What's new

IAF's Sukhoi SU-30 jets lack EW system

PakSniper

Reaction score
IAF's Sukhoi SU-30 jets lack EW system

By IANS
Wednesday May 9, 07:56 PM

New Delhi, May 9 (IANS) The Indian Air Force's Sukhoi SU-30 combat jets lack an electronic warfare (EW) system, parliament was informed on Wednesday.

The EW system was not incorporated in the fighter as it was 'not identified' in the 1996 contract for purchasing the aircraft from Russia, Defence Minister A.K. Antony said in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha.

The EW system is also not incorporated in the SU-30s being manufactured in India under license by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), the minister added.

The IAF currently operates two squadrons (40 aircraft) of Su-30s that were inducted in 2004. Delays in its licensed manufacture here have prompted the IAF to place an order for another 40 aircraft.

Antony said: 'The general contract of December, 2000 was signed with Russia for manufacture of SU-30 aircraft by HAL as per the Standard of Preparation (SOP) for direct purchased aircraft contracted by MoD (ministry of defence) in 1996.

'Electronic warfare system was not included in the general contract because the system was not identified for the aircraft at that time.

'The Su-30 aircraft manufactured by HAL under licence is of the same SOP as that of stage III aircraft supplied directly by Russia,' the minister added.

Antony also said HAL planned to establish facilities for repairing and overhauling the SU-30 by 2008.

The aircraft would become due for overhaul from 2010 onwards.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/070509/43/6fjxv.html

Ahh... They finally realized it. It would be a good jamming.

Maybe the report suggests that the MKIs are not yet equipped with it.

They are already in External Pods, They are yet to be internalized.
The Picture of 30MKi an external Pod is already available on Bharat-rakshak.com. There is also the Tarang Indian EW suite

The Indian developed Tarang RWR is used in the EWSP suite

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Flanker.html
This link has a comprehensive study on the Flanker MKI,

strange....defence minister has no clue what he is talking in parliment....big lapse in information exchange....

strange....defence minister has no clue what he is talking in parliment....big lapse in information exchange....

The defence minister said India has "not" ordered EW along with SU-30 contract. Hence tehnically Su-30 does not contain EW.
They are externally fitted once delivered.
The report quotes an answer for a **** question from a MP and some reporter picks it up an concludes that SU-30 does not have EW!

When will the system be delivered Con? I assume it will take quite some time before the system becomes operational.

When will the system be delivered Con? I assume it will take quite some time before the system becomes operational.

The existing SU-30 have operational EW. When I say they were not ordered with SU-30,i mean they were not ordered with Russia. Not part of the SU-30 delivery package.

EL-8222 is a tried and tested system. Hence it does not have go through multiple cycle of testing. Hence I would assume IAF would not require too much effort for operationalizing it.

Ok, I had enough of they idiotic journalist's and more even so members who dont take time to verify facts, but rather happy to post articles which show's india weak , blah and blah

This is the video of the Sindex Ex with the Singaporean Airforce; where the Indian Airforce fielded the Su-30MK, Su-30MKI's and Mirage 2000TH.

Look closely at 23 seconds at the Sukhoi Wing Pylon, for the Elta-8222

mms://media.mindef.gov.sg/26oct04_EXsindex_hi.asf

If you dont know who the Elta-8222 looks like, then here it is.

df40e1b57a65819f39df9e167641a1e2.jpg

5e63ec8bc508f36c440d67957e2fb7c7.jpg

Attachments

• df40e1b57a65819f39df9e167641a1e2.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 15
Ok, I had enough of they idiotic journalist's and more even so members who dont take time to verify facts, but rather happy to post articles which show's india weak , blah and blah

This is the video of the Sindex Ex with the Singaporean Airforce; where the Indian Airforce fielded the Su-30MK, Su-30MKI's and Mirage 2000TH.

Look closely at 23 seconds at the Sukhoi Wing Pylon, for the Elta-8222

mms://media.mindef.gov.sg/26oct04_EXsindex_hi.asf

If you dont know who the Elta-8222 looks like, then here it is.

5e63ec8bc508f36c440d67957e2fb7c7.jpg

That's great Adux. Now can you tell me WHEN they were introduced? As they are obviously in podded form they could have been fitted retro actively. And it also would have to be taken into consideration when any price estimates are made for any future or previous jet purchases. Can you also tell me If ALL the current MKI's have it installed? (rather than just the ones at airshows?)

So just because you can't see the value of the article maybe others can. So maybe less blah blah on your part and a little more info to prove your point.

Keyser,

I have provided with you links, Sindex was held on 2004 october, here is the link for your kind information. You can do your own research, And Oh, Sindex is not an Airshow, it is an Excersise between Singapore Airforce and Indian Airforce.http://www.mindef.gov.sg/imindef/news_and_events/nr/2004/oct/26oct04_nr.html

6ea5a322e384bde82ec6b6ec3beb4495.jpg

They have been externally poded from the very first MKI, check the links i have provided earlier. Stop the cost crap, IAF already has EL/LM-8222 in a wide vareity of aircrafts including the jaguars Darin II internalized. You dont fit anything on to an aircraft without prior approval of the top-brass and the technincal committee.
Now if you want to make an arguement out of it, lets start with one Wing pylon being used for it, when a missile/external fuel could be carried. It is stupid since it can easily internalized. So it is still blah blah. Quite idiotic

That's great Adux. Now can you tell me WHEN they were introduced? .

Its called Sindex 2004. So whats you guess?

As they are obviously in podded form they could have been fitted retro actively. And it also would have to be taken into consideration when any price estimates are made for any future or previous jet purchases. Can you also tell me If ALL the current MKI's have it installed? (rather than just the ones at airshows?).

Reading the article gives you what the minister meant. He said it weasnt orders along with the Su 30s. If IAF could fit it in 2004. What makes you think its not there even afetr 3 years.

So just because you can't see the value of the article maybe others can. So maybe less blah blah on your part and a little more info to prove your point.

What **** is this? He went great length to prove his point quoted videos and images you call it blah blah. You get you facts right and stop posting such personal remarks.

Its called Sindex 2004. So whats you guess?

Reading the article gives you what the minister meant. He said it weasnt orders along with the Su 30s. If IAF could fit it in 2004. What makes you think its not there even afetr 3 years.

What **** is this? He went great length to prove his point quoted videos and images you call it blah blah. You get you facts right and stop posting such personal remarks.

It proves that the jets in Sindex had them, now prove all the others had them.......

As for facts the onus is not upon me to disprove the article as I don't really care one way or the other. Since Adux came to this thread and basically called us idiots for posting a article that has relevance to a "Defence" forum. I suggest he provide more facts before ranting.

Like it or not it is worth analysing thats what the **** this is....
As for personal remarks I have not made any. I have merely quoted the original poster. I suggest you read through the entirety of a thread before jumping in.

It proves that the jets in Sindex had them, now prove all the others had them.......
Are you freaking kidding me, lol. That jammer along with Tarang has been employed throughout the wide variety of Indian Aircrafts. So yes all of them have it. Its like asking does all of em having missiles and bullets. El/M- 8222 aint that costly for us.
I would expect you to be a gentleman, accept and bow out when you have been proved wrong.

I don't really care one way or the other.

Please dont involve in the thread then, Stay away.

Since Adux came to this thread and basically called us idiots for posting a article that has relevance to a "Defence" forum. I suggest he provide more facts before ranting.

My rant ? All my post came along with the facts and links, You want this to be a good defence forum, so keep some standards, or we can be a kid's forum

Like it or not it is worth analysing thats what the **** this is....

If it is worth analysing, then ANALYZE, Put some effort into it, otherwise dont post it in the first place.
Su-30MKI has been discussed to death and put to life again, then discussed to death. I expect senior poster's to know when they see a dorky news article. Whatever I have provided is available with GOOGLE, its in the first page itself anyways

Back
Top Bottom