What's new

how did china build its infrastructure ?

That is very nice of you to say but there are still plenty of selfish people in China. It is just that society because of a deep Confucian tradition tend to disapprove strongly of that kind of behaviours.

ofcourse they're will be there is no such thing as utopia but judging from my interaction with chineese people i find them to be very focused and no matter what you do you cant sway them..im a student but i work in car sales part time so i get to interact with them a lot and i am very impressed by some of their qualities

”旧的不去新的不来“
”New one won't come until the old go.“

ofcourse they're will be there is no such thing as utopia but judging from my interaction with chineese people i find them to be very focused and no matter what you do you cant sway them..im a student but i work in car sales part time so i get to interact with them a lot and i am very impressed by some of their qualities

Ahhh that is the other quality of Chinese people, we're cheap and we won't pay a cent more than we have to ;)

russell peters: be a man
youtube.com/watch?v=-qtrAMK7_Qk

Money, Money, Money:D

China currently spends about 9% of its GDP on infrastructure, versus 5% in Europe and 2.4% in the United States. Over the next 10 years, China will spend $200 billion on infrastructure development alone, according to the CIBC.
Global Infrastructure Spending to Reach $35 Trillion Over the Next 20 Years - Money Morning

US gov maybe is bankrucpted, but Wall Street if flooded with money. However, if you want to persuade them to invest something else, like infrastructure, forget it!

Ahhh that is the other quality of Chinese people, we're cheap and we won't pay a cent more than we have to ;)

russell peters: be a man
youtube.com/watch?v=-qtrAMK7_Qk

Pakistan has quality people.

This can help some forum members to understand the reason behind slow development in India and it is based on my personal experience:

In our village gram pradhan kept following the govt. officials for almost 8 years to widen the main road. When finally the plan was approved, two villagers got an stay order from the court because their houses (newly built) were need to be demolished partially. thus the work was again delayed for 4 years. Also, the officials told that they need approval from the court to do repair work.

When the villagers decides that they will boycott both these families as they were not cooperating in village's progress, at that time they agreed on the construction. Finally after 14 years from the day the first request was filed to the govt the road was widened.

Today we have a four lane road in our village which shrinks to two lane whenever it enters any other village in our district...

This incident help me to understand that some hardliners needs hard actions...

laton key bhoot baton se nahi mantey...

P.S.: Initially that road was 8 ft wide...

This can help some forum members to understand the reason behind slow development in India and it is based on my personal experience:

In our village gram pradhan kept following the govt. officials for almost 8 years to widen the main road. When finally the plan was approved, two villagers got an stay order from the court because their houses (newly built) were need to be demolished partially. thus the work was again delayed for 4 years. Also, the officials told that they need approval from the court to do repair work.

When the villagers decides that they will boycott both these families as they were not cooperating in village's progress, at that time they agreed on the construction. Finally after 14 years from the day the first request was filed to the govt the road was widened.

Today we have a four lane road in our village which shrinks to two lane whenever it enters any other village in our district...

This incident help me to understand that some hardliners needs hard actions...

laton key bhoot baton se nahi mantey...

P.S.: Initially that road was 8 ft wide...

Yep and I think the proposed hiring of Chinese contractors would be good too. If the babus were given the money to do it, a lot of it would likely end up in Switzerland.

Yep and I think the proposed hiring of Chinese contractors would be good too. If the babus were given the money to do it, a lot of it would likely end up in Switzerland.

It is not about money only. It is about rights. Some people look for their personal benefits and others look for benefits for the community around them (of which they are also a part of). The day there second types are in a majority, pace of progress will be quick.

I often see such oppositions here in the US as well, but the only difference is that the decisions are much quicker and often just a "measure poll" is enough to quash the opposition. People do appeal against ballot measures as well, but again the legal system is quick acting on it.

It is not about money only. It is about rights. Some people look for their personal benefits and others look for benefits for the community around them (of which they are also a part of). The day there second types are in a majority, pace of progress will be quick.

I often see such oppositions here in the US as well, but the only difference is that the decisions are much quicker and often just a "measure poll" is enough to quash the opposition. People do appeal against ballot measures as well, but again the legal system is quick acting on it.

I get the feeling one of the reasons why India's infrastructure moves so slowly is because of democracy. The government is afraid to hurt people's feelings, because hurt feelings = lost votes and this isn't counting the campaign promises to move the road, or build the dam down stream etc, which delay things even more.

@CS... you are very close. The political decisions are very sensitive to the vote bank and with so many variables in the mixture, things grind down. In addition to that some of the large scale projects which need separate environmental clearances also take time... as they say better safe than sorry.

But one good thing we are noticing is that once the legal issues are cleared out of the day, things proceed much faster than it used to be 10 years back.

In China, the gov owns all the land, so every has to pay and lease the land.

In US, you are the "owner" of the land, but
1) you have pay tax for it (does "owner" need to pay tax for something they really really own?)

2) you can not sell it to another countries' citizenes (so the "owners" has no right to sell it as their wish?)

3) you can not declare independence on the land you "own"

so, is that really ownership or just the "rights of use"?

Taxes are a common way to raise money to operate the govt., I don't see how charging house tax takes away my ownership of it.

i am a non-citizen and I own two properties (which were previously owned by Fannie Mae, it is a US govt. entity)

please oh please don't tell the US govt. :woot:

*Guest, with all due respect a little research will greatly help your credibility*

@CS... you are very close. The political decisions are very sensitive to the vote bank and with so many variables in the mixture, things grind down. In addition to that some of the large scale projects which need separate environmental clearances also take time... as they say better safe than sorry.

But one good thing we are noticing is that once the legal issues are cleared out of the day, things proceed much faster than it used to be 10 years back.

No way around it, I guess. Politicians will always see votes as more important than regional development. The best you can hope for is as you say, expediting the processing of such cases and maybe set resolution deadlines for such complaints like the US or UK does.

One more thing we have to understand is that Corruption also plays great part here.

Back
Top Bottom