What's new

How to conduct 'War Games'

theprofessor

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A couple of friends of mine are military strategy enthusiasts and in our free time we often like to talk about military strategy and warfare history. We are thinking of conducting a war game with two teams. but the problem is that we cant find any documentation on how to conduct a war game.

That is where you gentlemen come in, can anyone of you fine gentlemen explain the steps of a war game/how its played, etc etc

You gotta be kidding! You can't do it on a forum in a page or two. There are books on the subject which you can read to get a hang of it.

A couple of friends of mine are military strategy enthusiasts and in our free time we often like to talk about military strategy and warfare history. We are thinking of conducting a war game with two teams. but the problem is that we cant find any documentation on how to conduct a war game.

That is where you gentlemen come in, can anyone of you fine gentlemen explain the steps of a war game/how its played, etc etc

Most importantly you are going to need people who can actually get into the minds of your adversary objectively and behave accordingly. A book will guide you as to how to conduct war games but wont help you find people other than provide some guidelines.

FYI we are very good at that.

-Talk with your mates and form teams,judge capabilities,what all things one should have.
-Discuss scenarios.
-Implement it.

Or u can just download/buy some wargames of ur own in multiplayer.

Better read lots of books on important wars and battles first. War games are of no use if you dont know what is a battle of encirclement for example.

Back
Top Bottom