What's new

IDF/AF 2nd Best Air force in the World

Hi,

In the 60's, 70's the arab equipment was far inferior to that of the israelis----the mig 21's barely had loiter time of 1/2 hour where as the phantoms could play around for 3 plus hours----the arab air force simply didnot have the legs to do the job----neither they had the determination----nor they had they backs against the wall----. The israelis planes could fly anywhere to hit arab targets----the syrians and egyptian planes could barely have enough fuel to cross their own borders and fly into israeli air space and attack israeli cities.

I agree with man y of the posters.

Just food for thought everybody.

SOMEBODY said that ISRAEL has a massive ratio of engineers scientists per capita or ratio to population.

The israeli are a highly educated race.

AND FIGHTING for their very lives/existence..

ADD this to their awsome firepower and training you get a WORLD CLASS AIR POWER/MILITARY

by the way i agree indian air force is not in same class as IDF/AF...

we can certainly learn from them. !!!!

I won't give kudos for any achievement or anything regarding IDF, which is a terrorist organisation and should punished for murdering hundreds and hundreds of innocent Palestinian civilians.

The Israelis prevailed against the Arabs mainly due to poor tactics and training on part of Arab air forces and their own decisive strikes, aggressive tactics backed by full support of the western powers, whereas clearly it goes to show their capability and professionalism i wouldn't call them the second best because they have not been tested against a proven, battle tested and well trained air force which would try to bounce back even if IAF gains the upper hand (hypothetically).

anyways, that's my personal opinion.
No doubt they are good though.

They're also great for firewood! I heard Auchswitz was a very "Warm" place. :D

Yeah yeah, Anti-Semite police is on their way, i know. :police:

Anyway, i gotta agree that they're highly educated. After all, they gave birth to the "banking" system. Took all our valuables away and gave us a "Tradeable" receipt. (Which we now know as cash :P) So yeah, Kudos to them! Otherwise it would've been a problem for us to carry all that gold in our pockets!

As for their airforce, it's good for it's purpose. Defending the borders, bobming universities and innocent civilians. I'm sure they can't wait for their multi million dollar f-35 to use against 10 year old girls *hint hint* who would simply be playing in a "PUBLIC" play ground.
Bro, I believe u r in canada right? Would you do me a favour? Just step out of ur room, into the street and Scream the above line out aloud! Tell aloud that Israelis are good firewood! do it.

Please, We Muslims are not anti semitic, they are people of the book, we can marry their women and they dont need to change their religion also. We can eat the meat they slaughter and it Halal. Yes Kosher is Halal! Look we aint Anti semitic, I hate the Israeli Govt for what they are doing in palestine, but thats what happens when no one in the neighborhood has balls.

Most Muslims now a days, Enjoy western culture, Get drunk, Get laid with western chix (if they get the chance) and wake up and sit in front of the computer venting out their so called "frustration"! We need to Reform, Reform we Must.

Yes IDF and AF are certainly one of the best. But give PAF, IAF the same stuff and they will beat the hell out of them. PAF pilots have downed Israeli jets, in the past. They are not invincible, nothing is.

I thought we were discussing the capabilities of IDF in this thread.

Isreal operate an exteremly competent airforce. In terms of total number of airframes and personnel they are comparable in many respects to the RAF.

The F16 remains the jewel in crown for the IAF, which remains an extremely versatile, durable and airworthy craft, and this has been acquired in large numbers.

For the UK, the Tornado developed especially for theatre Europe has proven to be a world class workhorse (with a unique payload), earning exceptional praise from all quarters, while fresh acquisition programs for Typhoon and the JSF program (F-35) lead the next technological frontier for rapid interceptor and the VTOL concept pioneered by the unique Harrier. A program for an updated replacement for the Tornado is already underway, although nothing is likely to be announced for some time, allowing for a full appraisal of the most modern stealth and technological innovations.

The IAF remain a fully capable and forward looking force, valued, but to categorise them as the 2nd best Air Force in the world....

:azn:

Last edited:
In 60's and 70's they were superior to the arabs I agree with MK's post. After 80's they have mostly fought against Palestinians and Lebanese with no airforce or modern weapons to challenge them. Still IAF has failed to stop rockets coming into Israel. This I shall consider as a failure since with no opposition from the ground or air they should have achieved this by now. I know there are people who would give reasons for this but a failure is a failure.

Also PAF pilots shot down IAF fighters and also arabs had some success against them. In 1973 US had to physically intervene to help them. This also deny the claim.

Therefore I do not consider them second best airforce in the world. There are multiple factors involved while giving any airforce ranking.

if we can get 80 J 10, 100 F 16, 250 JF 17 Thunder, 70 J 11B, 5 SAAB AWACS, PAF can challange Israeli fighter jets anyday and i hope our govt and paf use their minds and go for jxx project they are wasting money on3 gen jf 17 and im sure if paf pilots can get saudi arabian Eurofighters and F 15, UAE 60 block F 16 ,UAE Mirage2000 and UAE rafale we can destroy IAF

and even if we can jointly attack israeli airforce we can destroy it remember the turks they have huge airforce too

if TURKISH AIRFORCE, PAF, SAUDIARABIAN AIRFORCE, UAE AIRFORCE, EGYPT AIRFORCE, KUWAIT AIRFORCE, IRANIAN AIRFORCE, we can easily destroy not only israeli airforce evn their army and navy and even bomb hole isral and make a big hole in the soil of israel

remember what type of fighter jets these airforces possses

PAF
JF 17 Thunder 250
F 16 70
J 10 50
Mirage 60
A 5 fantan 30
F 7 PG 120

TURKEY
F 16C/D 160
F4E 40
F35 30

SAUDI ARABIA

EUROFIGHTER TYPHOON 70
F 15 /SC/D 120
TORNADO 50

UAE
F 16 BLOCK 60 40
MIRAGE 200 33

IRAN
F4 E 177
F5E 145
F14 TOMACAT 33
SU 24MKS 22
SU30MKI 120
J 10 60

KUWAIT
F18 HORNET 32

EGYPT
F 16 30
MIRAGE 2000 23
MIRAGE 5 30
MIG 21 42
F7 44
ISRAELI IS NO MATCH

and even if we can jointly attack israeli airforce we can destroy it remember the turks they have huge airforce too

PAF
JF 17 Thunder 250
F 16 70
J 10 50
Mirage 60
A 5 fantan 30
F 7 PG 120

Did I sleep for 15 years or are you forecasting 2024 numbers??

PAF has 9 or 10 JF-17s and zero J-10s

but if PAF push the order of J 10 they can get it in space of one year

if we can get 80 J 10, 100 F 16, 250 JF 17 Thunder, 70 J 11B, 5 SAAB AWACS, PAF can challange Israeli fighter jets anyday and i hope our govt and paf use their minds and go for jxx project they are wasting money on3 gen jf 17 and im sure if paf pilots can get saudi arabian Eurofighters and F 15, UAE 60 block F 16 ,UAE Mirage2000 and UAE rafale we can destroy IAF

This is too way optimastic claim to consider in a first place. First of all both Isreali and Indian airforce have the decades of experience of piloting some othe the cutting edge and agile fighter jets in the world, more importantly most of them are BVR equipped and have some of the state of the art avionics. PAF first need to go through the transition phase which takes some time, only thereafter you can hope PAF to dominate both this airforces.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom