What's new

ICHR member calls Indian Leftists Jihad-friendly

Nicky G

Reaction score
Country
India

Indian Leftists have been Jihad-friendly and the state patronised their views post-Independence, said a new Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR) member on Sunday in a stinging attack on Left-leaning historians who were at the forefront of history writing since the 1970s.

ICHR member and retired Hansraj college associate professor of history, Saradindu Mukherji, told HT that some historians had been terribly biased and had a political agenda which helped them career-wise.

“In India, it was just not Left … I would call it Jihad-friendly Left. Hence, they had to take a definitely anti-Hindu line, decry every positive aspect of our ancient civilization,” he said, reprising a growing chorus against Leftist historians since the NDA came to power last May.

Mukherji saw a bias in the way medieval history has been written. “Hindus suffered terribly at the hands of their Islamic conquerors and rulers,” he said. “Look at the records and not the propagandist books, doctoral dissertations, and you find every such activity of destruction of temples, discrimination, forced conversion is either being smothered or rationalised if not justified, too.

He took on Christian missionaries and minced no words to support ghar wapsi or homecoming. “For Christian missionaries (exceptions apart), conversion of heathens is an important objective. Once you allow people belonging to certain predatory religions to tell Hindus that they have false gods and only they have true gods … and so they should abandon their ghar … there would be problems,” he said.

“By that logic, Hindus must go back to these victims of false theology and tell them that they should return to their parental homes...”

To him, Mother Teresa is “indeed a controversial figure”.

He said the proportional decline of Hindus, as indicated by reports on the latest census, needed to be reversed. “We can’t afford another religion-based partition.”

Silly point. Should we call members in the last decade Italian appointed?
surely you can call anything you want.. news should show the bias of the guy who is talking about other's bias..
for example 'RSS affiliated professor says Indian muslims are pro pakistani'...is a news which people can understand...makes sense.. why say 'Mr Joshi a physics professor of reputed central funded university says..' it hides certain info.

finally someone told the truth, btw commies are not only gayhadi friendly but also naxal and maoist friendy.

I believe that is more well known and even better accepted, the jihadi angle not so much.

surely you can call anything you want.. news should show the bias of the guy who is talking about other's bias..
for example 'RSS affiliated professor says Indian muslims are pro pakistani'...is a news which people can understand...makes sense.. why say 'Mr Joshi a physics professor of reputed central funded university says..' it hides certain info.

If only news reflected bias, we'd be living in a different India. It obviously does not. Case in point the recent maligning of Hindu organization for attacks on Christians when nothing of the sort happened and utter silence when the truth starts to come out.

You are free to keep inserting your qualifications to news items though. See how much it helps you when not in power.

finally someone told the truth, btw commies are not only gayhadi friendly but also naxal and maoist friendy.

I am proud to welcome the latest Internet Hindu Pandit to attract notice. The refinement and perspicacity of analysis that determines that commies are not only gayhadi friendly but also naxal (Communist Party of India - Marxist- Leninist, Communist Party of India - Maoist, Maoist Communist Centre, People's War Group) friendly, and, of course, Maoist friendly.

In other words, footwear is not only worn on the feet, it also includes slippers and boots.

Dazzling.

Indian Leftists have been Jihad-friendly and the state patronised their views post-Independence, said a new Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR) member on Sunday in a stinging attack on Left-leaning historians who were at the forefront of history writing since the 1970s.

ICHR member and retired Hansraj college associate professor of history, Saradindu Mukherji, told HT that some historians had been terribly biased and had a political agenda which helped them career-wise.

“In India, it was just not Left … I would call it Jihad-friendly Left. Hence, they had to take a definitely anti-Hindu line, decry every positive aspect of our ancient civilization,” he said, reprising a growing chorus against Leftist historians since the NDA came to power last May.

Mukherji saw a bias in the way medieval history has been written. “Hindus suffered terribly at the hands of their Islamic conquerors and rulers,” he said. “Look at the records and not the propagandist books, doctoral dissertations, and you find every such activity of destruction of temples, discrimination, forced conversion is either being smothered or rationalised if not justified, too.

He took on Christian missionaries and minced no words to support ghar wapsi or homecoming. “For Christian missionaries (exceptions apart), conversion of heathens is an important objective. Once you allow people belonging to certain predatory religions to tell Hindus that they have false gods and only they have true gods … and so they should abandon their ghar … there would be problems,” he said.

“By that logic, Hindus must go back to these victims of false theology and tell them that they should return to their parental homes...”

To him, Mother Teresa is “indeed a controversial figure”.

He said the proportional decline of Hindus, as indicated by reports on the latest census, needed to be reversed. “We can’t afford another religion-based partition.”
He is a Bengali, if I am not wrong...

:D

In any case, he is not pointing fingers at the entire left, center or right but at a particular group whose POV (according to him) has been far too accommodating to the Islamists.

In any case, he is not pointing fingers at the entire left, center or right but at a particular group whose POV (according to him) has been far too accommodating to the Islamists.

Would seem to be, I am glad about that having studied in Kolkata, I have been sad to see the decline. :(

Its mostly the people at the top, the political appointees who have done the most damage for their personal gains, either in their career or based on their ideologies.

Its already late in the game for a course correction, but you have to start somewhere. It will be a long process though and we need the appropriate government at the center.

Have you heard of 'chopt logic'?

Would seem to be, I am glad about that having studied in Kolkata, I have been sad to see the decline. :(

Its mostly the people at the top, the political appointees who have done the most damage for their personal gains, either in their career or based on their ideologies.

Its already late in the game for a course correction, but you have to start somewhere. It will be a long process though and we need the appropriate government at the center.
History is a dangerous game. A certain bias will always be there. But eventually most of it needs to go. The idea to question every 'fact' taught to kids in school should be the first lesson. Growing up (if they wish and have the interest) they will dig up any information they feel inadequate or intend to challenge.

The Internet has done a wonder, has it not? :)

Have you heard of 'chopt logic'?
Yeah came across it somewhere, can't recollect - a corruption of 'chopped logic', is it not?

History is a dangerous game. A certain bias will always be there. But eventually most of it needs to go. The idea to question every 'fact' taught to kids in school should be the first lesson. Growing up (if they wish and have the interest) they will dig up any information they feel inadequate or intend to challenge.

Yeah came across it somewhere, can't recollect - a corruption of 'chopped logic', is it not?

The Internet has bred intellectual retards.

Absolutely. Even a tiny fraction of what's now readily accessible to millions would not have been the case without the net. Perhaps even more importantly, people would feel isolated in their point of view at odds with the official version, now they can connect with like minded people.

Well as they say, history is written by winners. In India, Nehru won, so we to this day study the version he'd want us to, though I believe even he'd disgusted at what passes for norm, particularly in the media.

My sense is around the world, history is taught in a dull manner precisely so that students don't get too interested and start really digging for themselves, though that's perhaps a different and broader topic.

The Internet has bred intellectual retards.
Not entirely. It has given the already and forever existing 'retards' a voice.

In any case, I am in agreement with this gentleman here on this issue. There have been continuous allegations from the Left (barring a few) that Right wing historians are fascists and what not. Perhaps a personal grudge, a lifelong experience, who knows?

Anyway, how do you do sir? :) Long time no see.

Back
Top Bottom