What's new

ICBM's (Intercontinental ballistic missiles)

It is an offensive weapon. If Pakistan's military is only for defensive purposes then it has no business in keeping ICBMS. All it needs is a missile that can counter India.

India has no such statements, saying its military is of defensive nature. The development of an ICBM is a natural progression. I suspect, India will declare its ICBM's around the year 2020. It would have enough military and economic clout by then to withstand any pressure that the world might exert on India on such a declaration. Surya ICBM is under development, though this is a rumour.

BTW how does it keep a strategic and tactical balance, if India develops a cruise missile? I mean if it is developed, it is obviously not for Pakistan. Ditto for Pakistan. Its ICBM is of no use in India, where smaller missiles would do the job. So how is it to keep the balance?

Count us as offensive nation, happy now? But whatever you say, if they are working on it, they will develop it, no matter how much you shout or propagate. I give you a sincere advice, why don't you start working on some real missiles IRBM's rather than threatening people with missiles which are useless according to your own media.

I agree with you there as they failed in that respect, But a muslim nation having the capability to strike with nuclear warheads into america or europe, I dont think they will just stand by and let u achieve that capability.

You mean to say, the Christian nations have that right to threat the whole world? Or a Hindu nation is allow to have it? But only problem is if a Muslim nation has it then it is not acceptable? Who has actually used this deadly weapon in the world, killing hundred of thousands? On the point of nuclear threat from stolen warheads, do you know whose 11 warhead went missing, without a trace last year?

^^ Bravo for acting like a troll. So typical, isn't there anything you do with your life instead of insulting Pakistani members here ? :hitwall:

pic_1369114905.jpg

in the summer of 2013 in the White Sea is planned to begin testing a new ballistic missile "Skif", able to be on standby on the sea and ocean floor and shoot at the right moment and hit the ground, and maritime facilities. "Skif" uses the depth of the ocean as a kind of shaft installation. A deployment of such systems on the sea floor will provide the necessary invulnerability weapons of retaliation.

pic_1369114905.jpg

in the summer of 2013 in the White Sea is planned to begin testing a new ballistic missile "Skif", able to be on standby on the sea and ocean floor and shoot at the right moment and hit the ground, and maritime facilities. "Skif" uses the depth of the ocean as a kind of shaft installation. A deployment of such systems on the sea floor will provide the necessary invulnerability weapons of retaliation.

Seriously? At those depths? Not to mention it can be stolen if location is found out.

Seriously? At those depths? Not to mention it can be stolen if location is found out.

There were no official information. But you realy think it is possible to find this thing in the ocean?

There were no official information. But you realy think it is possible to find this thing in the ocean?

Somebody has to keep records of the location. Not to mention drop it in the ocean in the first place. Someone will notice.

Somebody has to keep records of the location. Not to mention drop it in the ocean in the first place. Someone will notice.

What records? Who notice? Even to find submarine it is difficult. That missle will just lie on the floor in passive regime - no signals. And of corse - it will detonate if someone will try to steal it.

What records? Who notice? Even to find submarine it is difficult. That missle will just lie on the floor in passive regime - no signals. And of corse - it will detonate if someone will try to steal it.

So you saying they going to drop a large missile into the ocean without nobody knowing where it is at just for maintenance or repairs? And dropping multiple missiles can be noticeable. And you don't have to find a submarine in the vast ocean, have to wait for them to come out. Remember how we recover some parts of the submarine K129. Same submarine you guys couldn't find.

So you saying they going to drop a large missile into the ocean without nobody knowing where it is at just for maintenance or repairs? And dropping multiple missiles can be noticeable. And you don't have to find a submarine in the vast ocean, have to wait for them to come out. Remember how we recover some parts of the submarine K129. Same submarine you guys couldn't find.

This missle can be drooped from every large ship - quite a bit to rebuild it. May be discharged directly from the hold.

This missle can be drooped from every large ship - quite a bit to rebuild it. May be discharged directly from the hold.

Large ships? Only structures such as oil rigs can drop such missiles IMO. Also the engineering challenge will be huge. Is Russia doing it for the first time? What's the need of such missiles when U have a Triad and a sophisticated SSBN fleet. Your Nuclear second strike and security of your weapons are already assured.

Btw I know its off topic. But are U pro-soviet? I know its perfectly natural for a russian to be one but what do U think the modern Ukaranian/Beralusian perception is about the USSR. Do they regret the fall of the union? What's your opinion?

Back
Top Bottom