What's new

IAF's SU-30 MKI crashes, one pilot dead

Great, till the time we were operating MKIs built in russia or built from CKD kits imported from russia there were no crashes. But suddenly HAL starts manufacturing MKIs from scratch and BOOM! we have a crash?! What is HAL building these planes with? Aluminium foil?!!

Also, as I have previously pointed out in one of my posts. The MKI and it's pilots were unnecessarily "sar pe chada ke rakkhe jaate the", that might have made them reckless. Hope this crash is thoroughly investigated and the results made public. Dammit! I must have paid for this bird with my hard-earned tax money and so I need to know why some jocks have gone and burned it all up.

Great, till the time we were operating MKIs built in russia or built from CKD kits imported from russia there were no crashes. But suddenly HAL starts manufacturing MKIs from scratch and BOOM! we have a crash?! What is HAL building these planes with? Aluminium foil?!!

Also, as I have previously pointed out in one of my posts. The MKI and it's pilots were unnecessarily "sar pe chada ke rakkhe jaate the", that might have made them reckless. Hope this crash is thoroughly investigated and the results made public. Dammit! I must have paid for this bird with my hard-earned tax money and so I need to know why some jocks have gone and burned it all up.

While aircraft is an expensive toy, its not as expensive as the loss of a pilot. Along with the pilot goes a lot of experience. A Wing Commander is a very experienced pilot. I would be more saddened by the loss of the pilot than the aircraft. The latter can easily be replaced, the former, much more precious.

True the pilot is priceless with that much experience. I would guess home made fighters can be better maintained than imported ones (maybe someone can explain if that is true or not). RIP Wing Commander.

sad News. On a side note i am glad to see the maturity of all the posters who have abstained from flaming this thread. On another note, i remember reading that there had been problems with the turbine blades of the MKIs and a few had been grounded. Has this been resolved.
Araz

I don't care much abot loss of plane, but we lost one of the most valuable pilot...
It's sad you are worried about loss of tax money but not for loss of human life. It's important to save our assets (planes), but it is MORE improtant to save our real assets ..Pilots.

Where does it say this crashed jet is domestically produced?

The life of the pilot matters more then a million dollar jet, of course the jet can bought again but not the life of a skilled pilot which was lost in the accident.

BY APP

IAF loses its first sophisticated Sukhio30 MKI aircraft
NEW DELHI, April 30 (APP)‑ Indian Air Force on Thursday lost its first sophisticated Russian made Sukhoi‑30 MKI fighter aircraft when it crashed near Rajmathai village, about 70 kms from Jaisalmer in Rajasthan state. Defence Spokesman said one of the two Wing Commanders on board the aircraft killed in the incident. The squadron of the aircraft is based in Pune.

Since the induction of fleet of the aircraft in Indian Air Force, it is the first incident.

The second pilot of the aircraft managed to eject safely from the aircraft which crashed around 1020 hours. The aircraft was on a routine exercise, the official said.

A court of inquiry has been ordered into the incident

Pilot killed in MIG-21 crash in Pokhran :tsk:

Thursday, April 30, 2009 13:15 IST

Pokhran: A MIG-21 fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF) on Thursday crashed in Pokhran in the Thar deserts of Rajasthan, killing its pilot.

According to reports, the crash took place near Raj Mathai in Pokhran.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1251737

Last edited:
The crash with the MKI surprised me a bit as it is a reliable russian aircraft. India will have to get the reason for the crash, there must be something gone wrong with the engine I guess. The second one didn't surpise me, the MiG 21 of IAF hasn't got the name 'flying coffin' for fun.

don't please blame russia india hal or some one its incedent and can happen with any jet of world su-30 is good and no problim with it.but mig-21 yes its indian air force who never let mig-12 reset and its very very old air frame.

Back
Top Bottom