What's new

IAF's SU-30 MKI crashes, one pilot dead

it is being said that it wastn the aircraft's fault but the fault of the authorities for having put the worng man in the wrong plane...it is being said that P.S. Nara, the pilot who was killed was not qualified to fly a sukhoi....and he was a competent mig-21 flyer...
an inquest has been ordered...so we will wait for the final word...

Not enough – fighters pilots ?
We got a population of more than a billion and we dotn have enough pilots to fly these little number of machines?????

Ha ha ha ha what a frigggin joke. Well how full of Crrap are we ?? discgrace and I can promise you nothing is going to happen to the people who caused this national shame and lost one good jet and death of a substandard pilot.
I feel soory for my country citizen , how pathetic are we ???? talk the talk cant walk the walk ????
Just like % of voters in Mumbai ( its not out of context – it tells you how big mouth works )
----
a little percentage of awake cant do much for 99% dead people. But we keep trying. pfffffffftttt !!!!

Since you're new I'll see this one thru the fingers but we certainly don't tollerate personal attacks.
Next time try to kill the message only....

well if you feel my post to be personal attack then in that case rabbit went way too personal by commenting on my nations armed forces be embarrassed......
I rather feel that these armed forces dedicate too much to us and hence we should respect armed forces of all respective nations. Thus any post against any armed forces must be considered offensive.
as you are an administrator i seek justice from you; either an apology from rabbit or ban him..
I also ask help from fellow members of all nations to get justice on this issue from honorable moderators and admin.

here's another post by rabbit wherein he accuses pakistan army to be corrupted.
He said "I'm getting increasingly suspicious that the PA waits for American money to arrive before taking action.
The current assault came just as the US announced fresh monetary assistance
"

http://www.defence.pk/forums/war-te...ts-6-000-troops-indian-border-north-west.html

Justice will prevail :pdf:

operational crashes are inevitable consider this su30 mki inducted into iaf in 2002 first crash 2009 official report awaited but the initial reports from authorities say that the fighter experienced trouble after taking took both the pilot and the navigator cared less about their life but waited precious seconds in directing the aircraft towards an empty field so that no civilian casulties take place both of them were wing commanders so just appreciate their bravery in not caring about their life first but about civilians.this is the news coming out from pune so dont ask me for a link there isnt any its a initial report.

@dm:-- substandard pilot ? you must be joking a wing commander of sir NARA capability i guess you need to have a look at his biography

@ moscow -Nara -the pilot who was killed was not qualified to fly a sukhoi....and he was a competent mig-21 flyer. so he had wrong machine in his hand,

We got a population of more than a billion and we dotn have enough pilots to fly these little number of machines?????

Ha ha ha ha what a frigggin joke. Well how full of Crrap are we ?? discgrace and I can promise you nothing is going to happen to the people who caused this national shame and lost one good jet and death of a substandard pilot.
I feel soory for my country citizen , how pathetic are we ???? talk the talk cant walk the walk ????
Just like % of voters in Mumbai ( its not out of context – it tells you how big mouth works )
----
a little percentage of awake cant do much for 99% dead people. But we keep trying. pfffffffftttt !!!!

Do you enjoy spamming or something?

How the hell do you know that the pilot was "substandard"?

And you're on about votes and next you'll be complaining about potholes on the same thread.

And please stop wailing like a girl. Its pathetic.

Last edited:
@ moscow -Nara -the pilot who was killed was not qualified to fly a sukhoi....and he was a competent mig-21 flyer. so he had wrong machine in his hand,

DM he was not the pilot he was the navigator.
secondly he was a wing commander with hours of flying practice in a fighter aircraft how do you expect that you will have trained pilots hundreds of then at one go?
do you mean to say that a pilot who flew a mig 21 earlier cannot fly an su30 then from where did you get the trained su30 pilots they are all old and experienced pilots they have flown various other fighters su30 pilots are not born overnight

----

Surprising someone with 1000+ posts indulges in self-molestation. If you yourself think your country sucks dont expect others to call you 'great'. Respect needs to be earned, and this is not the way. It was an unfortunate and an unusual incident, why whine and abuse your own country? You have the audacity to lash out against your country, what little have you dont to contribute to your motherland except for your repeated patronising comments?

Last edited:

----

You and your comments are an embarassment to our nations and armed forces. You comments are based merely on what was in the news paper. Do diligence before posting BS like this. Did you even stoped for a second and thought that IAF wouldn't of make sured that pilot was trained before he given green light to fly that plane?

have some respect for the deceased.....that guy wouldn't have thought twice to lay down his life for your sorry a$$...

I don't understand how it is a human error and more over why are people here saying he wasn't qualified for an SU-30? People don't come from mars to fly that machine and more over he was as mentioned a navigator so how come its his fault when he isn't flying?
I agree though not my place but with the fact that all should resume from passing on comments till an official inquiry report comes out.

On a side note there is an article mentioned back somewhere which i found disturbing that the parachute of the pilot did not open? Pardon my ignorance over the issue but i think there is always a back up parachute if primary fails, the back up opens, in his case if his death is cause by malfunction of the parachute then the guys responsible for maintaining quality control over such important equipment should be the first one to be brought to justice.

it is being said that it wastn the aircraft's fault but the fault of the authorities for having put the worng man in the wrong plane...it is being said that P.S. Nara, the pilot who was killed was not qualified to fly a sukhoi....and he was a competent mig-21 flyer...
an inquest has been ordered...so we will wait for the final word...

IIRC he was a WSO. The pilot was a Su-30 pilot. So that doesnt matter. In any case, even the WSO would have been flight qualified before he was let onto the plane.

Moreover i am interested to know, the ejection seats nowadays have 0/0 capability. How can the pilot be injured if the seats were 0/0 even if they ejected from a low level.

Sad. The Su-30 though i believe entered service in 1999. Not in 2002.

PEOPLE i would like to put a few points here

1 the sortie was for a bombing run NOT familiarization sortie where a non mki guy would fly with the pilot ...hence he HAD TO BE A MKI PILOT like YH1 pointed out

S V Munje is the leader of the No.30 Squadron "Rhinos" based in Pune (Ref. Rhinos crew at Indradhanush, UK, 2007 Rhinos Crew [www.bharat-rakshak.com]). The Rhinos was formed around 2005 with the fighters produced in Russia.

2 lets not believe DDM untill further official info comes out remember GRIPEN SYNDROME

Well i heard the news on - television and the details too, i said nothing personal , the fact is country is in termoil and thats fact i accept the fact that we are in deep shyt and ,i take my responsibilty than most here to do what i must do my country, I dont live in denial.
I know there is somethig nwrong for - MRCA not yet finalised
i know there is somethign wrong for - SU-30 not coming right on time
i know there is somethign wrong for - A.C not comig non time
i know there is somethign wrong for - tejas not coming in action like it shoud have.
i know there is somethign wrong for - mig-21 still in action.
-------------------------
And for people who are too much jingoistic abotu their - patriotic feeling i dont give a ***'s behind for their notion. I am not blindly patriotic like you guys , i love my country and do something for it. other than sitting on a forum and forgetting the facts. I go out there bloody to feed the poor so i know what people live like, i go and clean ganaga in banaras so i know what idiots are doign to the life line of this coutnry, i went to gujrat afet rriot i know what the problem is there. i go to railway station - old delhi every saturday to feed the kids i know what they live like.
dont tell me how to love my country you cant do 5% of the amount of what love i give back to my country.

Peace >O
-------------------------

Saturday , May 02, 2009

New Delhi:

After the fatal crash in which one pilot was killed, the entire fleet of India’s most advanced fighter jet, the Su 30 MKI, remained on the ground for the second consecutive day while IAF technicians carried out checks on the aircraft.

A senior officer said that while the reliability of the aircraft is not in question, the fighters did not fly on Friday as “precautionary checks” are being carried out to rule out any fault. Confirming that no flights took place at Pune or Bareilly, the two airfields where the fighters are based, the officer said that fighters will stay on the ground till the IAF is fully satisfied that they are fit to fly.

As first reported by this newspaper, the fleet was grounded immediately after Thursday morning’s crash near the Pokharan firing ranges in which one pilot, Wing Commander P S Nara, was killed while the other survived.

While a detailed court of inquiry has been ordered into the accident, the first ever for the MKI version of the Su 30 that was inducted in 2002, fresh details have emerged about the crash that practically rule out pilot error.

Sources familiar with the investigation say that the fighter, which was flying as part of a four-aircraft group at over 20,000 feet, went into an involuntary ‘bunting’ manoeuver that tossed it around at an angle of 270 degrees.

Following the violent manoeuver, the fighter plummeted to the earth in an uncontrollable spin and did not respond to controls, forcing the two pilots to eject. An official said that this could point to either a technical fault or some sort of structural damage to the fighter.

Su 30 MKI fleet remains grounded, checks on

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom