What's new

Hunting for a bargain: Properties of returning Afghans going at throwaway prices

pakistani342

Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting, article here, excerpts below:

PESHAWAR: As the drive to send Afghan nationals packing for home intensifies, locals in Peshawar and K-P are more interested in the properties these refugees leave behind. Shops and houses are being sold at throwaway prices, whetting the appetites of those out for a bargain.

Even those who were on great terms with these people from across the border now have an eye on their “abandoned properties”.

He says Pakistani authorities are even knocking on the doors of those Afghan nationals who have proof of registration cards. “We are being subjected to the worst kind of insults and humiliation.”

I know someone who is about to buy property from some afghan refugee. Afghans are afraid they may not get anything in future if forced to return home.

Good kick these ungrateful pricks out as soon as possible. I am sure indians will be more than happy to take them in to the land of hindutva.

I know someone who is about to buy property from some afghan refugee. Afghans are afraid they may not get anything in future if forced to return home.

I guess had the Afghan government done this with a proactive plan - the refugees would not have had to suffer.

The Afghan government even refused to let them vote.

It must be emotionally very hard on those ppl to sell their hard earned properties. Hope they get a better price and are able to start a better life using that money elsewhere.

I guess had the Afghan government done this with a proactive plan - the refugees would not have had to suffer.

The Afghan government even refused to let them vote.

I actually blame Zia for this more then anyone else, he allowed them to settle all over Pakistan. Many of them even got CNIC by bribing officials and brought properties despite being refugees. They should have been treated like refugees all over the world, confined to camps on temporary basis. Not making them believe they are at home on permanent basis so they can buy houses. Now they have no other option left then to sell properties at below market rates and return.

See afghanis will not have any problem with Iran because Iranis never allowed them outside refugee camps let alone allowed to buy any property. They knew one day they will have to go back from Iran.

Last edited:
Land of freedom and democracy india should take all these afghan refugees.

I actually blame Zia for this more then anyone else, he allowed them to settle all over Pakistan. Many of them even got CNIC by bribing officials and brought properties despite being refugees. They should have been treated like refugees all over the world, confined to camps on temporary basis. Not making them believe they are at home on permanent basis so they can buy houses. Now they have no other option left then to sell properties at below market rates and return.

See afghanis will not have any problem with Iran because Iranis never allowed them outside refugee camps let alone allowed to buy any property. They knew one day they will have to go back from Iran.
Also corrupt Pakistanis are to blame!

Many of them have inter-married with locals.

Many of them have inter-married with locals.
And?

If Afghan women have married Pakistani men - fair enough; if Afghan male refugees have married Pakistani women then those women have married into Afghan society.

If the men were given nationality on this basis then laws should be enacted to rectify this situation.

And?

If Afghan women have married Pakistani men - fair enough; if Afghan male refugees have married Pakistani women then those women have married into Afghan society.

If the men were given nationality on this basis then laws should be enacted to rectify this situation.
If you go to the Potohar/Hazara almost every village has a chap (usually quite an elderly chap) who has a Afghan refugee wife, in regards to Afghan men their is no intermarriage with the locals, though I have heard the situation may be different in KPK.kudos

It must be emotionally very hard on those ppl to sell their hard earned properties. Hope they get a better price and are able to start a better life using that money elsewhere.

Please send them invites to Hindu-stan to setup business and have an easy life.

And?

Pakistan men and women should have equal rights,
what a sexist post representative of beduin culture.

If you go to the Potohar/Hazara almost every village has a chap (usually quite an elderly chap) who has a Afghan refugee wife, in regards to Afghan men their is no intermarriage with the locals, though I have heard the situation may be different in KPK.kudos

This is very common in all of punjab rural areas. Hazara region is different since they have large local hindko speaking pashtun population relatively. So maybe dynamics of intermarriages in Hazara between afghan refugees and locals is different then one in punjab rural areas where its usually old chap or disabled guy with afghan wife.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom