Status
Not open for further replies.

RAMPAGE

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
IDEAS 2014

ideas_logo.png

IDEAS, a biennially held defence exhibition, will once again bring together all the industry's players across the globe to showcase the latest technological innovations.

The IDEAS-2014 team will welcome you at Karachi Expo Centre for the 8th International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (IDEAS) event from 1 to 4 December 2014. The IDEAS 2014, being the most strategically important event of the region, will once again bring together all the industry's players across the globe to showcase the latest technological innovations. The 4 days of the Show are exclusively for trade visitors and high official defence delegates.

THE REGIONAL DEFENCE MARKET

The most volatile geopolitical region of Asia is one of the largest markets for Defence Products. In a bid to effectively meet the new challenge posed by the transformed regional and global security dynamics, the Asia as well as governments of the neighboring continent of Africa allocates significant budgets for modernization and up-gradation programs for their armed forces.

@Dazzler @AhaseebA

So what kind of new toys should we expect this year :D ???

How about the new assault rifle for PAK army?

HIT plans to showcase AK-KHALID I MBT during IDEAS 2014 in December

Daksg Nakra, Kuala Lumpur - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
22 April 2014

Officials from Pakistan's Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT) disclosed new information about the greatly anticipated Al Khalid-Improved (I) main battle tank (MBT) during the recent DSA 2014 exhibition held in Kuala Lumpur.

Brigadier Ghulam Murtaza Qureshi (rtd), HIT's director of budget, marketing and procurement, told IHS Jane's that the development is being fast-tracked and the company plans to showcase the tank during the International Defence Exhibition and Seminar 2014 (IDEAS 2014) in Islamabad in December.

The development of the new MBT began earlier in the decade and Qureshi said it is around 50% complete. Some reports suggested it was being co-developed with China's NORINCO and was a version of China's MBT-3000.

HIT reveals new information on Al Khalid-I MBT - IHS Jane's 360

According to Brigadier Ghulam Murtaza Qureshi (rtd), HIT's director of budget, marketing and procurement, the design concept of the Al Khalid-I is primarily based on further refining and improving mobility, firepower and protection. Initially, the design featured around 10 major changes over the Al Khalid hull, but due to rising costs and budgetary constraints, this has been reduced to six.

These include a new 1,500 bhp power pack to improve its power-to-weight ratio and a digital driver manual. The HIT official confirmed that it would retain the 125 mm smoothbore barrel. As of April 2014, trials are under way to finalise the new power pack. These details concur with comments at IDEAS 2012 by a senior official at Pakistan's Ministry of Defence Procurement who told said that an improved version would feature a more powerful diesel power pack, improved command and control and better night-fighting capabilities.

HIT plans to complete trials of the Al Khalid-I with the Pakistani Army by the first quarter of 2015 and based on results, it is hoping to achieve low rate initial production by June 2015. HIT currently has the capability to roll out 20-40 Al Khalid MBTs a year, suggesting it will look to achieve a similar production schedule for the improved version.

@DESERT FIGHTER @Zarvan @Pakistanisage @Oscar @Dillinger @AUz @Hyperion

I have to say that i'm excited.
This seriously pisses me off

Initially, the design featured around 10 major changes over the Al Khalid hull, but due to rising costs and budgetary constraints, this has been reduced to six.

WTH ???

btw aero, you guys sending a representative or something ???

Excited for Al khalid NG aswell as Info related to Suparco SLV/PSLV model

Which city, Karachi?

@Zarvan

I don't expect much cosmetic changes. It may have similar features to MBT-3000 though i doubt it would be the 'same' as AK is heavier.

Which city, Karachi?

@Zarvan

I don't expect much cosmetic changes. It may have similar features to MBT-3000 though i doubt it would be the 'same' as AK is heavier.
Aero you naraz wimme :(

Which city, Karachi?

@Zarvan

Well we can't say China is also developing another Tank I think it could be that one too because their are no news on that or they are just helping Pakistan on it and they want Pakistan to reveal it I think their would be lot of changes or completely new Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom