What's new

Homes of Christians burnt

Meesna

Reaction score
This unfortunate incident happened on Thursday is being down played in Pakistani media.

KORIAN, Pakistan (UCAN) -- Smoke was still rising from the Christian village of Korian in Punjab province on July 31 after it was completely destroyed in a violent raid the previous night by thousands of Muslims.

Christians flee after Muslims destroy village

Last edited:
Well, this is the reason i prefer Secular Government with iron fist so people wont use religion as a tool for violence.These thugs needs to be taken care off.

You are a clown that belongs in the circus.

Let me assure you that under Shariah as condoned by the prophet (upon him be pace) the chances of this happening would go down tremendously; and the perpetrators if such an act if it did occur would be dealt with severally.

The current establishment is secular to begin with.

fhassan

Sir, So are you suggesting that the current establishement burned down the houses of these Christian Pakistanis??

The village in Faisalabad diocese was attacked after Muslims accused a family there of blasphemy. In all, 60 houses and two churches belonging to the Church of Pakistan and the New Apostolic Church were destroyed and livestock stolen

Shariah, you say, eh? So that you lot can burn down the whole of Pakistan - the above is what you do on a "accusation" of blasphemy, what won't you do when your divine law is the law of the land?

fhassan
Sir, So are you suggesting that the current establishement burned down the houses of these Christian Pakistanis??

I am suggesting exactly that which I have written, and that which I wrote bears no resemblance with what you indict.

Shariah, you say, eh? So that you lot can burn down the whole of Pakistan - the above is what you do on a "accusation" of blasphemy, what won't you do when your divine law is the law of the land?

Your poor grasp of the English language combined with a severe ignorance of Islam means that any response in English about Islam would be pointless; for that reason I have no option but to keep you encaged in your dream world.

fhassan

Exactly, you should remember that even Muslims can be accused of blasphemy. There would be a free for all going on with burning down villages.

Simple fact is. This was a crime. The government needs to act on it and prove to us that crimes against Pakistanis would not go unpunished.

Originally Posted by Asim Aquil
Exactly, you should remember that even Muslims can be accused of blasphemy. There would be a free for all going on with burning down villages.

Simple fact is. This was a crime. The government needs to act on it and prove to us that crimes against Pakistanis would not go unpunished.

Actually 295C was a politically motivated law introduced by Gen Zia-i-Huq. It is used for all other purpose other than blasphemy, till 2001 I can say with surety that all cases of 295C have inside story.
Jacob Masih was murdered in Sargodha accused murderer said “he did blasphemy.” Both were colleagues and all their colleagues knew that they have dispute over some financial issues.
Most prominent case was Gujranwala case in which whole Christian family was accused. In this case even a minor school going child was accused of writing indecent paper chits and throw these in local mosque. Very senior lawyer Khawaja Sultan said in court, “such fluent Islamic hand writing is not possible by a child of this age.” When diged out, this also came out a case motivated on personal difference accused were evicted and Arif Iqbal Bhatti was killed.
Most tragic case was Hafiz Farooq case again in Gujranwala. After dispute between two neighbors, he was accused of burning Quranic papers. He was dragged in streets killed with stones. Later on when investigated by authorities it tuned out to be a neighborly dispute and masses were religiously instigated to take revenge.
Unfortunately Zia-i-Huq introduced these kind of laws of make Pakistani a pure theocratic society and majority of the victims of this law are Muslims.

Everywhere the problem is the same : Islamists!

For this palgue to be removed, stern and sustained action needs to be taken against them; does this governement have the stomach to take on the Islamist - time will tell - and this government should be on notice, we have had enough of Islamists.

Korian Christians forced to flee after houses burnt

* Govt to act against those responsible, compensate Christian families

By Ali Usman

LAHORE: A mob angered by charges of alleged blasphemy torched 47 Christian houses in Korian village late on Thursday night, forcing the Christian families to flee.

The Toba Tek Singh district village is home to around 500 Christians, however, most of the residents have abandoned their houses and are in hiding. Punjab Human Rights Minister Kamran Michael told Daily Times the government would act against those responsible, adding the aggrieved party would be compensated.

Tensions between the Christian and Muslim communities of the area rose after pages of an Islamiat book were found in the garbage outside a Christian house on July 26. Witnesses told Daily Times police were aware of the situation, adding a case had been registered against one Imran Masih under Section 295(b) of the Pakistan Penal Code. Following the incident, Mehnga Masih, a Christian complainant, has submitted an application against 22 people for attacking Christian houses.

Judge them by their deeds:

Government won’t allow anyone to take law into own hands, says Farahnaz

ISLAMABAD: The government will never allow any person to take the law into his own hands and attempt to harass or intimidate any community or vandalise property on charges that are yet to be proved by the concerned authorities, Pakistan People’s Party Co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari’s Media Adviser Farahnaz Ispahani said on Friday.

Farahnaz, also a member the Human Rights Committee of the National Assembly, was reacting to the torching of Christians’ houses by a mob which accused a Christian boy of committing blasphemy in Korian village of Toba Tek Singh. “If there is any such allegation involving an act of blasphemy, it is the responsibility of the government to investigate the incident and bring the perpetrator to justice, not for individuals to take the law into their own hands,” she said.

She said President Zardari had taken serious notice of the incident and had directed the provincial government to submit a report on the incident. She said, “Islam teaches us tolerance and binds its followers to protect minorities.” The MNA said on receiving reports from the members of the Christian community led by Napoleon Qayyum, senior vice president of Pakistan People’s Party from PP-159 constituency, she immediately called up the district police officer to ensure the safety of life and property of the villagers. She assured the Christian community that the federal government, in coordination with the provincial government, would ensure that the perpetrators are brought to justice

Truly sad!

When I was a kid growing up in Karachi in the early 70s, I had Parsi and Christian friends. Nobody was fussed about each other's religion. Nobody was forced to say "Allah-hafiz" instead of "Khuda-hafiz". Restaurants were open during Ramzan and they even showed Christmas mass ceremonies on PTV. Now we seem to be taken over by religious fanatics who want to impose their way of life on everyone.

Who's next on the blasphemy radar? Parsis? Shias? Sufis? Anyone who doesn't have a beard or wear the full face covering niqab?

I heard some loony cleric in Saudi Arabia thinks that even the face covering niqab is too sexy. He wants women to cover their face even more so that only one eye is visible!

Who's next on the blasphemy radar? Parsis? Shias? Sufis? Anyone who doesn't have a beard or wear the full face covering niqab?

The Arby-zadahs will not tolerate any who will not conform to their Islam of outward appearances and their god of fashion sense.

I too recall that karachi, before arabization, sorry, I meant, islamization - and I lament it's passing.

I really feel strange why exactly that happen (even happened or not). What were the causes? Who actually did that? Newspaper did good job in finding the criminals while saying they were muslims. But who those were actually? Was they were criminals? robbers or gang of the choudhry who want to steal the property? Who pointed them to do such act, was it some mulvi? Peer? or some Choudhry?

I see here people are also some what extremist while calling quickly Islamist for that in a same manner those So-called "MUSLIMS" become!!

But truly sad indeed, and no islamic law (Shariah) allows normal civilians, mullah, peer, choudhry or even some well known mufti to declare deserve to be killed or burnt down the house or kick christians out of the village. Only Qazi has the right to do so..

I really feel strange why exactly that happen (even happened or not). What were the causes? Who actually did that?

Desecration of Holy Qura’an

TOBA TEK SINGH: Dozens of houses of the Christian community were set on fire on Friday by provoked villagers in Azafi Basti, Chak 95/JB, Gahri, situated on the Gojra-Faisalabad Road, over alleged desecration of the Holy Qura’an by three persons.

The incident of desecration allegedly took place at a Mehndi and wedding ceremonies of a Christian family. Three persons, Mukhtar Masih, Talib Masih and his son Imran Masih, showered papers on the participants on which Quranic verses were allegedly written, along with currency notes, to express jubilation on the occasion.

When the news reached the Muslims of the village, they held a meeting, where the accused Talib Masih refused to seek pardon from the Muslim community. This provoked the Muslims and hundreds of people attacked the Azafi Basti, populated by Christians.

The harmony among Muslim and Christians was exemplary till blasphemy law was legislated in Pakistan. The Muslim extremists used blasphemy laws on personal rivalries and grudges against Christians. The horrible incident of destruction of Christian homes in village Korian is also result of misuse of blasphemy law by Muslims.

Pakistan Christian Post

:angry:
The Punjab Government failed to give them protection. The clash is still going on.

This law has been and still being misused by so-called Muslims who themselves in their lives might never have offered regular paryers.

In Punjab majoirty even do not keep fast but look at them these idiot Muslims wake up to blam someone of blasphemy and torture them.

The Supreme Court should take a suo motu action in this regard if Mr Iftikhar Chaudhary truely wants to show he is a neutral person.

Back
Top Bottom