What's new

IDEF 2013 Turkey: Updates & Discussions

For the first time in the history of the military-industrial complex of Azerbaijan the Azerbaijani military vehicle production will be shown at an international exhibition.

APA reports that the special operations forces and law enforcement patrol vehicle called the “Gyurza” will be on display from 7 to 10 May at the International Defence Exhibition IDEF-2013 in Istanbul.

The vehicle will be offered with full arms.

“Gyurza” made on the basis of the 12-th model Toyota HILOYX, a 4×4 all-wheel drive and is able to afford to carry 2500 kg of cargo. At the top of the machine is one machine gun 12.7 mm caliber, capable of hitting the target, rotating 360 degrees and fire at an angle of 45 degrees. On each side there are 2 machine gun 7.62 mm with a great capacity. Armament car can also recharge automatic grenade launcher and other means. The machine is equipped with a powerful motor-road – 114 horsepower.

The crew are 5 people including the driver and commander.

With all my respect, I cannot see any other customer but some of the oil-rich Arab states and maybe Hollywood for using it in some action movie. Tacticoolness at its finest.

IDEF%20INVITATION%20rv1%20copy.jpg

Don't forget to cover Jordanian products :D

Unfortunately no Turk from PDF will be there :frown:

I expect interesting unveilings in IDEX 2013 :

-SPAAG turret
-35-40 ton FNSS vehicle for SPAAG turret
-It is said to be there is a ramjet engine project going on for a year now my guess(hope) is they will make SOM supersonic.
-OMTAS and UMTAS anti-tank missiles
-Sign ceremony for ANKA MALE UAV serial production(10 units)

...and if we are really lucky :

-Low-Altitude and Middle-Altitude missile prototypes
-P3 for Altay MBT

I think

-Concept design of TF-X,
-Aselsan/FNSS SPAAG turret+new chassis is certain,
-Further variants of SOM will be revealed
-Aselsan new radar system (Land based)
-Aselsan new aierial and land based phased array electronic attack jammer system
-Detail design and CAFRAD
-Near final prototype of Altay P3 instead of low quality plastic model
-ATMACA anti-ship missile
-UMTAS-ER
-OMTAS with real launhers
-KMTAS missile design mock-up
-Low altitude and Medium Altitude SAM missiles mock-up's
-Kasirga-G guided 300mm artillery rockets
-New FLIR systems
-Akya Torpedos
-5 tonnes ANKA design

-ATMACA anti-ship missile

I dont understand the point of Atmaca : Can't we simply use SOM cruise missile as an anti-ship ? Its already posses same range and speed of Harpoons(anti-ship missile) in our invetory just put a ramjet on it , increase its speed to Mach 3+ and that it! You have an excellent anti-ship missile.

I hope this time we will see finally the MPT 1-2.

I dont understand the point of Atmaca : Can't we simply use SOM cruise missile as an anti-ship ? Its already posses same range and speed of Harpoons(anti-ship missile) in our invetory just put a ramjet on it , increase its speed to Mach 3+ and that it! You have an excellent anti-ship missile.

I have been wondering the exact same thing. Something along the lines of Norwegian NSM/JSM.

As of today; IDEF 2013 has reached 35.000 sqm in 10 halls with more than 800 companies from 49 countries.

The delegation program consisting of 335 distinguished guests from 66 countries has completed and 27 Defence Ministers, 11 Deputy Ministers, 2 Chief of General Staff, 2 Deputy Chief of General Staff, 7 Undersecretaries has already confirmed their participations.

Previously 633 companies (212 domestic and 421 foreign) from 46 countries has participated in IDEF 2011

Back
Top Bottom