What's new

IDEF 2013 Turkey: Updates & Discussions

FNSS :)

FNSS_Kaplan.jpg

tH4usym.jpg

367zO4g.jpg

The Kaplan light tracked armoured vehicle STA-Px anti-tank configuration.

Under development for the past six to eight months, the prototype 10-tonne vehicle on display features rubber tracks, Rocketsan OMTaS missiles and a 12.7mm calibre heavy machine gun.

The Kaplan is powered by a four-stroke, 350hp diesel engine, which is located at the rear of the vehicle allowing the commander and driver to sit side-by-side in the front section. The crew enter and exit via a door at the rear.

Under the normal configuration, the commander would be situated behind the driver, restricting his view. This configuration includes eight periscopes, providing more than 180 degrees field of view for both the driver and commande.

The rubber tracks lowered the vehicle’s noise signature, allowing it to be used in the reconnaissance role, while the positioning of the engine at the rear lowered its thermal signature.

The Kaplan can be equipped with either ballistic steel or ceramic armour and provides protection to NATO STANAG 4569 Level 4. The company is offering two engine options for the vehicle while the STA-Px anti-tank configuration can carry a maximum of five crew members.

FNSS_Kaplan.jpg

Look behind it, Therei is another vehicle with 'Korkut' on it. Thats our new beauthy beast. Damn when are we going to get some quality pictures of weapons we actually care about.

Cobra-2

BexTzg5.png

Pay attention to Aselsan Spaag far back and A new naval radar poster at right side of image

3qHvcoU.jpg

It seems that Korkut is bigger variant of ACV-S. It means FNSS will lost the competition against Otokar. FNSS with bigger Akinci can't compete with Tulpar of Otokar. FNSS has a great chance cause of signed agreement with Aselsan way before than IDEF 2013 to supply Korkut for SPAAG project. Otherwise, Otokar would have crushed FNSS with Tulpar at tender.

FNSS_Kaplan.jpg

tulpar1_6192.jpg

@cabatli_53

I cannot understand why they take ACV-300 and make it bigger etc.

They have too a Partnership with BAE Systems ,they can put Armadilo or something like the new GCV.

But they have choose already Korkut as the new SPAAG Vehicle ,are they able to change it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Otokar predicted the new product disturbance quite well so revealed Tulpar before fair as a strategic step. With this way, Awareness level of public for Otokar's new monsters have boomed suddenly. At present, The eyes who become witness of new design Tulpar's beauty, will never like any other products that have similarities with previous variants. That's why FNSS needs to hide Korkut behind new Kaplan.

but If I were in IDEF, I wanted to ask FNSS engineers that Was it that Korkut design which you claimed to develop a state of art light tank (Heavy IFV) which will be on par with KMW PUMA during the time you were begging SSM to get the winner of Aselsan's SPAAG program carriage chassis ?

Otokar predicted the new product disturbance so revealed Tulpar before fair as a strategic step. With this way, Awareness level of public for Otokar's new monsters have boomed suddenly. At present, The eyes who become witness of new design Tulpar's beauty, will never like any other products that have similarities with previous variants. That's why FNSS needs to hide Korkut behind new Kaplan.

but If I were in IDEF, I wanted to ask FNSS engineers that Was it that Korkut design which you claimed to develop a state of art light tank (Heavy IFV) which will be on par with KMW PUMA before begging SSM to get the winner of Aselsan's SPAAG program carriage chassis ?

Im really dissapointed at that Point ,they best thing is ,they give them a New Name -.-

@cabatli_53

I cannot understand why they take ACV-300 and make it bigger etc.

They have too a Partnership with BAE Systems ,they can put Armadilo or something like the new GCV.

But they have choose already Korkut as the new SPAAG Vehicle ,are they able to change it ?

Musti, BAE has share in FNSS cause of economical reasons not for technological partnership. Nobody shares own technolgy with others. Take a look TEI. What GE shares with them until now excluding some offsets ? What FNSS develops are based on their talented R&D's Turkish engineers capabilities. When FNSS managed to export own designed product, BAE's salivas start licking... That's what they call as partnership. Rest is about Turkish engineers' capabilities and R&D funds...

Last edited by a moderator:
Think positive !!! At least, Our industry developed a new 10 tonnes weapon carriagec called Kaplan which will be on par/better than German Wiesel or Britisch Scorpion...

Up side: FNSS PARS
Downside: FNSS Akinci

I like that design. :)

FNSS_Kaplan.jpg

Musti, BAE has share in FNSS cause of economical reasons not for technological partnership. Nobody shares own technolgy with others. Take a look TEI. What GE shares with them until now excluding some offsets ? What FNSS develops are based on their talented R&D's Turkish engineers capabilities. When FNSS managed to export own designed product, BAE's salivas start licking... That's what they call as partnership. Rest is about Turkish engineers' capabilities and R&D funds...

Why they not change the Design of the Korkut ? I mean we see a evolution of Pars to AV-8.

That was a Great Job from FNSS.

Why they fail on Korkut ? And they call it " The Future IFV etc. "

Think positive !!! At least, Our industry developed a new 10 tonnes weapon carriagec called Kaplan which will be on par/better than German Wiesel or Britisch Scorpion...

FNSS_Kaplan.jpg

IT´s better then British Scorpion or Wiesel.

Protection : STANAG 4569 Level 4

Don´t forget ,it´s a new System :)

xHxg7dM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom