What's new

IDEF 2013-Turkey: TAI reveals fifth generation fighter designs

BronzePlaque

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) has displayed concept designs for Turkey's indigenous fifth generation F-X fighter programme at the IDEF 2013 defence exhibition, the first they have been shown publically.

TAI displayed images of three different potential single seat concept designs: a single engine, conventionally laid out aircraft; a single engine aircraft, equipped with canards; and a twin engine, conventionally laid out fighter.

All three concepts feature elements traditionally associated with fifth generation aircraft, including a design optimised for low radar cross-sectional density, internal weapons bays, and the ability to super cruise, Huseyin Yagci, TAI's chief engineer on the F-X programme told IHS Jane's at IDEF.

According to Yagci, the two single engine concepts will have a maximum take-off weight of between 50,000 lb and 60,000 lb, while the twin engine aircraft will have a maximum take-off weight of between 60,000 lb and 70,000 lb.

The future F-X fighter is intended to eventually replace Turkey's Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon aircraft, and other aircraft, and will augment the country's planned buy of 100 Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) aircraft.

imageDisplay.ashx

IDEF 2013: TAI reveals fifth generation fighter designs

The plan is that they will be operational sometime in the early 2020s and compliment Turkey's fleet of 116 U.S.-made F-35 Joint Strike Fighters.
But a big question remains for nations developing manned stealth jets: Are they even needed given the advent of stealth drones like the U.S. Navy's X-47B, France's nEUROn and Britain's Taranis that can perform reconnaissance and ground attack missions -- and even land on aircraft carrier decks? One can only imagine what unmanned planes under development 10 years from now will be capable of doing.

http://killerapps.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/05/09/pic_of_the_day_turkey_is_trying_to_join_the_stealth_fighter_club

At ir.t.tab

This is an example of overnight propaganda:
Look at the ww2 style of hurkus,the best Turkish avionic product.
Now jumping to fifth generation from a ww2 plane.

An example of AKP propaganda.

@farag

Do you want citizenship of Turkey my man?

Really your sticking so much in the Turkish section, if you want i can fix you a residency.

Last edited by a moderator:
at @farag, you are comparing a basic jet trainer aircraft(Hurkus) with a 5th Generation aircraft design...Go troll somewhere else

at @farag, you are comparing a basic jet trainer aircraft(Hurkus) with a 5th Generation aircraft design...Go troll somewhere else

No one jumps into fifth generation. Military technology does not come overnight.

I am your friend that is why I care to comment.

Nah, @farag is just here to troll...He has no contribution to PDF, just lurking in Turkish section to troll...I wonder why he has not been banned yet

@farag

Do you want citizenship of Turkey my man?

Really your sticking so much in the Turkish section, if you want i can fix you a residency.

Thank you my friend. Turkey has beautiful nature and I love nature.

Sadly I have US citizenship and have a job here.

No one jumps into fifth generation. Military technology does not come overnight.

I am your friend that is why I care to comment.

The plan is that they will be operational sometime in the early 2020s..Not overnight you idiot...At least read the article before trolling

The plan is that they will be operational sometime in the early 2020s..Not overnight you idiot...At least read the article before trolling

That is very soon bro. Read more about fifth generation and current status of turkey.

Thank you my friend. Turkey has beautiful nature and I love nature.

Sadly I have US citizenship and have a job here.

To bad. I thought i could convince to bring you over, since you were so Interested in Turkey.

I would make you a hardcore Turkish and you would had a mustache like this in a month.

IMG_2754.jpg

To bad. I thought i could convince to bring you over, since you were so Interested in Turkey.

I would make you a hardcore Turkish and you would had a mustache like this in a month.

IMG_2754.jpg

I believe Cemil Ipekci style mustache would be better for our new friend @farag

cemil-ipekci-bijuteri-fuari-nin-acilisini-yapti-3936038_1079_b.jpg

At ir.t.tab

This is an example of overnight propaganda:
Look at the ww2 style of hurkus,the best Turkish avionic product.
Now jumping to fifth generation from a ww2 plane.

An example of AKP propaganda.

Hey man put the sign @ before my name, I wont miss your calling!

Lets start with Hurkus:

The HÜRKUŞ contract has been signed on 15 March 2006 between SSM and TAI. The Program is constituted of 6 phases. In July 2006 Preliminary Definition Review, in December 2006 Conceptual Design Review, in August 2007 Preliminary Design Review and in April 2009 Critical Design Review phases have been accomplished.

Still Production and Test Readiness Review activities are continued. Then, Test-Certification phase will be performed. According to the schedule of the Program, first flight is planned in November 2012 and the type certificate will be issued at the end of 2012.

Detailed information about the HÜRKUŞ Program is available at https://www.tai.com.tr/en/project/hurkus

And about 5th generation fighter project:

Before diving to the procedure of development of such a fighter, Turkey has decided to evaluate the possibility of indigenous capability. So official launch a program called: "Conceptual Design Project"

The project has been initiated on September 29th 2011. For a period of 2 years, based on the Turkish Air Force’s Jet Trainer and Fighter Aircaft requirements the following activities will be studied:

- Determining TurAF future Operational Requirements
- Requirement analysis studies
- Conceptual design of the aircraft and systems
- Researching the National Capacity and Capabilities.
- International Corporation models

At the end of the contract, the schedule and the budget of the development program will be estimated and submitted to SSM and TurAF for the further decisions.

Hiiim, two years of extensive study just to know is it possible or not!

I want to know which logic in the world could call this manner propaganda? You failed again farag!

Hey man put the sign @ before my name, I wont miss your calling!

Lets start with Hurkus:

The HÜRKUŞ contract has been signed on 15 March 2006 between SSM and TAI. The Program is constituted of 6 phases. In July 2006 Preliminary Definition Review, in December 2006 Conceptual Design Review, in August 2007 Preliminary Design Review and in April 2009 Critical Design Review phases have been accomplished.

Still Production and Test Readiness Review activities are continued. Then, Test-Certification phase will be performed. According to the schedule of the Program, first flight is planned in November 2012 and the type certificate will be issued at the end of 2012.

Detailed information about the HÜRKUŞ Program is available at https://www.tai.com.tr/en/project/hurkus

And about 5th generation fighter project:

Before diving to the procedure of development of such a fighter, Turkey has decided to evaluate the possibility of indigenous capability. So official launch a program called: "Conceptual Design Project"

The project has been initiated on September 29th 2011. For a period of 2 years, based on the Turkish Air Force’s Jet Trainer and Fighter Aircaft requirements the following activities will be studied:

- Determining TurAF future Operational Requirements
- Requirement analysis studies
- Conceptual design of the aircraft and systems
- Researching the National Capacity and Capabilities.
- International Corporation models

At the end of the contract, the schedule and the budget of the development program will be estimated and submitted to SSM and TurAF for the further decisions.

Hiiim, two years of extensive study just to know is it possible or not!

I want to know which logic in the world could call this manner propaganda? You failed again farag!

Not a valid reason to jump to fifth generation from a primitive stage.
Make something like JF17 first, then you can think of the rest.
As I said before:
Read more, comment less. Thank you points will not matter after all. Go for the honesty and truth.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom