for what? whom? in the west and might invite some reaction as will be perceived threat.
India was given this ICBM and was never developed, This was done to make China counter DPRK. Pakistan is being provided ICBM for Israel. Now you Get it.

The article say China will give so no development cost. India needs to test another and we will get it. Now go and press the red Button

Cost is not just the cost of the technology. There is a great deal of money in making the hardware, the control systems, the silos, paying the scientific staff - plus the usual T&D losses (read : corruption). Over time such costs can be quite high (For the Agni, R&D cost is estimated to be about Rs 3000-5000 crores and each unit is reported to cost Rs 30-50 crores. In comparison a state university in India has an annual budget of Rs 20-100 crores. So every time I come across a university that has a tough time due to lack of photocopiers, scanners, library, etc. I blame the money spent on such wasteful systems.

Cost is not just the cost of the technology. There is a great deal of money in making the hardware, the control systems, the silos, paying the scientific staff - plus the usual T&D losses (read : corruption). Over time such costs can be quite high (For the Agni, R&D cost is estimated to be about Rs 3000-5000 crores and each unit is reported to cost Rs 30-50 crores. In comparison a state university in India has an annual budget of Rs 20-100 crores. So every time I come across a university that has a tough time due to lack of photocopiers, scanners, library, etc. I blame the money spent on such wasteful systems.
If you want to be some one technical let me tell you this was a joke. lol but Using liquid hygrogen and Oxygen as fuel you can achieve more range. now about cost this is not our first missile. It was Indias first successful test. we have machinery and scientist to produce it and With China's help we will save the cost of development and time and China has Hyper Glide war heads with that give us more edge and Range. Plus we can also turn that program into sat launching platform.

Most smaller countries (read: anyone other than USA / USSR and China to an extent) have achieved global clout due to economic development and soft power and importance as a source of goods / manufacturer of goods. Think Germany, Japan, UK, Chile, Canada, Australia, Singapore, Taiwan, (even Turkey for that matter) etc. To that end this expenditure - and developing, testing and deploying long range missiles is expensive - is entirely wasteful and pampers only the ego of some Lt. Col / Col who gets to be the CO of a newly raised missile unit. Such superfluous missile strength does not help ordinary folk and neither does it raise any international prestige - almost nobody who likes India takes into consideration the missile tech developed.

I know someone will accuse me of trolling or double-standards but IMO any public money diverted for unnecessary expenditure in the garb of national prestige or whatever is no better than theft or pilferage. This certainly qualifies as such an instance.
We do not have a threat from India to an extent where they can bomb us back to stone age and that too without any repercussions what so ever. That threat is from somewhere else and needs to be addressed.

Back
Top Bottom