What's new

ICBM's (Intercontinental ballistic missiles)

melb4aust

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
US​

1.LGM-118A Peacekeeper

eadb1e025cbbf81b13d75c949176c009.jpg

44982fe30ea22843fc0a06e630642c51.jpg

Way of Transport:
f35312fa4c8477177e6f99964578f242.jpg

4afcd278910847eebed15461f4bb110f.jpg

Video:http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/icbm/pk_lnch.avi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGM-118A_Peacekeeper

2. MGM-134 Midgetman

c922d639d472cdbaf8443e5b29ff5bc9.jpg

Way of Transport:
d3ecb643de6f1c6bad63e28824c95bcd.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midgetman_missile

The five nations with permanent seats on the United Nations Security Council currently have operational ICBM systems: Russia, China, the United States, France, and the United Kingdom.

India and Pakistan both have IRBMs but are also developing ICBMs. North Korea is believed to be developing an ICBM; two tests of somewhat different developmental missiles in 1998 and 2006 were not fully successful.

source: Wikepedia.com

why would pakistan need an ICBM

1st, to keep the strategical & tactical balance in the area if india developes one, 2ndly to enhance its defensive capabilities around the globe in order to keep peace, Back-off tactic.

So far i dont see them developing it pretty soon, as there is no need of it, because still it may be an offensive weapon in some nation's mind.

It is an offensive weapon. If Pakistan's military is only for defensive purposes then it has no business in keeping ICBMS. All it needs is a missile that can counter India.

India has no such statements, saying its military is of defensive nature. The development of an ICBM is a natural progression. I suspect, India will declare its ICBM's around the year 2020. It would have enough military and economic clout by then to withstand any pressure that the world might exert on India on such a declaration. Surya ICBM is under development, though this is a rumour.

BTW how does it keep a strategic and tactical balance, if India develops a cruise missile? I mean if it is developed, it is obviously not for Pakistan. Ditto for Pakistan. Its ICBM is of no use in India, where smaller missiles would do the job. So how is it to keep the balance?

If Pakistan's military is only for defensive purposes then it has no business in keeping ICBMS.

I dont remmeber Pakistan ever saying that they have any intentions of building (inter continental balistic missile).

Any Muslim nation which shows a intention to develop ICBM that too a nuclear nation will see some sort immediate and stern action from the West.

I dont remmeber Pakistan ever saying that they have any intentions of building (inter continental balistic missile).

I didn't remember Pakistan saying that it wants to develop nuclear cruise missiles. ;)

Any Muslim nation which shows a intention to develop ICBM that too a nuclear nation will see some sort immediate and stern action from the West.

you Mean they would have let us become nuclear.:rofl:

I didn't remember Pakistan saying that it wants to develop nuclear cruise missiles. ;)

webby big difference between cruise missile And ICBM.we can hit the indians with cruise Missile. ICBM will fly right over them we have no need for that.:partay:

you Mean they would have let us become nuclear.:rofl:

I agree with you there as they failed in that respect, But a muslim nation having the capability to strike with nuclear warheads into america or europe, I dont think they will just stand by and let u achieve that capability.

I agree with you there as they failed in that respect, But a muslim nation having the capability to strike with nuclear warheads into america or europe, I dont think they will just stand by and let u achieve that capability.

No., what i want bring up is why should we let them have that capability :rolleyes: to strike us., so really I think the west need to clog their assholes and mind its own business, it's funny they tell others what to do and they themselves don't do it at all, every nation has the right to build what it wants and needs for survival., hell US attacks pakistan I would definetly want a ICBM to him them back, it's how the world works sooner or later nations develop these things in secret, etc, so you really can't stop development.

Its not as if i am agreeing with the US concept. what i am saying they will stop the ones making them, and sure as hell they can beat the living crap out of anybody in the world now. and sure as hell they have the political will if it comes to the time of action.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom