What's new

Hoisting of national flag upsets militant group

I dont know y uzbiks are against pakistan..can anyone tell me the reason behind it

Once a person becomes Taliban / extremist they are no longer Uzbek, Pakistani or Afghani. They don't believe in nationalism and they go wherever they find like minded people or where there is a call for 'jihad' - they are misfits from society who exploit the name of Islam to find a purpose in their lives.

One of my tenants was an Uzbek student in London. Average Uzbeks are very chilled out people who don't really have a problem with anyone. The Uzbek extremists have been slapped down in their own country, so they go to other countries where they can get away it.

Sir, i ask again, do you think i am lying or you think my post was stupid?
I was forced to ask this question because you missed the obvious what @Icarus told you. gadgets assist a modern day soldier to fight a war but they are not a guarantee for success and dont provide immunity.

in the end its the solider on the ground that does all the work. to date their is no equipment that can preempt an IED attack or provide 100% detect the IED's ... nothing can replace the human factor and when you bring him in you are taking the risk.

war, .. my young friend, is a fluid concept... here everything goes, there is no rule.. and there is no third empire or action replay.... you improvise and you adapt, you study the terrain and you use whatever you have at your disposal to fight with an advantage.. doing so, you only , minimise the chances of unforeseen events but cant rule them out and you train to deal with them.

on the field you dont have the luxury to bicker over the unfairness of mother nature and the politicians and your parents and your schooling,.... you stay focused and you keep control of your senses.

in the COIN scenario my dear,

there are two teams. and both play with their own rules where they have the advantage.

-the military that is representing the writ of the government uses
superior training, superior firepower, manpower and superior technology to its advantage.

-the insurgents or terrorists use stealth, deceit, cover, dirty tactics, propaganda and public cover to fight a war of attrition. and it adapts, it has no big structure so it works out the ways to defeat the gadgets you just posted. because a terrorist cant survive an open conventional war it continues to be mobile, unpredictable and manipulative.

still with me?

so it depends on the situation or sometimes pure luck who makes a mistake and suffers the losses. the military uses the experience and its resources to ensure that its victory is not just luck based but is based on its knowledge and experience.

in short there is no god mode, no cheat code, no ultimate Imba weapon which will ensure a Win.

do you know we still train for a bayonet charge?

the foreign terrorists should raise their own flag if they are against Pakistan's flag

wherever PAF sees their holy flag, their positions will be bombed

everyone in the end will be happy

But they are uzbeks of IMU who are not happy with pakistani flags, they are not part but allies of TTP and haqqani network. They are from uzbekistan and have different values. Local taliban have nothing against pakistani flags. Pakistani flags on houses in FATA and KPK is a "normal" thing, a kind of trend and fashion. It is balochistan, where insurgents have problems with the pakistan flag.
And this news article reminds me of 2001 when Afghan villages on border hoisted pakistani flags to escape american bombardments.

the Haqqanis are not allied with either TTP or the IMU

They ARE using armed drones if not quad copters and who know they are using armed quad copters or not, how are you so sure?
Any ways here you go, this is called innovation and have any idea who made this, a god damn toymaker!
View attachment 34521

Yar the thing is that this gov. has proved to be a lot better than the previous and still i see people bashing them and spreading pessimism (read Vcheng).... kinda makes me sad and a bit mad.... why are we so thankless creatures, terrorism has gone down significantly if not eliminated, dams are being built, countries are being visited and joint naval drills are happening, overall impression of Pakistan is improving, economy is a lot better considering we were on the verge of going bankrupt. I kinda get passionate sometimes i'm sorry if anything was offensive!

I think @Irfan Baloch has summed up beautifully what my response would have been to this post, I feel that you have totally ignored the spirit behind my post and gone into defence of your idea.

I think @Irfan Baloch has summed up beautifully what my response would have been to this post, I feel that you have totally ignored the spirit behind my post and gone into defence of your idea.
Yeah i think i should stop now or else his positive ratings will keep on mounting while my negative one will remain the same, gareeb ki yahan koun sunta hai :sad:

Yeah i think i should stop now or else his positive ratings will keep on mounting while my negative one will remain the same, gareeb ki yahan koun sunta hai :sad:

If you are posting for positive ratings, then I am sorry to say that your entire motivation is misplaced. Post for the fun of it and because you enjoy discussion on matters pertaining to defence. Voice your ideas, it is not necessary that everyone should agree with them but keeping them shut will gain you nothing, maybe through nullification you might learn something new.

If you are posting for positive ratings, then I am sorry to say that your entire motivation is misplaced. Post for the fun of it and because you enjoy discussion on matters pertaining to defence. Voice your ideas, it is not necessary that everyone should agree with them but keeping them shut will gain you nothing, maybe through nullification you might learn something new.
Some main points....
1-I don't post for ratings, but i got a -ve one for using foul language (only once did i use it and just one word) so i thought it should have been removed by now, i even contacted a moderator.
2-My support for current gov. stands as it is. They've showed that they are serious this time by forming NACTA and bringing the various organs of state under one wing as far as the security condition is concerned. Not to mention the go ahead to the operation announced today.
3-As far as my passion for drones are concerned there is proof out there that the world militaries are using them to their advantage today while the mindset on PDF is to do it "the old joe way", why do i do it? i care for our front line troops just as you or Sir Irfan does.

Some main points....
1-I don't post for ratings, but i got a -ve one for using foul language (only once did i use it and just one word) so i thought it should have been removed by now, i even contacted a moderator.

Ratings aren't temporary, if you carry a positive rating for life, a negative rating also scars you for good.

2-My support for current gov. stands as it is. They've showed that they are serious this time by forming NACTA and bringing the various organs of state under one wing as far as the security condition is concerned. Not to mention the go ahead to the operation announced today.

And nobody asks you to relinquish support for the government.

3-As far as my passion for drones are concerned there is proof out there that the world militaries are using them to their advantage today while the mindset on PDF is to do it "the old joe way", why do i do it? i care for our front line troops just as you or Sir Irfan does.

Your passion for drones does not alter ground realities, our argument was based in the fact that you said drones could preempt IEDs when record of ISAF indicates otherwise. You can't complain about someone contesting your line or argument.

Some main points....
My one suggestion to you is that stop posting for the rating or Thanks , it makes your posts compromised , post for the knowledge or for a discussion .. never for the rating . ever wondered why our media is so flawed ?

Ratings aren't temporary, if you carry a positive rating for life, a negative rating also scars you for good.
I've seen MANY members whom have had their -ve ratings removed by simply saying "i won't do it again cause you know.... mistakes happen and they're a part of life" at least that's how it should be, i think that most of my posts carry a +ve message or bare truth which well.... is sour some times.
And nobody asks you to relinquish support for the government.
I know i just reiterated it i guess.
Your passion for drones does not alter ground realities, our argument was based in the fact that you said drones could preempt IEDs when record of ISAF indicates otherwise. You can't complain about someone contesting your line or argument.
I was not talking about mine detecting drones in the first place, i was actually talking about armed quad copters and micro surveillance UAV's both of which i have a proof of being there. But detecting IED's isn't a space tech. concept it can happen given the power source is there to energize the detectors....

My one suggestion to you is that stop posting for the rating or Thanks , it makes your posts compromised , post for the knowledge or for a discussion .. never for the rating . ever wondered why our media is so flawed ?
Lol i'm not like that mate :)

I've seen MANY members whom have had their -ve ratings removed by simply saying "i won't do it again cause you know.... mistakes happen and they're a part of life" at least that's how it should be, i think that most of my posts carry a +ve message or bare truth which well.... is sour some times.

In that case, request again.

I know i just reiterated it i guess.

That's okay.

I was not talking about mine detecting drones in the first place, i was actually talking about armed quad copters and micro surveillance UAV's both of which i have a proof of being there. But detecting IED's isn't a space tech. concept it can happen given the power source is there to energize the detectors....

1. You said that Armed quadcopters and Micro-surveillance UAVs can save soldiers from IED attacks, you might want to revisit your post.

2. "Energize the Detectors"? What "Detectors"?

1. You said that Armed quadcopters and Micro-surveillance UAVs can save soldiers from IED attacks, you might want to revisit your post.
I did and i found nothing!

2. "Energize the Detectors"? What "Detectors"?
Electrical energy to operate....o_O
I guess a bigger battery or something like that!

I did and i found nothing!

Okay then, clarify to what end these UAVs are to be used, what is their motive? Their operations role? And how can they affect war in the sphere of the traditional 350m?

Electrical energy to operate....o_O
I guess a bigger battery or something like that!

I asked what detectors? You don't just find IED detectors being marketed as a huge plate that can find entire IEDs. Secondly, bigger battery means more weight and more weight means your UAV will have to be redesigned and will have a starkly reduced range and service ceiling.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom