What's new

How does a pakistani living in the U.S. join the pak army?

pakman786

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
I am 15 and about to start junior year in high school. I have good grades and I am going to college. After college, I want to join the Pakistan army or airforce as on officer. I was going to join the U.S marines or USAF, but they are heavily involved in the mideast, and I would probably end up killing another Muslim. Anyways, I have always wanted to join the army. My uncle was a brigadier in the pak army. So when I go to college, what courses are needed for me to qualify to be an officer in the pak army. Also, what is the pay for officers? And I was born in Pakistan, but came to the United States when I was 2 years old and I have an American citizenship. Do I have to apply for a Pakistani citizenship, or do I still retain my citizenship from when I was born? And I know that I have to surrender my U.S. citizenship when I apply. Thank you for helping!

I am 15 and about to start junior year in high school. I have good grades and I am going to college. After college, I want to join the Pakistan army or airforce as on officer. I was going to join the U.S marines or USAF, but they are heavily involved in the mideast, and I would probably end up killing another Muslim. Anyways, I have always wanted to join the army. My uncle was a brigadier in the pak army. So when I go to college, what courses are needed for me to qualify to be an officer in the pak army. Also, what is the pay for officers? And I was born in Pakistan, but came to the United States when I was 2 years old and I have an American citizenship. Do I have to apply for a Pakistani citizenship, or do I still retain my citizenship from when I was born? And I know that I have to surrender my U.S. citizenship when I apply. Thank you for helping!

You will have to give up on your American Citizenship in order to join Pakistan Army.

You do still retain your Pakistani citizenship. Once you turn 18 you can get your NICOP (National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis) made. Don't know much about the rest though.

Any 'foreign' citizen cannot join the Pakistan Army until such time he or she surrenders his foreign citizenship to become a Pakistani national. Once you are a Pakistani national, then you simply apply through ISSB as and when they advertise in the national media towards call for young lads and gals to join the armed forces.

Back
Top Bottom